3DS Getting a Piece of Rayman Origins Too

Posted by Trevor Chan

Ubisoft doesn't want anyone to miss out

Rayman Origins sure is full of surprises, and it's not even out yet. First there was the revelation that the once Xbox Live Arcade and Sony PlayStation Network-only 2D platformer was also headed to the Wii. Now, it seems the latest in the Rayman series will also appear on yet another platform.

In the latest issue of Nintendo Power magazine, details on a 3DS version were scarce but revealed Ubisoft has plans to provide as much content in the handheld instalment as the home console versions.

While the Rayman prequel should see release on the Wii this November, gamers looking to play the 3DS version will have to wait until 2012.

[via nintendoworldreport.com]

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Aye, the latest 3DS release list that you put up on this site had the 3DS version of Ray Origins out in Feb. Can't decide which one to get personally. Need revws!

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Please bring Rayman Origins to Playstation Vita. Thanks. :D

Wesker

Wesker said:

That's good news. I actually watched the Ubisoft E3 conference, they had a great line-up and this one really stood out.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

After seeing it running on Xbox 360 and PS3, I think I'm going with one of those versions. It was gorgeous! :D

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Depends on which version is going to be better. I think Rayman Origins would really profit from the 3D.

Popyman

Popyman said:

YAY!! I was going to buy the PS3 version and the Wii, but now I'll get the 3DS one instead of the latter.

Punny

Punny said:

I'm going to get the Wii version. I love co-op platformers. They're hilariously entertaining. :D

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

I'll be getting the PS3 version, but I've been wanting to see a 2D platformer on the 3DS, so I might get that too.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Good decision, Ubisoft.
I might even end up getting both versions (one for really cheap then though).

Henmii

Henmii said:

I knew it was coming to the 3DS. It was on Nintendo's release-list. But I'll go for the Wii version!

RightHemisphereG

RightHemisphereG said:

Krieky i will probably be trying them bother out, if they add side quests or ways of playing the two in tangent, I will buy them both. The music, visuals and sounds F/X's are AAA, now if them make the 3DS game to be not just a port alone, yet an extension(Eula: Animal crossing-DS to Wii,). Awesome. Hope You read Ubisoft

JarredBuzzo

JarredBuzzo said:

If I can afford a Vita, I think I would buy this game on that. But by the time it comes out I"ll have a good amount of 3DS games, so I may buy it on the 3DS...

hydeks