Forums

Topic: The Last Story

Posts 241 to 260 of 424

edhe

I'll admit I overreacted a bit regarding a user in these forums, and I'll just ignore it next time.

Hopefully a mod will read this and clean out this thread because I really don't want to start a flame war.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

FonistofCruxis

turtlelink wrote:

Gameplay and graphics look awesome! Most likely will get this over Xenoblade;

I haven't played TLS yet so I can't say whether the gameplay is better or not yet (personally I don't think it looks quite as good as XBC) but while the graphics in this look fantastic, I doubt they're as good as the graphics in XBC as that game has the most beautiful environments I've seen in a game.

shingi_70

So xseed tweeted about pre-ordering the game and while the Limited edition isn't out of the question its not finalized.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

turtlelink

FonistofCruxis wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Gameplay and graphics look awesome! Most likely will get this over Xenoblade;

I haven't played TLS yet so I can't say whether the gameplay is better or not yet (personally I don't think it looks quite as good as XBC) but while the graphics in this look fantastic, I doubt they're as good as the graphics in XBC as that game has the most beautiful environments I've seen in a game.

Judging from videos, TLS had better looking character models and environments compared to XBC.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

shingi_70

The Gameplay in the two are super different even through both are spins on the JRPG formula.

Xenoblade chronicles seems to have that MMO type of gameplay where you you have timed hits with free movement. While The Last Story is is a third person shooter similar to gears of war.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Cia

zezhyrule wrote:

So what if he is purposefully posting on every thread about the game how bad it is? Your opinion is that it's amazing and you're doing the same thing, maybe misguiding others into thinking it's amazing when it's really not (of course, you haven't played it, and he has). You don't think it's justified for someone to warn others to be wary of purchasing a game if you found it paling in comparison to pretty much any other great JRPG this generation?

Either way, I myself will be buying this title because Uematsu. Don't really care about the bad gameplay/storytelling

I haven't played The Last Story, but almost all the reviews i've read are praising the storytelling, so i have a hard time of believing that it's bad. Just because one, single forum user (who generally seems to be against most Wii games) claims so with the experience of Japanese version doesn't make it true.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

Reala

Comparing graphics with xenoblade and last story isn't very fair to be honest xenoblade has huge open levels while last stories seem to be relatively small, also very different gameplay wise xenoblade had tons of side quests while last story is completely linear, both very good games but a bit like comparing sonic and mario same genre but hugely different approaches, still not finished last story so can't say which I prefer yet but its been a lot of fun so far.

Reala

shingi_70

Let's not lie.

The Last Story is a Fugly looking Game. Now way around it. Its like they started the game in mind for the HD twins and ended up porting it badly to the Wii. I mean I get the whole somwhat drab kingdom thing they're going for but the textures are horrible. Even the outdoors look off. and the character's look like they're rendered differently than the environment. .

Coming From Mistwalker and Looking at Xenoblade this game is a visual disappointment. Good thing the Music and story seem to make up for that.

Also isn't this out already, Why haven't we seen any impressions from UK users.

WAT!

Mk_II

Ordered the Ltd. Ed. from amazon.co.uk with free but slow shipping yet it still arrived here on my doorstep in the Netherlands today. Excellent!

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

TWK

shingi_70 wrote:

Let's not lie.

The Last Story is a Fugly looking Game. Now way around it. Its like they started the game in mind for the HD twins and ended up porting it badly to the Wii. I mean I get the whole somwhat drab kingdom thing they're going for but the textures are horrible. Even the outdoors look off. and the character's look like they're rendered differently than the environment. .

Coming From Mistwalker and Looking at Xenoblade this game is a visual disappointment. Good thing the Music and story seem to make up for that.
Also isn't this out already, Why haven't we seen any impressions from UK users.

You're wrong in calling this game ugly. I've been playing it and the game actually looks quite good. Although not as big and vibrant as Xenoblade, it certainly have its moments with awesome scenes with beautiful graphics and colors; totally on par with Xenoblade. So... this game is certainly not a visual disappointment at all. The game actually reminds me much about Xenoblade; both in gameplay, excellent musical score and excellent artstyle. The english voice acting is also very good. Xenoblade is still the best JRPG for the Wii in my opinion, but it says a lot that you can compare these two games.

This game has the same magical feeling as Xenoblade and Monster Hunter.

Edited on by TWK

TWK

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4040-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: TobiasWK

shingi_70

I'm guessing its the power of the wii because the game isn't touching mistwalker's earlier games

N something about the game seems off compared to Lost Odyssey and Blue dragon.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

shingi_70 wrote:

I'm guessing its the power of the wii because the game isn't touching mistwalker's earlier games

That something being that it's actually creative and original instead of an FF wannabe?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

GundamMac wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

That something being that it's actually creative and original instead of an FF wannabe?

Hey at least Lost Odyssey wasthe best Final Fantasy game this gen.

I'm worried on if square can pull off DQX. the beta has starter but no impressions have been found.

WAT!

JDavies

The detail of this game is pretty impressive, battles´re fun too.

JDavies

Nintendo Network ID: JDavies

turtlelink

vonseux wrote:

Hey, I just figured that the start of the story is very similar to... Disney's ALADDIN!!

No spoilers!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

shingi_70

Has anyone tried the mutiplayer.

WAT!

JDavies

I´ve just had a go, It´s quite fun. One particularly cool thing was clearing a co-op boss battle. Got an item upon winning which I could then use to upgrade a weapon in the main game.

JDavies

Nintendo Network ID: JDavies

BenAV

Just finally received my copy.
Gotta head off to my first day of Uni for the year soon though so I won't get to play until tonight or tomorrow. D:
And unfortunately no online multiplayer for me at the moment.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.