Rumour: Xenoblade Chronicles North America-Bound

Posted by James Newton

Only at Gamestop

Update: A Gamestop representative has confirmed to us that the listing is true.

Here's a rumour we can all hope is true: Xenoblade Chronicles could be coming to North America as a Gamestop exclusive.

A forum poster on NeoGAF has posted a photo of what's claimed to be a Gamestop release schedule, with Monolith's RPG right down at the bottom with a 3rd April 2012 release date attached.

Of course there's every chance this is complete hokum, but you never know.

[via neogaf.com]

TTGlider

TTGlider said:

I thought official word on Rhythm Heaven was February. The screenshot above says March.

steamhare

steamhare said:

I want to waste my money on this nintendo product. If only they would enable my reckless spending.

James

James said:

@TTGlider Yeah, and it's officially Rhythm Heaven Fever now too, which set off alarm bells too. Honestly I doubt it's true but you never know with these things!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

If its true ill be all over this like syrup on a pancake! Going to see if I can reserve this on Monday then! Fingers crossed!

SpaceKappa

SpaceKappa said:

I spent a good chunk of time in the trenches at GameStop, and I can verify that is indeed what their computer system looks like. On the surface it looks legit. A word being added to a title, like "Fever" to Rhythm Heaven isn't enough for them to change the listing most of the time.

If this IS true, though, it means that all my ritualistic sacrifices to the RPG Gods paid off. You're welcome, everyone!

JaxxRaxor

JaxxRaxor said:

@James Why are you talking about Rhythm Heaven when this post is about Xenoblade Chronciles?

I hope this rumor turns out to be true, but I haven't heard of specific store only releases for whole games so it seems pretty dubious.

James

James said:

@JaxxRaxor Because post one mentioned that the official date for Rhythm Heaven is February, and this photo says March.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

Take this with about the largest grain of salt you can find. A lot of these things turn out to be tentative listings.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@James: If I'm not mistaken, GS's dates are usually wrong until officially announced by the publishers. This isn't the first time they've done that

AbuJaffer

AbuJaffer said:

I ran out of salt to pinch, so I substituted it with a healthy dose of skepticism.

CapedGodot

CapedGodot said:

Yay! Let's get all the rainfall people excited JUST TO SEE THEM GET LET DOWN! WHOOOO! I can't wait to see them all cry when they find out it's not true!

pixelman

pixelman said:

Called it. I'm telling you guys, all three will hit before the Wii U comes out.

A GS exclusive is dumb though. Let Amazon have it too please.

edhe

edhe said:

I don't like the sound of that. A single retailer shouldn't be able to sell a game exclusively. A retailer being able to sell exclusive DLC, maybe, but this is just wrong.

QuarterRoy00

QuarterRoy00 said:

Nintendo's official Facebook page just added images from this game to an album with no comment. That looks like a go to me.

edhe

edhe said:

...unless it's a Gamespot exclusive in as much as it includes exclusive content like the signed posters that was the exclusive edition from GAME in the UK.

In any case, look forward to this, Americans!

JayArr

JayArr said:

Just went there and preordered it. The guy said April 3rd as well. The receipt doesn't say anything about "Exclusive" though so who knows....

Bigdog

Bigdog said:

Yesss! And I had just finally started to think about relenting and import... patience paid off!