Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Thread of SPOILERS

Posts 321 to 340 of 391

retired_account

Oh, I don't actually. Why was he getting a video feed then?

retired_account

NotEnoughGolds

I still think Adam is still alive.
I'm like... 95% sure that we never actually see Sector Zero blow up.
And even if Sector Zero was destroyed, there's no way to know that he didn't get out using an escape pod or something.

NotEnoughGolds

romulux

because it was his communicator that broke, not samus'.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

KingBroly

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

I'm like... 95% sure that we never actually see Sector Zero blow up.
And even if Sector Zero was destroyed, there's no way to know that he didn't get out using an escape pod or something.

There was an explosion in the distance. Sector Zero blew up.

KingBroly

Gamesake

KingBroly wrote:

Adam sacrifices himself because he thinks MB and unfreezable Metroids are inside Sector 0

How do you make something unfreezable anyway? Did they breed mammoths with metroids? I would've loved to have seen a woolly metroid.

...in my pants.

KingBroly

Gamesake wrote:

KingBroly wrote:

Adam sacrifices himself because he thinks MB and unfreezable Metroids are inside Sector 0

How do you make something unfreezable anyway? Did they breed mammoths with metroids? I would've loved to have seen a woolly metroid.

Nanomachines!

KingBroly

Gamesake

Gamesake wrote:

Link-Hero wrote:

Adam said that they were genetically enhanced so they wouldn't be affected by freezing temperatures.

@Link-Hero I know what he said but genetic engineering has it's limits. You can make a cow produce more milk, modify pigs to provide replacement organs for human patients, and cloning is possible too but making something immune to freezing at extreme cold temperatures isn't very feasible. They might as well make a metroid that could excrete a cure for cancer.

Whereas cross breeding animals to better survive in cold climates already has an adorable precedent in nature.Untitled

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

KingBroly

Well, in the Metroid universe they've...

• Cloned Metroids, Ridley
  • Cured the X-Virus (sorta like cancer) with Metroid DNA cross-enhancements
  • Figured a way to blow up their own facilities/planets whenever necessary

KingBroly

Deviant_Mugen

@KingBroly: Ridley's never been cloned...

@NotEnoughGolds: Regarding Adam not being dead--have you played Metroid Fusion? If not, you need to...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

NotEnoughGolds

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@KingBroly: Ridley's never been cloned...

@NotEnoughGolds: Regarding Adam not being dead--have you played Metroid Fusion? If not, you need to...

Is there some definitive proof?
As far as I know, Fusion immediately follows Other M. It could just be that Samus (possibly the entire GF as well) still thinks that he is dead.
Wasn't Ridley secretly cloned by the Galactic Federation scientists on the Bottle Ship, using DNA found on Samus' armor, which seemingly landed on her when Ridley exploded back in Super Metroid?

NotEnoughGolds

Gamesake

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Well if he really is dead I'm sure the GF will clone him up good as new after they scrub the Malkovich particles off of Samus next time.

...in my pants.

KingBroly

Nah, from his helmet that she got.

KingBroly

Philip_J_Reed

Gamesake wrote:

@Link-Hero I know what he said but genetic engineering has it's limits.

Space colonization has its limits, too, and Metroid exceeds them regularly. I wouldn't worry so much; it's within the science-fiction jurisdiction of the series, and it's not the most preposterous thing that Metroid wants us to believe.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Issun

KingBroly wrote:

Nah, from his helmet that she got.

Why do I have the very strange feeling that you're on to something ?

Waffle !

romulux

here's my theory. even though there's no evidence of it and the game clearly assigns the blame to james, i think the deleter was a terminator robot. sent back in time to destroy samus conner. and even though his brain was uploaded to a computer in fusion, i think adam is still alive and probably just let them borrow his brain for a while to fool everyone into thinking he was dead for no reason. whatsoever. also, i think anthony higgs was ridley.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Kid_A

romulux wrote:

also, i think anthony higgs was ridley.

FINALLY someone agrees with me.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Bassman_Q

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Ridley's never been cloned...

Actually, he has. Here's how it goes, according to Wikitroid:

• Metroid/Zero Mission: He is defeated, not killed. A robot modeled after him is the final boss of Zero Mission.
  • Metroid Prime: He is fitted with cybernetic enhancements. Once again, he is defeated, not killed. He survives the fall from that temple area.
  • Metroid Prime 3: The disintegration of Ridley was never shown, unlike those of other Leviathan Guardians. Therefore, he survives. Again.
  • Super Metroid: He is purely organic in this game, though how is unknown. He explodes along with the rest of Planet Zebes. This is the true death of the original Ridley.
  • Metroid Other M: Ridley is cloned by the Feds by using the particles that appeared on Samus's suit. He then evolves from the "Little Birdie" to the furry lizard creature to Ridley's final form. He is defeated by Samus, but escapes, only to be "killed" by the Queen Metroid. The Federation takes his corpse away to BSL.
  • Metroid Fusion: Ridley's corpse is infected by the X-Parasite, turning him into Ridley X, or Neo Ridley. He is defeated and presumably killed by Samus.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Kid_A

Qwikman & Bass wrote:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Ridley's never been cloned...

Actually, he has. Here's how it goes, according to Wikitroid:

• Metroid/Zero Mission: He is defeated, not killed. A robot modeled after him is the final boss of Zero Mission.
  • Metroid Prime: He is fitted with cybernetic enhancements. Once again, he is defeated, not killed. He survives the fall from that temple area.
  • Metroid Prime 3: The disintegration of Ridley was never shown, unlike those of other Leviathan Guardians. Therefore, he survives. Again.
  • Super Metroid: He is purely organic in this game, though how is unknown. He explodes along with the rest of Planet Zebes. This is the true death of the original Ridley.
  • Metroid Other M: Ridley is cloned by the Feds by using the particles that appeared on Samus's suit. He then evolves from the "Little Birdie" to the furry lizard creature to Ridley's final form. He is defeated by Samus, but escapes, only to be "killed" by the Queen Metroid. The Federation takes his corpse away to BSL.
  • Metroid Fusion: Ridley's corpse is infected by the X-Parasite, turning him into Ridley X, or Neo Ridley. He is defeated and presumably killed by Samus.

Seems to add up to me. Convoluted? Yes. Ridiculous? Obviously. But it's a videogame, and I don't care.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

irken004

I always viewed Ridley as the "Bowser" of Metroid. The b&^% never seems to die...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.