Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Thread of SPOILERS

Showing 321 to 340 of 393

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

321. Posted:

Adam lost his communicator, if you remember.

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

pixelman

322. Posted:

Oh, I don't actually. Why was he getting a video feed then?

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

323. Posted:

I still think Adam is still alive.
I'm like... 95% sure that we never actually see Sector Zero blow up.
And even if Sector Zero was destroyed, there's no way to know that he didn't get out using an escape pod or something.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

romulux

324. Posted:

because it was his communicator that broke, not samus'.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

325. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

I'm like... 95% sure that we never actually see Sector Zero blow up.
And even if Sector Zero was destroyed, there's no way to know that he didn't get out using an escape pod or something.

There was an explosion in the distance. Sector Zero blew up.

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

326. Posted:

KingBroly wrote:

Adam sacrifices himself because he thinks MB and unfreezable Metroids are inside Sector 0

How do you make something unfreezable anyway? Did they breed mammoths with metroids? I would've loved to have seen a woolly metroid.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Link-Hero

327. Posted:

@Gamesake

Umm, did you even pay attention to any of the cutscenes? Adam said that they were genetically enhanced so they wouldn't be affected by freezing temperatures.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

328. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

KingBroly wrote:

Adam sacrifices himself because he thinks MB and unfreezable Metroids are inside Sector 0

How do you make something unfreezable anyway? Did they breed mammoths with metroids? I would've loved to have seen a woolly metroid.

Nanomachines!

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

329. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Link-Hero wrote:

Adam said that they were genetically enhanced so they wouldn't be affected by freezing temperatures.

@Link-Hero I know what he said but genetic engineering has it's limits. You can make a cow produce more milk, modify pigs to provide replacement organs for human patients, and cloning is possible too but making something immune to freezing at extreme cold temperatures isn't very feasible. They might as well make a metroid that could excrete a cure for cancer.

Whereas cross breeding animals to better survive in cold climates already has an adorable precedent in nature.Untitled

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

330. Posted:

Well, in the Metroid universe they've...

• Cloned Metroids, Ridley
  • Cured the X-Virus (sorta like cancer) with Metroid DNA cross-enhancements
  • Figured a way to blow up their own facilities/planets whenever necessary

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

331. Posted:

@KingBroly: Ridley's never been cloned...

@NotEnoughGolds: Regarding Adam not being dead--have you played Metroid Fusion? If not, you need to...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

332. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@KingBroly: Ridley's never been cloned...

@NotEnoughGolds: Regarding Adam not being dead--have you played Metroid Fusion? If not, you need to...

Is there some definitive proof?
As far as I know, Fusion immediately follows Other M. It could just be that Samus (possibly the entire GF as well) still thinks that he is dead.
Wasn't Ridley secretly cloned by the Galactic Federation scientists on the Bottle Ship, using DNA found on Samus' armor, which seemingly landed on her when Ridley exploded back in Super Metroid?

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

333. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Well if he really is dead I'm sure the GF will clone him up good as new after they scrub the Malkovich particles off of Samus next time.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

334. Posted:

Nah, from his helmet that she got.

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

335. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

@Link-Hero I know what he said but genetic engineering has it's limits.

Space colonization has its limits, too, and Metroid exceeds them regularly. I wouldn't worry so much; it's within the science-fiction jurisdiction of the series, and it's not the most preposterous thing that Metroid wants us to believe.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Issun

336. Posted:

KingBroly wrote:

Nah, from his helmet that she got.

Why do I have the very strange feeling that you're on to something ?

Waffle !

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

337. Posted:

Uh...not really...

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

romulux

338. Posted:

here's my theory. even though there's no evidence of it and the game clearly assigns the blame to james, i think the deleter was a terminator robot. sent back in time to destroy samus conner. and even though his brain was uploaded to a computer in fusion, i think adam is still alive and probably just let them borrow his brain for a while to fool everyone into thinking he was dead for no reason. whatsoever. also, i think anthony higgs was ridley.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

339. Posted:

romulux wrote:

also, i think anthony higgs was ridley.

FINALLY someone agrees with me.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

340. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Ridley's never been cloned...

Actually, he has. Here's how it goes, according to Wikitroid:

• Metroid/Zero Mission: He is defeated, not killed. A robot modeled after him is the final boss of Zero Mission.
  • Metroid Prime: He is fitted with cybernetic enhancements. Once again, he is defeated, not killed. He survives the fall from that temple area.
  • Metroid Prime 3: The disintegration of Ridley was never shown, unlike those of other Leviathan Guardians. Therefore, he survives. Again.
  • Super Metroid: He is purely organic in this game, though how is unknown. He explodes along with the rest of Planet Zebes. This is the true death of the original Ridley.
  • Metroid Other M: Ridley is cloned by the Feds by using the particles that appeared on Samus's suit. He then evolves from the "Little Birdie" to the furry lizard creature to Ridley's final form. He is defeated by Samus, but escapes, only to be "killed" by the Queen Metroid. The Federation takes his corpse away to BSL.
  • Metroid Fusion: Ridley's corpse is infected by the X-Parasite, turning him into Ridley X, or Neo Ridley. He is defeated and presumably killed by Samus.

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery