Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Confirmed for Western Release

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Feel the rhythm this summer

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy has been on our radar for a good while, with the Japanese release being followed by some of the first DLC content on 3DS. For all of you anxious Final Fantasy fans outside of Japan, meanwhile, there's finally some good news.

Square Enix has set up a page on Facebook and confirmed that the rhythm-based game will be arriving in North America, Europe and PAL regions this summer. There's no precise date as yet, but some attractive concept art and screenshots have been uploaded to the page for your viewing pleasure.

We'll keep an eye out for any firm dates: are you interested in picking this up?

[via facebook.com]

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Very interested in it. Can't wait to hear if it really adds something to the genre. If it feels like more than just playing song after song without any connection to them it could be a week one purchase.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Anyone skeptical about this game should listen to Episode 23 of the WAHP podcast (Warning! A Huge Podcast is approaching...). It's some game journalism vets from EGM and GameFan talking about Japanese games, and one of 'em is loving this. It actually got me somewhat excited for it, even though I'm not a FF guy. But I really hope this succeeds and becomes a series. Theatrhythm: Super Mario? Fire Emblem? Please and thank you.

Late

Late said:

I forgot this game completely. It may be cause of the Rhythm Thief demo.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Should I get it if I am awful at rhythm games (I couldn't get past much in Patapon) but love FF music?

HeroOfTime32

HeroOfTime32 said:

Real excited this is finally coming overseas! Absolutely love the music from the FF series. Nobuo Uematsu is a musical genius!

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

I've been eyeing this and hoping for a release :D Glad to hear something is in the works! Though I'll still wait for reviews to make sure its what I think it is (and not beyond my sucky rhythm game skill level).

RR529

RR529 said:

I love FF music, but I'd rather they announced KD3D for a summer release :(

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

this is a really intriguing concept for final fantasy and i'm glad square enix decided to make this one, instead of porting over FF 13.

like rhythm thief, this is one rhythm based game i'm keeping my eyes on.

Millenia

Millenia said:

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Words can not describe how thrilled I am. Made my day!!! ahh <3 Absolutely can not wait!!

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

YES! i hardly played any FF game,in my life,but i do like their music,definitely buying this when it comes to Puerto Rico :D

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

It looks nice, a lighthearted RPG. I am actually glad that it will get a worldwide release, like The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

That monster is just in so much musical agony in the pic... Talk about jam ON it :D

Dodger

Dodger said:

The game looks fun. Can't say I care too much about the Final Fantasy franchise though. Not bashing, just haven't put the time in to get the games and play them. I'll keep my eye on this as I do like rhythm games with different mechanics.

JayceJa

JayceJa said:

a voice so bad it can drop a behemoth... sounds like something from 8-bit theatre