Konami: VC Arcade Support and WiiWare Life Force
Posted by Marcel van Duyn
Another big developer jumps on the VCA bandwagon!
Before publishers rerelease their old games on VC, they're required to renew the trademarks for them - a bunch of classic Konami trademarks appeared today, which seems to indicate they're going to be releasing arcade games as well!
Konami has registered these new VC-related trademarks:
- Green Beret (Arcade or NES, retitled Rush'n Attack in the US)
- Gyruss (Arcade or NES)
- Meikyuu Jiin Dababa (FDS)
- Life Force (Arcade - It has to be, the NES version's already available!)
- Salamander (The Japanese title for Life Force)
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu (Arcade - It also has to be, because Japan has the NES version already.)
But that's not all! There's also a trademark for Salamander ReBirth, indicating that Gradius ReBirth wasn't a one-off - Life Force is getting a new game as well!
If that's not enough, Namco has registered two classic trademarks as well - They'll be rereleasing the arcade games Baraduke and Galaxian - Galaga's predecessor!
Of course, there's no official announcements on any of these games just yet - But if they're made, we'll inform you immediately.