Miyamoto: "Please Be Patient for Wii 2 Details"

Posted by James Newton

Easier said than done

For the past week we've been bringing you Wii 2 rumours, but Shigeru Miyamoto has just all-but confirmed the console is in the works with a few well-chosen words spoken to Edge.

The respected magazine pressed Mario's creator about the upcoming console, to which Miyamoto replied:

Don’t ask! Even when the Wii launched we were developing new hardware, work on 3DS had already started. It’s a matter of when we announce it.

Nintendo will make the announcement at E3 though, right? Maybe not.

Please wait. Be patient until we decide.

Rumours abound that next week's investor meeting will mention some details of the new console. Stay tuned to Nintendo Life and we'll bring you all the relevant details.

[via next-gen.biz]

geek-master

geek-master said:

hey this is nintendo. perfection best not be rushed. people get answers from nintendo unlike apple which are always hush hush about everything in the production line

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Well, there were 3DS rumors last year and at E3 it was revealed....now there are "Wii 2" rumors, meaning this year's E3...

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Well I hope they won't even mention it on the upcoming E3. Just announce loads of top quality Wii and (3)DS games. Would be terrible for the sales of the Wii, especially when you plan on releasing it end 2012 with another E3 in between.

Ryno

Ryno said:

A lot of the folks here should allow Nintendo direct access to their bank accounts.

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

Patience.......

(How long am I expected to hold this up? I'm about to self-destruct here!)

TanookiSteven

TanookiSteven said:

Wahahhaa. And so Miyamoto has confirmed that all past rumors are FAKE. Thank you Miyamoto, you have helped me bear the time again Thumbs up

evimonkey953

evimonkey953 said:

What would patience be if you were asking when at the same god damn time

OMG NINTENDO HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackShyGuy

BlackShyGuy said:

Well if they actually had good launch games fo the 3ds, then I wouldnt mind waiting so long. But nooo...

armoredghor

armoredghor said:

@16 This means that they probably haven't even given info to developers. and basically saying all these rumors are just rumors. Didn't they also admit it was a bad kept secret before E3 when the rumors about the 3DS came out?

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

@14 You're referring to "don't believe everything you read on the internet"? Cause I believe you read that on the internet.

See what I did there?

motang

motang said:

I think it will be announced (some what) next week at the investors meeting, and the curtain will be taken off at this year's E3 press conference.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

You'd have to be an idiot to not think there will be a successor to the Wii coming soon. I don't want to think about it, but in another 10 years there will be the Wii's successor's successor. Unless the apocalypse ends all vidya games. I cannot express enough how little I care about a Wii successor. The Wii hasn't even left a good enough legacy like the DS to move on yet!

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

IGN is tweeting that they're going to find out new information on IGN Nintendo in a few days about a "certain project". Wonder what that is? LOL

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

The pic of him makes me think of that scene early in "Saving Private Ryan". Don't remember the exact quotes.

What did he say?
He said: "Look, I wash my hands"!

Hee hee.

RYBlast

RYBlast said:

Miyamoto pretty much confirmed that the Wii2 exists. Now THAT is a reason for being patient.

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

They really should reveal it at E3. I'm sorry but even announcing a batch of top-quality Wii titles won't save it now. It's time for a new console.

Miyamoto is so awesome. Too bad he lives on the other side of the world.

SavageBlackWolf

SavageBlackWolf said:

Cripes. It`s the around size of an XBox and looks kinda like a SNES. Having a hard time picturing that. lol

CaPPa

CaPPa said:

If the rumored specs are true then it'll be an amazing console. The controller screen streaming is a great idea too, allowing for strategic local multiplayer games.

1080ike

1080ike said:

Patience, grasshoppers. It will come when it comes. There's no rushing perfection. A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever.

Glade

Glade said:

He's lying... they should've put a liar neon sign on the wall. Plus his left eye is twitching... :P

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

He's probably suprised at how the internet has gone aflame over these Project Cafe rumors. Personally, I would be a little irked if my top secret project was leaked onto the web, but I'm not Shigeru Miyamoto. You can't expect him to go ahead and announce its existance. The last thing he should do is rush the console and not get the full offering it was meant to have.

jerryo

jerryo said:

wow! he didn't deny anything! he just "said": this thing is there, just wait for an official announcement and do not try to convince us to announce anything before we believe it is time. :D

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm suprised how many of the other comments seem to be unaware that Nintendo are always working on the next console, or the next handheld. (they gotta give their hardware engineers a job to do inbetween launches you know? :P) So of course the next home console exists in the making and they've probably started working on the next handheld too (if only in the design stage). So with that info you now understand that what Miyamoto actually means is: 'we are working on the next home console (as per usual) & will be revealing it when we are ready (of course)'.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Nintendo, take your time. Make it totally awesome. and give me time to accumulate sufficient funds to purchase such device

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

"I know nothing!" - Miyamoto is clearly lying! :D

Patience is kind of hard for core gamers and fanboys who, just like they play their games, live their lives by the seat of their pants! ;)

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George said:

I'm not being impatient, my first guess of an new Nintendo, Sony and possibly Microsoft console coming out was in about 2 years.

DrDaisy

DrDaisy said:

"Patience" is probably not a good choice of words for people who have had to deal with seemingly-limitless delays. Honestly, I wish Nintendo would stop announcing premature release dates.
But that's another subject. I'm actually in no hurry to find everything aout about what I'm sure is not going to be called the Wii 2.