Gremlins Gizmo Trailer Spotted at Comic-Con

Posted by Trevor Chan

Unleashed on North America this year

During this year's San Diego Comic-Con event, a small booth was spotted showing a trailer for an upcoming video game adaptation of the Gremlins franchise.

Before you get too excited, it appears to be a collection of mini-games that are making their way to the Wii and DS. The trailer for Gremlins Gizmo showed a mixture of mini-games and virtual pet gameplay, with the majority of the footage showing Gizmo performing a variety of activities like weightlifting and engaging in table tennis with the player.

Other Mogwais can be collected too and customised with different outfits, so if you've ever wanted to dress up a Mogwai in a pirate or ninja costume, here's your opportunity. Mini-games based on singing and dancing are also included.

As the name of the game suggests, players should see both Gizmo and the nastier-looking Gremlins, but the footage that was shown at Comic-Con did not depict any of the latter.

Not a lot is known about these releases but what we do know is the North American release date: 18th November. We'll bring you more on Gremlins Gizmo when additional information becomes available. Unless it's after midnight.

[via uk.ds.ign.com]

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I hope this doesnt mean they are going to do a movie remake. That movie doesnt need one it would just ruin the classic charm of it.

Link79

Link79 said:

I used to have a little stuffed Gizmo doll I carried around with me when I was a kid.
I was obsessed with those movies.
I remember they had a Gremlins game on Nes that I rented alot.
It was actually pretty good.
I might have to track it down sometime.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I have very fond memories of Gremlins 2 on the NES but that probably has more to do with the fact that it was a Sunsoft game.:D

Popyman

Popyman said:

The pet raising part of it sounds cool! I know my mom and sister would like that. I really need to watch those movies, I've only seen bits and pieces on TV...I ALWAYS miss the beginning.

Nero

Nero said:

I had (RIP) a friend who was pro at Gremlins 2 on the NES. Not having a good vibe from this game though.

justinr

justinr said:

an old, tired franchise, dragged from its dusty grave and beat again and again, until the tiniest spark of life (is it undead?) makes it seem like a few bucks more could be squeezed from it.

Henmii

Henmii said:

I guess this is a movie tie-in. Because I heard there will be a new Gremlins movie. But I think this time the Gremlins will be computer generated. Or it will be a computer generated movie all together!

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@Kevohki: Actually it was because of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom that the reason for the PG-13 rating was invented.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

i hope gremlins 2 comes to VC. but then, i do have more chance scoring a date with mariah carey before that happens.

Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer said:

Does this mean another movie reboot? I don't see any other reason why they would be making a Gremlins video game.

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

@Kevohki Tasuki is correct, Temple of Doom is the prime reason for the PG-13 rating.

I wouldn't mind another Gremlins movie, but the originals are classics and should be left alone. It's funny that when you mention Gremlins the first thing that comes to my mind is Gremlins 2 for the NES, that was a great game!

BRAINFOX

BRAINFOX said:

Just what the Wii needs, not hardcore games that the fans demanded, but another minigame collection. To quote kozinaa from IGN, "This game needs a segment in which the gremlins destroy the game's coding, and Hulk Hogan proceeds to save the day in a God of War-style brawler."

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

That thing looks hilarious. While I probably will end up never getting this, it has potential.