VVVVVV Update Released on eShop

Posted by Corbie Dillard

The flip fix is in

For those of you who haven't fired up your 3DS eShop today, we're pleased to announce that an update to VVVVVV has been released that will fix the Flip Mode problem of the original release.

We updated the game and took it out for a test ride and the Flip Mode now works perfectly. This should add some replay value to the game for those who've already experienced all it has to offer.

If you've yet to pick up VVVVVV, perhaps you should do yourself a favor and check out our full review of the game to see what you've been missing.

From the web

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Guess I submitted the info too late. You guys are too quick, you know that? XD

CorbsStaff

Corbs said:

Thanks for the tip TeeJay, but Tyrone told me it was coming the other day. So I was checking my 3DS fairly regularly. But we do appreciate the news tips. Keep 'em coming man.

CorbsStaff

Corbs said:

Flip Mode is basically a vertical mirror version of the levels.

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

Sweet! i still have yet to get every thing,but i've been avoiding flip mode because i heard it damages the game,i'll download the update now!

Rococoman

Rococoman said:

Nicalis to the rescue once again! Holy frikkin moly, are these guys capable of releasing games that aren't seriously bugged? I love what they do for Nintendo and Indie fans, but their technical guys are just a mess.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Hope it fixed the glitches in the player levels as well.

Can't wait to get back into this game as soon as I beat MGS.

RR529

RR529 said:

Great news! I already beat the main game (with collecting all 20 shiny trinkets), along with 16 of the player levels, so once I beat the last 2 player levels, I'll give flip mode a whirl.

Honestly, this has become one of my favorite eShop titles. I've put more time into it than any of the other neo-retro games on the service.

RR529

RR529 said:

@ VincentV, both are good games, But if you have to choose, definately VVVVVV. Mutant Mudds is a little to safe in it's design and feels a tad repetitive near the end, but VVVVVV is pure brilliance. The flipping mechanic feels fresh, it has the BEST soundtrack of any eShop game, the dialogue can be funny at times, and the "Player" levels shake things up even more (by featuring daunting difficulty levels that make the main game, which is still challenging, seem like a cake walk, or by using the game's mechanics in new ways). If there is any area in which MM is better, I'd say it's in the 3D implementation, but overall I'd say VVVVVV is the best neo retro game on eShop.

Also, if you don't have it, also consider Mighty Switch Force, as I enjoyed it more than MM as well, and it's the least expensive of the neo retro games. Once you have VVVVVV and MSF, definately pick up MM though.

ejamer

ejamer said:

@RR529
I keep hearing people talk about how brilliant VVVVVV is... but after playing the game and dabbling in a couple of the new "player" levels I'm just not feeling that love. The game is clearly very good and worth playing. But brilliant? Not for me. However, I agree that the music is excellent and almost justifies the purchase on its own.

Worth buying? Yes. Better than Mutant Mudds? ... Depends on personal preference.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

I would never want to be forced to choose between this and Mutant Mudds. They're both too awesome.

Also the update fixed a glitch preventing the player from getting the final trinket in the player level Variation Venture. It was me talking to the guy who made the level that got it fixed, so it's nice to know that some developers listen to their fans.

Steviis_Father

Steviis_Father said:

OT: When I went to update my VVVVVV, I noticed that there was an update for the copy of METROID (NES) I got from the Ambassador program. Anyone know what is new with this update?