Forums

Topic: The Last Story

Posts 261 to 280 of 424

Bankai

Edit: Read back and realised I'm not allowed to warn people that this game isn't for anyone. Oh well.

I'll say it again anyway: I gave it a very low score because it's just a bland JRPG with some technical issues (the camera especially) and a muddy colour palette. If you have a HD console, then pick almost any JRPG off the shelf and it'll be better.

Edited on by Bankai

Bankai

zezhyrule wrote:

Even Eternal Sonata?

Close call

But probably fair. I didn't enjoy Eternal Sonata much at all.

Also, just wait for me to get started on Pandora's Tower. That's the worst of them all, but it's on the Wii so we'll all pretend it's awesome.

It's also probably worth clarifying, since people on the Internet seem to only be able to see in black and white: I never said Xenoblade was a bad game. I said it was a very overrated game, and it was overrated because people seem to pretend the HD consoles don't exist when reviewing high progile Wii games. I made a decision that when I review games I review them as part of an industry that has three consoles, and Xenoblade does not compare well to a host of PS3 RPGs.

You can ignore my perspective if you don't have a PS3 or don't care for the PS3. I'm not the kind of critic that writes reviews for you.

And The Last Story fares even less well in that context than Xenoblade does.

Edited on by Bankai

shingi_70

So Waltz how would you rank this among Mistwalker's other works?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Bankai

shingi_70 wrote:

So Waltz how would you rank this among Mistwalker's other works?

I haven't played many - this is my first of Mistwalker's TV console games. I didn't like Away Shuffule Dungeon at all, I kinda enjoyed ASH though. No work of art, but an interesting little twist on the Fire Emblem format, that one.

TheKingOfTown

Scores 9.0 on GameSpot. http://www.gamespot.com/the-last-story/videos/the-last-story-...
Kind of surprising since GameSpot seems to have higher standards compared to other game sites. But each reviewer is different, I guess.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

CanisWolfred

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

Scores 9.0 on GameSpot. http://www.gamespot.com/the-last-story/videos/the-last-story-...
Kind of surprising since GameSpot seems to have higher standards compared to other game sites. But each reviewer is different, I guess.

Once again, I'm incredibly impressed with the battle system, but you can see even in that video that it's way too easy. Most enemies were felled with basic attacks before spells could even get off. The reviewer also seemed too captivated by a rather generic-sounding story. Just my 2 cents on the review. I normally don't agree with Gamespot, anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Well it doesn't matter if the story is generic if it's told well enough. Radiant Historia had some laughably cliched plot twists but it's still better than almost every JRPG in the past decade.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

retired_account

Cliches in a game are fine if the characters are great, and it sounds like that's the case here. Couldn't be more excited for this... come onnnn June 19th!

retired_account

gaDronilDdos

Just started my new game + , just to upgrade some stuff for multiplayer and to play a couple of chapters I missed the first time.

Edited on by gaDronilDdos

3DS fc: 3136-7253-6786
Currently playing RE: revelations
Please let me know if you want to add me.

voulg160

The doppelganger fight is so annoying

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

kkslider5552000

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

voulg160 wrote:

The doppelganger fight is so annoying

have you tried using Din's Fire?

True story - that's exactly how you beat half this game's bosses.

I kid you not.

note to self - buy green potions

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FonistofCruxis

ONM confused me in the latest issue. They said that this game can take over 100 hours to beat when most people say that its 20-30 hours long. Maybe they were just confusing it with XBC. Is there anyone who's completed this game that can give make this clearer? BTW, this wasn't in their review, that was the issue before.

FonistofCruxis

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

They said that this game can take over 100 hours to beat.

HAHAHAHAH no.

This is the shortest JRPG I've played in a very long time.

Ok, thanks. It must have just been a mistake then. I did find it very surprising when I read that as it was the first time I'd heard anyone say that.

Bankai

FonistofCruxis wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

They said that this game can take over 100 hours to beat.

HAHAHAHAH no.

This is the shortest JRPG I've played in a very long time.

Ok, thanks. It must have just been a mistake then. I did find it very surprising when I read that as it was the first time I'd heard anyone say that.

ONM's biggest mistake yet.

Aiyoku

hi, anyone here finished it already?
Hours playthrough?

Aiyoku

Grubdog

I'm still going after 40 hours. It's easy to get distracted in the main town, the detail and level of interaction is amazing.

pietriots.com - where serious gamers have fun with their puppies

Nintendo Network ID: GRUBDOG | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.