High Voltage: Multiplatform Gladiator A.D. And Grinder? Sure, Why Not?

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Developer says it's up to the publisher.

With neither game even close to being out yet, High Voltage's Russell Crowe-fest Gladiator A.D. and horror co-op shooter The Grinder look to be two promising Wii-exclusive titles to satiate those looking for a bit of the ol' ultraviolence. Well, exclusive at the moment at least.

Speaking to Destructoid at E3 last week, HVS design director Dave Pellas said that they're keeping their options open regarding a multiplatform release.

“We can do anything. We’ve got some very, very talented guys. And it just takes time. And dedication. We have the dedication. It would just be, "yes, here’s lots of money. Go make this for the PS3." [And we would say] "Thank you publisher, we will.”

The Conduit isn't going to be jumping ship, but there's really nothing keeping these two from flying their HD freak flags. No publisher has picked them up quite yet, so who knows what'll happen.

[via destructoid.com]

Related Games

y2josh

y2josh said:

Well, I'll be the FIRST to wish them luck ;)

Awww never mind. Good luck though HVS :)

Pegasus

Pegasus said:

I'd think Gladiator would actually be pretty cool with a beefier machine, although if it includes WMP like I expect it might maybe not as much.

SepticLemon

SepticLemon said:

As long as the games are different, same series but different gameplay between Wii and 360/PS3. Then I see why not, but if it's a Remake or a port, then why would people get the Wii version if 360 gramers want the better graphics...

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

“We can do anything. We’ve got some very, very talented guys."

No you don't, and no you can't.

It's unfortunate some people believe you, and I have no desire to see your shovelware show up on more systems.

Objection

Objection said:

I think we'll know whether AlexSays is right in 10 days (give or take) when The Conduit arrives. If its good, he'll have to eat it a little, but if its mediocre or worse, then he'll truly have been right for months upon months.

jbrodack

jbrodack said:

basically one guy from the company said it possible. it also doesn't seem likely. I've seen people get up in arms about this on other sites though there is nothing actually planned or in motion regarding 360 or ps3 ports

BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat said:

As long as the Wii version doesn't get cancelled or stripped down in the process, I'm not complaining.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

A company needs to survive. I'm assuming that this is a backup plan in case Conduit flops on the Wii.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Gee, Alexsays, you seem to like being a killjoy to those that like certain games. I'm also sure you can back up your "opinion" with fact yet again.

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

I didn't think either of these games looked particularly impressive, esspecially not by other console's standards.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Well, if they're given the money... That's a LOT of money though and I doubt a publisher would really demand it because it would require redoing almost the entire game.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Not really a surprise; I cannot imagine any 3rd-party developer turning down money to port anything to another platform...

Monkeh

Monkeh said:

The only reason I want the Conduit is because it's going to be the best FPS on the Wii (imo), while on other consoles, it would look like a generic shooter which I'd never buy.

MDee14

MDee14 said:

I think Nintendo needs to buy this developer. They are Nintendo fans, and it's best to get some good Wii exclusives