Forums

Topic: Epic Mickey Early Review(s)

Posts 181 to 200 of 212

Gamer83

I just got to Tomorrow City, haven't started up yet so I can't comment on it but I have heard people say they had issues with this part of the game being too dark to see what's going on. And some of my friends had problems with GE and CoD Black Ops as well. I never did but I'm just wondering if maybe that's because I play Wii games on a standard def. tv rather than an HD one.

I just hope I don't have similar problems with Tomorrow City because what I've played of the game so far has been very good. I really enjoyed playing through Mickeyjunk Mountain.

Gamer83

Z_Bone

Well it's good to hear that Ventureland is brighter. I don't know what has been the trend with visually dark games lately. The only way I could get through some parts of GoldenEye were because they had a map and objective marker you can follow. I had serious trouble in certain parts of Metroid: Other M as well. I mean, there are ways to make an area look dark without making everything black.

Yeah NintyFan, I had no idea how to get to air ride. I just wanted to get out of there. On the other hand though, the boss fight against Petetronic was awesome. They really should have used the cool neon bright visuals of that boss battle throughout the whole Tomorrow City.

Do the Mario!

SkullMan

Man does the camera suck. I've never been so frustrated with broken gameplay mechanics. It never wants to show me the ground, I can't see platforms when I jump, I can't center the camera behind me when a wall is behind me, moving the camera and aiming is a chore.

This would have been a stellar game if they camera wasn't ripped out of a 17 year old PSX game.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Z_Bone

And more than half the time I want to look in first person, it won't let me. Thanks Warren.

Do the Mario!

suburban_sensei

I got this game just after Christmas with a Best Buy gift card (it was for $40, and the game was on sale for $40, so I paid a whopping 2 bucks for the game!). That aside, this game is GREAT, and I am loving the heck out of it, much more than I thought I would. Sure the camera is a bit troublesome at times, and the paint doesn't always shoot right where I want it, but those are minor gripes. I am a huge fan of old-school Disney, so I love the throwback 2-D levels and the art in the game (especially in those cartoon cutscenes). If you are a Disney fan of any sort, this game needs to be in your collection, platformer fans in general should at least rent it.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Z_Bone

I just looked through the strategy guide at Wal-Mart....All the screens are as bright as can be. Even in tomorrow city everything is bright in their pictures and you can see everything. They probably had to brighten them somehow, because if they showed what the game really looked like, you wouldn't be able to see what was in the pictures. It kind of made me mad, since that's not how the game looks but it should look that way. Maybe if I was playing on a newer TV where I could crank up the brightness to insane levels it would look better. But I'm playing on an old Zenith and I don't have the remote to it so I can't adjust it's brightness. But I shouldn't have to.

Do the Mario!

Z_Bone

What do you get from all the pins? Is that how you unlock the concept art and stuff? Also, does anyone know how many endings this game has? Does it have just a good one and a bad one, or are there more than that?

Do the Mario!

kkslider5552000

This game is basically the closest we'll ever get to a new Banjo Kazooie game meethinks (Nuts and Bolts never happened).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kid_A

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This game is basically the closest we'll ever get to a new Banjo Kazooie game meethinks (Nuts and Bolts never happened).

Not to start a war or anything, but Nuts and Bolts did happen and it was a spectacular game.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

CanisWolfred

Kid_A wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Not to start a war or anything, but Nuts and Bolts did happen and it was a spectacular game.

Agreed...sort of. It's great in its own way.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Z_Bone

Nuts and Bolts might be a good game but it's not a good Banjo Kazooie game.

Do the Mario!

Tasuki

Well I just ordered it from Amazon for $30. Should be getting it in a few days. Not sure how it will be but for 30 buck I will give it a shot. I have been wanting to play it anyways.

BTW the $30 sale is for today only (1/18)

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SkullMan

Heck yeah I could jump to that platform if I could see it, but damn you camera...you suck.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

kkslider5552000

Well I'm dissappointed. The camera kinda sucks. But the thing that really hurts the game is that it isn't a quick enough game and despite the paint/thinner gimmick making it seem like it would be obvious, it is way too difficult to figure out exactly where you can jump. The stuff that looks like platforms you can't get onto...unless you can. Sometimes. It's very odd.

SphericalCrusher

Bought this game last Saturday. I love it. I admit, it has camera angle issues from time to time, but what game doesn't? I've been trying to do every quest I come in contact with.

Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0223-8931 | Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter:

SkullMan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Well I'm dissappointed. The camera kinda sucks. But the thing that really hurts the game is that it isn't a quick enough game and despite the paint/thinner gimmick making it seem like it would be obvious, it is way too difficult to figure out exactly where you can jump. The stuff that looks like platforms you can't get onto...unless you can. Sometimes. It's very odd.

How can you be disappointed, everyone said the camera sucked. It's not like it was a unpleasant surprise.

kkslider5552000

SkullMan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

How can you be disappointed, everyone said the camera sucked. It's not like it was a unpleasant surprise.

I'm so used to complaints being hilarious hyperbole on the internet and assumed this was the same. No, it's somehow worse than any game I played on N64.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.