Forums

Topic: The Last Story

Posts 221 to 240 of 424

komicturtle

Find it interesting Xseed is taking care of publishing.

Looking forward to it now that I actually might get a TV set this week so I can finally play my Wii

Glad I was right about it coming over. Just one more: Pandora's Tower.
I just hope I do finish both Xenoblade and The Last Story since I have a bad, really bad habit of not finishing up JRPGs. I started FFIX and I stopped playing within 3 hours.. Then there's DQVI, after about 10'ish hours. And Radiant Historia is on the way x_x

I'm loaded on JRPGs...

komicturtle

Radixxs

Does anyone know how this game might compare to games like Radiant Historia or Chrono Trigger? I'm not sure what I'm asking or if it is feasible, but this game looks interesting, and I enjoy traditional, sprite-based JRPGs a lot. I've never played a 3D console RPG before, and I'm having trouble trying to figure out if I would enjoy this, or Xenoblade for that matter. I know it hasn't been released yet, but.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

KaiserGX

FonistofCruxis wrote:

@KaiserGX You can play as any of the 7 main characters in XBC and Sharla's weapon is like a rifle. She is also the main healer of the game.

Hohohohoho ooooh! I am gonna look her up! This is a reason why I liked Monster Hunter Tri... the Bowguns! (they didn't work like bows!). AND A HEALER?! AWW YEH!
Untitled SOLD! This is the kind of weapon I like using! (In RPG like games) I actually hate shooters, but I love using Riffles in non-shooter games.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

edhe

@Chocogoldfish

You like Boom Street and Chocobo Mystery Dungeon. Your opinion is invalid.

And just to preempt your inignant response, Yes - I accept that you can enjoy a game that I don't personally rate. Funny how that works.

Xenoblade is one of the best games I have played (this was despite your similar comments on the Xenoblade page) and I'm sure the same applies to The Last Story. And just because there is apparently better games on the PS3, doesn't mean we should all shun The Last Story.

What, are we all supposed to go out and buy PS3s so we can play what you believe are proper RPGs?

Hopefully, I'll be receiving it today, but I'm hoping to send my TV out for repair soon, and so I might not get to play if for a few days on receiving it.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

CanisWolfred

edhe wrote:

@Chocogoldfish

You like Boom Street and Chocobo Mystery Dungeon. Your opinion is invalid.

Those are actually good games, though I assume you're trying to say "even he likes certain Wii RPGs, therefore he can say all the good RPGs are on the PS3." Still, if you want to invalidate him, I got a better example: I don't know if its been said here, but he's referenced Hyperdimension Neptunia, an Idea Factory RPG, as one if the "good" games on the PS3, putting it above Xenoblade Chronicles. To me, that easily discredits him from determining what the "Good" RPGs are, let alone the rest of the games he's said are better.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

edhe

GundamMac wrote:

Those are actually good games.

I'm sure they are. That wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Last Story is a good game too, but Chocogoldfish isn't having any of that. At every opportunity he's run the game down, and I wanted to make him realise what he's essentially saying.

Besides, didn't either of you (KaiserGX too) read past the first line? Clearly, I wasn't seriously calling his opinions invalid because he likes those two games.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

BenAV

edhe wrote:

Last Story is a good game too, but Chocogoldfish isn't having any of that. At every opportunity he's run the game down, and I wanted to make him realise what he's essentially saying.

The best thing is to just ignore anything he says, trying to argue or reason or anything like that will go nowhere.

On topic: Still waiting for my game to arrive! D:
It came out here on Thursday but I ordered it online as it wasn't going to be easy for me to get to the shops to buy it on Thursday and considering how little copies of Xenoblade they stocked, I didn't want to risk missing out completely.
Hoping I'll get it on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

edhe

Am I not allowed to express an opinion without a sarky response, Zezhyrule.

Sharing an opinion is one thing - purposefully posting on every Last Story thread how everyone is misguided for looking forward to or buying The Last Story because they can get better games on a PS3 (that's subjective for a start) is uneccesary.

We get it! You aren't going to buy The Last Story, and don't think we should either!

As for me, I'll have to wait until the 1st of March at least (thanks GAME). In the meantime, I'll be getting my TV DVD drive fixed, and hopefully I can enjoy this game like I did Xenoblade.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

zezhyrule

So what if he is purposefully posting on every thread about the game how bad it is? Your opinion is that it's amazing and you're doing the same thing, maybe misguiding others into thinking it's amazing when it's really not (of course, you haven't played it, and he has). You don't think it's justified for someone to warn others to be wary of purchasing a game if you found it paling in comparison to pretty much any other great JRPG this generation?

Either way, I myself will be buying this title because Uematsu. Don't really care about the bad gameplay/storytelling

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

edhe

I guess you're right.

I just don't like his attitude towards it all - If only he could be nice about it all, but alas, it comes across as "everyone is misguided - if only they could play some proper games like the ones I like".

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

FonistofCruxis

@edhe I agree, he seems to think his opinion is absolute and that everyone else has to follow it.
@zezhyrule The gameplay/storytelling may not be bad, most of the critics have been praising it.

turtlelink

Gameplay and graphics look awesome! Most likely will get this over Xenoblade;

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Shining-Void

I've decided I will get this game when it comes out. It has a fairly interesting battle system, plus I haven't played a good rpg in a while.

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

shingi_70

Wonder if xseed will import the special edtion.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.