Forums

Topic: Shovel Knight

Posts 261 to 280 of 350

spizzamarozzi

faint wrote:

how long did we get this game before sony and xbox?

not much if you live in Europe - the game was only released in mid-November over here, even if you were an original Kickstarter backer.
Not too sad about the extra content but it's a pity that this game didn't get a cross-buy feature like it will on other platforms. Especially now that Nintendo is mellowing on the cross-buy issue. The thing that pisses me off the most is having lost yet another good exclusive game.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Spoony_Tech

I can't believe people are upset at losing exclusivity. Doesn't the developer deserve to make money where ever they see fit? After all, if it's not a big success on Nintendo platforms maybe it doesn't make the jump to others.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

outburst

Bowser and MetaKnight for Nintendo consoles as enemy bosses! As for Shovel Knight skin, Samus armor!

outburst

LzWinky

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I can't believe people are upset at losing exclusivity. Doesn't the developer deserve to make money where ever they see fit? After all, if it's not a big success on Nintendo platforms maybe it doesn't make the jump to others.

I honestly don't care if something is exclusive. Shovel Knight is a wonderful game that deserves all the praise it gets.

On a more positive note, I look forward to the DLC for the game

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

WiiWareWave

@TingLz Congratulations on becoming the Community Administator!

On-Topic: I can't wait for the dlc! It looks amazing.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

unrandomsam

TingLz wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I honestly don't care if something is exclusive. Shovel Knight is a wonderful game that deserves all the praise it gets.

On a more positive note, I look forward to the DLC for the game

I am not bothered about the exclusivity being lost. I won't be too happy if every other platform gets the DLC ages before Nintendo however.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

TeeJay

Shovelknight Smashified!

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

People would flip if this happened. Not to mention this would be one Amiibo I would have to have!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

TeeJay wrote:

Shovelknight Smashified!

Oh...I want this. So very badly. Too bad it will probably never happen.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Ryno

Untitled
http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/06/shovel-knight-physical-vers...

The physical version of Shovel Knight contains everything we’ve released so far. First, there is the original Shovel Knight campaign with all the content you know and love! Also included is Shovel Knight’s first content update: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. Finally, there’s a full-featured Challenge mode with more than 50 crazy challenge levels to explore!

Of course, like the digital version, every boxed version will also receive FREE future updates as they become available:

Specter Knight’s Campaign – A full campaign starring the shadowy scythe spinner!
King Knight’s Campaign – A crazy campaign with the gilded goob himself!
Battle Mode – Duel with up to 4 players as your favorite heroic or villainous knight! (Wii U/PS4/XB1/PC exclusive)
Body Swap Mode – Did you ever wish Shovel Knight was a lady, or Shield Knight was a dude? Well, now you’ll be able to change them all around, along with the rest of the cast!

Oh, and one more thing: every boxed copy of Shovel Knight will include a lavish instruction booklet similar to the Kickstarter reward. No 2-page inserts here! You deserve a full manual, to hold in your hot little shaking hands and pore over as you wait to get home!

I might to double dip and get the Xbox One version to get the Battletoads.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kkslider5552000

I've been waiting patiently to play the Plague Knight update. Super excited for that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TeeJay

When does the update drop?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

Tsurii wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

They're going to announce the release date soon-ish.

They also teased (more) exclusive stuff for the Nintendo versions, tho.

Also… we’ve heard the cries of bringing more exclusive content to Nintendo platforms. It might not be quite what you expect… but keep an eye out for another MEGATON announcement soon!

I'm calling the Megaton hammer as a weapon. I mean..why would they emphasize it like that otherwise?

It could be Darunia as a boss.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ricklongo

They have so much content still coming... which on one hand is great, but on the other hand will tie them up for the foreseeable future. I can't imagine Yacht Club releasing a new game for at least four years, which is quite a sad thought.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

ricklongo

Tops wrote:

ricklongo wrote:

They have so much content still coming... which on one hand is great, but on the other hand will tie them up for the foreseeable future. I can't imagine Yacht Club releasing a new game for at least four years, which is quite a sad thought.

That's the price we pay when developers actually follow up on their promises.

It is, but it's also probably a sign they might have overpromised. This has become a pet peeve of mine regarding Kickstarter projects, to be honest, which makes me look forward to Yooka-Laylee even more. Playtonic could have kept the ball rolling with more and more stretch goals, but chose to focus on making the best main game possible. I really respect that, because that would have been a lot of quick extra cash for them.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I do like how it's getting a retail release, considering how it is actually much better than most games you can buy at a store.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

Tsurii wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Tsurii wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

They're going to announce the release date soon-ish.

They also teased (more) exclusive stuff for the Nintendo versions, tho.

Also… we’ve heard the cries of bringing more exclusive content to Nintendo platforms. It might not be quite what you expect… but keep an eye out for another MEGATON announcement soon!

I'm calling the Megaton hammer as a weapon. I mean..why would they emphasize it like that otherwise?

It could be Darunia as a boss.

Maybe both?
The MEGATON news and I don't think many would seriously expect Darunia being a boss instead of a more iconic character like Link. I'd definitely prefer seeing Darunia tbh (I'm a sucker for the Gorons. Love those guys)

My idea was getting the weapon after defeating the boss, I think that's how the Kratos boss worked in the Sony versions (sorry, I know virtually nothing about the God of War series).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WiiWareWave

A MEGATON announcement is a meme for a really big announcement in the video game industry. Look it up on Wiki.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

ricklongo

I don't buy the Darunia speculation. It's just so... random. "Megaton" is a word people use quite often to mean "massive", so the Megaton hammer connection doesn't really convince me. I could be wrong, though.

I'm thinking it's gonna be a more famous Nintendo character (or characters), but their wording makes it seem like it won't be ones we immediately think of.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.