Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Thread of SPOILERS

Posts 341 to 360 of 391

KingBroly

Well Bowser doesn't explode into flames in the 2D games when you beat him.

KingBroly

retired_account

Nah, he just gets every inch of his flesh burnt off by lava multiple times. I bet Kammy Koopa cloned him using particles off of Peach's dress.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Deviant_Mugen

pixelman wrote:

Nah, he just gets every inch of his flesh burnt off by lava multiple times. I bet Kammy Koopa cloned him using particles off of Peach's dress.

Sort of like the "tears" that Phantom Limb leaves on Dr. Girlfriend's "Queen Etheria" costume on The Venture Brothers?

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Kid_A

KingBroly wrote:

No, he doesn't explode into flames. He gets dropped into a enormous vat of them and slowly burns to death.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

irken004

Kid_A wrote:

KingBroly wrote:

No, he doesn't explode into flames. He gets dropped into a enormous vat of them and slowly burns to death.

But he does return as Dry Bowser sometimes. D:

romulux

Kid_A wrote:

KingBroly wrote:

a death super metroid did the right way with crocomire. can you imagine that happening to bowser in the next game, with mario and luigi looking on in horror at what they've done? i can. easily.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Gamesake

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

genetic engineering has it's limits.

Space colonization has its limits, too, and Metroid exceeds them regularly. I wouldn't worry so much; it's within the science-fiction jurisdiction of the series, and it's not the most preposterous thing that Metroid wants us to believe.

It doesn't matter that much to me, but a few people think Other M deserved a higher score. I think most of the reviews were generous. The bastardization of Samus wasn't the only thing goofy about this game. Other M's story doesn't just exceed science, it ignores it and then replaces it with nonsense. You really have to turn your brain off to stomach the whole thing. By the end of my 10 hour play through I wouldn't have been surprised if Samus had met a genie inside the bottle ship.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

retired_account

If you're referring to the regeneration thing, they regenerated dinosaurs similarly in Jurassic Park.

Maybe they mixed Metroid DNA with Polar Bear DNA. Result? Unfreezable Metroids!

retired_account

Leonzable

Ridley is a furby.

"WE ARE THE FATHERZZZZZZZZZZZZZ JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA"
-some random guy online

lockelocke

Kid_A wrote:

Convoluted? Yes. Ridiculous? Obviously. But it's a videogame, and I don't care.

thank you. i'm pretty shocked at the level of criticism of Other M's "plot holes" and "disregard for science"
if it bugs you, that's fair, but I don't understand it myself. convoluted and ridiculous plots are pretty much a staple of video games.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

SpentAllMyTokens

lockelocke wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

thank you. i'm pretty shocked at the level of criticism of Other M's "plot holes" and "disregard for science"
if it bugs you, that's fair, but I don't understand it myself. convoluted and ridiculous plots are pretty much a staple of video games.

Yeah, I've played videogames before. Nonsensical is pretty standard. I think everyone was hoping that Other M would do something to progress videogame story telling and were bummed when it didn't.

@Pixelman
I read the article. Good to see that people graduating with useless English majors are able to find jobs somewhere. It's like a bad literary criticism paper written for a high school class.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Gamesake

lockelocke wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

thank you. i'm pretty shocked at the level of criticism of Other M's plot holes and disregard for science

Yeah but when your game is 10 hours long and loaded with cut scenes the story is sort of all you've got.

I think no story is more the staple of video games. I've liked the convoluted and ridiculous stories by Suda 51 and Hideo Kojima because they were good, but Yoshio Sakamoto needs a ghostwriter. He could also discover that when it comes to a video game story sometimes less really is more.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

lockelocke

Gamesake wrote:

when it comes to a video game story sometimes less really is more.

that. I agree with that.

yeah, Other M's story was far from great, and the game did put a large emphasis on it. it definitely set out to achieve a goal, and failed at it. but I see this all the time. the stories in the recent Resident Evil games are terrible, and they're getting super convoluted. Perfect example of less is more. It was better when I knew less about Umbrella and Wesker, and the origins of the virus. I get it. Umbrella is a semi-evil power hungry corporation that has been experimenting with biological weapons and OOPS! they made zombies. What else do I have to know? I'm fine with STARS, Umbrella, T-Virus. Those 3 things are all I need. And I get that people felt the same way about Metroid. Like, Samus is a bounty hunter, she works with the Federation, and fights Space Pirates and Metroids. End of story. So I get it, the story sucks. We didn't need it. But this is far from the first video game to have its story butchered when it didn't need to be.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

romulux

other m's story doesn't really focus on the things that are bothering people. it's about samus losing her father figure to a corrupt military, a story i think it tells decently well. if you want to scoff at the idea of unfreezable metroids or physics bending then any metroid game is guilty of the same. on the subject of metal gear, why not complain about how absurd it is that a shirtless bisexual vampire is running around, or any other ridiculous and inexplicable thing seen in those games?

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

kkslider5552000

People who complain about Other M's story but praise MGS's are hilarious.

"NO ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT HAPPENED IN THE STORY BUT I'LL PRETEND I DID TO SEEM INTELLIGENT!"

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

nothankyou

Here's Other M in a nutshell:

THE EVIL FURBY IS BABY RIDLEY
THE END

nothankyou

kkslider5552000

SpriteKing wrote:

Here's Other M in a nutshell:

THE EVIL FURBY IS BABY RIDLEY
THE END

Yes a specific briefly mentioned plot twist is Other M in a nutshell.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Gamesake

romulux wrote:

other m's story doesn't really focus on the things that are bothering people. it's about samus losing her father figure to a corrupt military, a story i think it tells decently well. if you want to scoff at the idea of unfreezable metroids or physics bending then any metroid game is guilty of the same. on the subject of metal gear, why not complain about how absurd it is that a shirtless bisexual vampire is running around, or any other ridiculous and inexplicable thing seen in those games?

I scoff at the corrupt military too. Why did they decide to make the GF evil all of a sudden in Other M? And why does Samus work along side them after all this in Metroid Fusion?

I'd like to forget about Sons of Liberty. They can't all be great games.-Why didn't Raiden ever notice his girlfriend was a computer program? "Honey I'm... huh?" I won't try to pick Metal Gear apart since this is a Metroid thread and because things in Metal Gear are supernatural, and they can't be explained. Metroid has supernatural moments too and I let it slide. Like when "the baby" dies and bestows on Samus the hyper beam along with it's entrails. That would be totally ridiculous to me except people do believe in adrenaline or a second wind being able to trigger seemingly superhuman acts under emotional distress.

...in my pants.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.