Centipede Infestation's Weapons Trailer is Old School

Posted by James Newton

You'll see what we mean

You can't beat a good top-down shooter, especially when the enemies are giant bugs and you have flamethrowers and laser guns: that's scientific fact. By similar scientific logic, the upcoming Centipede Infestation on 3DS and Wii should be approaching unbeatability, as the new trailer below shows.

The game itself might look a little ropey in places and it's unlikely to make many people's "most wanted" lists, but it certainly delivers on the giant bugs and laser guns.

Centipede Infestation is due for release later this year.

Related Games

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Dang, it's like somebody built a 3D edition of Klik & Play.

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

I had a version of this for the VIC20 - was it a Jeff Minter game? -.

Anyway I was playing this one time when my Mum & Dad visited so Mum had a go, sits there bashing the button and saying "What am I doing again?" and then beats the highest score I got at that point in time by about 20%... I didn't play it much after that... LOL!

This incarnation, for some reason, looks rather interesting and I'm keen to try it out on the 3DS.

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

Based on the picture with the 'Missile Command Pack included', does this mean there will be DLC?

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Looks Suprisingly Good. not my cup of tea. Going to pick up nano assault now.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

Let it be known that Centipede: Infestation is on Slappy's Most Wanted List! :D

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

Me: oh hey that old arcade game where you go eat the apples

Watches Video

Me: Meh looks mediocre and there are better games coming out

Amorous_Badger

Amorous_Badger said:

Wow, this looks like it has some varied gameplay with lots of weapons that play completely differently to each other.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

I take it I'm the only one who thinks this looks outright terrible, then xD
And I usually like this genre, too.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Meh, I'm getting my big guns and big bugs from Earth Defense Force instead.

GARF13LD

GARF13LD said:

This looks very much like that mini game on Black Ops, Spec Ops is it?
either way if Way Forward are on the case I will definitely be interested in this as their DSi Ware is amazing stuff.

Wolfenstein83

Wolfenstein83 said:

Free missile command pack, really now.
Anywho, the way the game looks and plays kinda reminds me of the Alien Syndrome remake.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

this is by way forward, who developed the latest aliens infestation game for the DS with SEGA. it does have an old skool feel to it.