E3 2010: Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D for 3DS

Posted by Reed Kalso

At least the "3D" designation fits in more smoothly here

The game announcements just keep coming. Next up is the first Metal Gear game for a Nintendo system since Twin Snakes hit the GameCube. Not much is clear about the game, including its title: Nintendo's site calls it Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, while other sources have tacked the subtitle "The Naked Sample" to the end. The game is clearly based on Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, for the PS2, but whether it is a full-blown remake, a sequel, side-story, "interquel" or prequel is still unknown.

Snake Eater for the PS2 was a prequel, putting gamers in the shoes of Naked Snake, the man who would become Big Boss. It was one of the more ambitious and content-heavy games of its time, so a complete port or remake would really speak for the capacity of the 3DS.

There has been positive feedback from the small number who have gotten to see the tech demo so far, but there is ultimately very little information as of yet. Of course, Nintendo Life will be keeping tabs on it.

[via e3.nintendo.com]

Knux

Knux said:

This game is also on my must-buy list. I bet it is a remake of Snake Eater.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Now if only they would bring The Sons of Liberty over to a Nintendo platform, the first three will be able to come together... wait, do we want Sons of Liberty, though? No, seriously, I've only ever played Twin Snakes, so help me out here...

Kidpit

Kidpit said:

No way, this can't real, I'm must be dreaming. Yes, that's it.

I'm still in a dream.

(<.<), (>.>)

SNAKE EATER :D

greenellow

greenellow said:

this has to be a dream their's no way this can be real how else can we explain this wonderful awesomeness and kid icarus

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Too much for one day! I'd rather have all the news spaced out little by little, ya know?

Objection

Objection said:

Very awesome, although I might not get it if its only a remake, since I JUST beat MGS3. Now get a MGS Wii! Lol, this day rocks.

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

Hm. I´m trying to get used to the way 3DS games look... this is realtime graphics for the portable Nintendo console rubs eyes

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

2 good things about this game. First is its creator has said in the past that he would not make a game for the nintendo systems. Its to kid friendly. Great job nintendo on getting one of the biggest name in video games today. Also lets not forget that the gamecube version was not made by konami. Second thing is this might mean that people might start taking nintendo more as a hard core game system as we see more games like this and resident evil along with saints row (that one was a shocker). Of coarse its starts with the 3ds as the wii will never be considered as hard core just look at the sales of those type of games on the system. With the acception of a few.

3230ru

3230ru said:

I have no words... this title is the biggest surprise.... after 3DS itself (which wasn't really a surprise though)

DEADCELL

DEADCELL said:

"After being thrown off a few cliffs in Brawl, Snake was less than pleased about his return to Nintendo"

Wrong Snake! This is Naked Snake. Solid Snake was in Smash Bros Brawl.

DEADCELL

DEADCELL said:

There are quite a few Snakes in the Metal Gear series. Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, Solidus Snake, Naked Snake (the main character in this game), and Snake (Raiden's codename before the Tanker chapter in MGS2)

Markystal

Markystal said:

Now metal gear is being brought over too!!!!!!TOO MANY GOOD GAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEES. UGH .._____/ beeeeeeeep_______/beeeeeeeep____________beeeeeee died....

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I can't wait for this. MGS 3 is one of the best games I've ever played and a remake with full 3D graphics on a system I can take with me anywhere is great. Hopefully it'll be a day one game but if not I'm just glad it's on the way.