Rumour: Vectorman May Finally Come to Virtual Console

Posted by James Newton

Rated Down Under

Fed up with never completing the epic storyline of SEGA's Vectorman series on Virtual Console? You may be able to play series closer Vectorman 2 on Virtual Console in the near future.

The good old Australian Classification Board has rated Vectorman 2 for "multiple platforms". Virtual Console may be included in that — we know SEGA still plans to support the service — but the publisher's saying nothing for now.

The original Vectorman has been available on Virtual Console and other digital distribution services for some time, but the sequel has never been released for download. Here's hoping Wii owners get a chance to sample it in the not-too distant future.

[via classification.gov.au]

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

I have Sonic Mega Collection on Gamecube which has many Sega games on it including this. I think I'm good, but thanks anyway Sega. ;)

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

The second game is OK but a little too dark at times. I still like it though.

Still nice to see a bumper crop of VC games coming.

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

So not only Vectorman 2 was really late Genesis title, it will also be a late Virtual Console title as well! (If it does come to the VC)

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

I have the Genesis Collection with this game. It is fun. I never heard of the 2nd part.

DrDaisy

DrDaisy said:

Vector Man 2 was okay I guess. I don't think I ever really played past the first level.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Just get Sonic Gems Collection for GameCube (unless you have one of those cheap Wiis with no GameCube support).

I agree that it's OK but that the first one is a lot better.

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

The first time I played Vectorman 2 was when I unlocked it on Sonic Gems Collection for the GameCube years ago, and then I played it again on Sega Genesis Collection for the PSP, so I think I'm all set
I do remember having read how there was going to be a 3D incarnation of Vectorman years ago, but it was scrapped

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

I have both games on the Sega Genesis Collection for the PSP... They're nothing I would pay for individually.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Ya, i played a bit of the orgiinal Vector M' back in in the Genny' days but i couldn't really get into it to be honest.

There are only a few or so Genesis titles i'd like to see pave the way on the VC, Castle of Illusion aside which will never happen

Splatterhouse 3 - (we got 2, where in the hell is 3?)
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Contra Hardcorps
Rocket Knight Adventures

And maybe TMNT: Hyperstone Heist

MAB

MAB said:

What Wavebro said plus

Terminator
Robocop
Chakan the Forever Man
The Immortal
Desert/Jungle Strike series

The latter 2 will hopefully arrive on SUPER WiiTENDO now that EA is onboard for the ride.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

i'm not familiar with the vectorman series but i'm intrigued by this news. really hope it arrives on european shores.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

What I still wanna know, is why are more games disappearing from the VC, more than added. It's just weird. I too, may look into this series.

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

Now if only someone would get on Konami to release NES Contra and Jackal, and Genesis Contra, Castlevania, and the Sparkster games.

The VC has some really obvious holes in it.

MikeyMikeMike

MikeyMikeMike said:

Looking forward to this but the lists provided by Waveboy and MadAussieBloke are really the Genesis titles I'd really like to see...at the top of that list Contra HardCorps