Wii Forum

Topic: Epic Mickey Early Review(s)

Showing 161 to 180 of 228

AuthorMessage

DF2506

161. Posted:

I disagree about the 2D levels being boring. I think they are a lot of fun. I even like the ones that I have to go through several times. I've been through Thru the Mirror a few times now and it never gets old. The level design is just so cool! Plus, hey, they're short and at least the ones you have to go through a lot, like Thru the Mirror, are not that hard. Whew. Oh What a Knight was the hardest one so far! Wow. Especially trying to get that film reel...

I just got to Tomorrow City, but I haven't opened the door yet. So I have not seen the tron suit guys...

I have gotten the Oswald cartoon and I just watched it today. Very neat. I'm looking forward to unlocking the other toon.

I think my favorite level so far is MickeyJunk Mountain. That was awesome. I'm not sure which 2D level is my favorite. I like them all so far. Yes, even Oh what a knight. lol.

Anyway, the game just gets better and better. I can't wait to see what happens next!

DF2506

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan96

162. Posted:

If there's something I'm dissapointed in, it's that you can only unlock TWO real cartoons. I was expecting a few more than that.....

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

TheChosen

163. Posted:

Yeah, its a bit disappointing, but at least lot of these cartoons are on Youtube.

And yeah, this game makes me want to watch all of them, just so I can get all the references and know the characters.

Stop the hate today and learn to love games!
Help me to fight my huge backlog of games!

AuthorMessage

LEGEND_MARIOID

164. Posted:

I s'pose its "epic" in the sense you can spend say 12-15 hours on the game and still not really experience everything in the game.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

165. Posted:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

If there's something I'm dissapointed in, it's that you can only unlock TWO real cartoons. I was expecting a few more than that.....

Yeah I was really bummed about that. It'd be neat if you could unlock every cartoon that's referenced in the 2D levels, but I suppose that would have been a lot to ask, especially knowing how stingy Disney is with royalties.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

she_gamer

166. Posted:

I was just looking at the reviews on Metacritic, and I don't think I've ever seen a game with such a wide range of scores. I'm about 2 hours into it, and I'm still not sure what to make of it. I think I like it... but not enough to buy... hmmm.

she_gamer

AuthorMessage

DF2506

167. Posted:

Tommorrow City was cool. And that boss battle! Whoa. And I thought Oh What a Knight was hard...lol.

I'm in Ventureland now. Its very cool. Haven't seen the jungle section yet. Looking forward to it.

Oh and I unlocked the second cartoon. I have not watched it yet though. Also, I know it says there are only two cartoons...but what about those blank spots in the Cartoon menu? It looks like there's room for more toons...

This game is so much fun. You just never know whats around the next corner.

DF2506

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

168. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

There are a few homages to more recent Disney affairs, but they're pretty minor. You're not going to see any Lion King or Princess and the Frog in there. This is mostly because the whole story revolves around "forgotten" Disney characters. The more recent stuff is too...well, recent to be "forgotten," you know?

I was expecting to see less forgotten Disney ideas and more never before seen concepts out of Walt's waste basket. In other words, more new content.

Um, why? From the very beginning, Junction Point has said exactly what Wasteland was going to be: a land that Oswald created for forgotten Disney characters.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

169. Posted:

Yes, they have been saying exactly what Wasteland was going to be: including Oswald, other forgotten characters, twisted Disney rides, and animatronics, but Warren also mentions the use of Walt Disney's rejected material.
Like in this old, old, old video preview at 3:35.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNcQhdBVGM
Over the last 80 years I'd expect there to be tons of rejected ideas buried somewhere. I was hoping to see a lot more of that rejected creativity in Epic Mickey.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Popyman

170. Posted:

^ There still is a bunch of unseen stuff in Epic Mickey, it just isn't the focus. BUT, the gremlins play a large role and they were rejected ideas so there's that.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

171. Posted:

From another topic:

breegullblaster wrote:

is epic mickey too hard for a ten year old?

my kid really wants this game for x-mas but i hate buying him platformers because he always gives up a couple of hours into them. he is actually very good at fighting and racing games, but terrible at platformers. he really wants it though so what do you guys who have played it think?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

brandonbwii

172. Posted:

Epic Mickey is getting a bad rep. I agree with most flaws that sites talk about, sloppy controls, poor camera etc. The side quest, story and exploration aspect makes up for many of its faults imo. Still one of the top Wii games of the year. I am a bit biased as I've loved 3D platformers since the N64 era, so camera problems don't really bother me.

Edited on by brandonbwii

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

173. Posted:

Oh yeah: this game is like a 10 year old's dream come true. This is exactly the sort of game I loved playing when I was 10, and I know I would have really fallen for this one. I say buy! :)

AuthorMessage

DF2506

174. Posted:

I beat Epic Mickey recently. Great game imo. Enjoyed it alot. I've already started a second playthrough and I plan to go all thinner on everything this time (well for the most part) ! :)

Can't wait to play more of this game. I have a feeling that there's still a lot of stuff I haven't found.

DF2506

AuthorMessage

nintendonerd0011

175. Posted:

I just beat Epic Mickey today, and have to say that I ended up liking the game A LOT more than I thought I would, considering that I wasn't very fond of it at the beginning.
My main complaint isn't the camera like most people (although it certainly could be better), it's the fact that you can't go back into rooms/levels after you go into the next area, and the game auto saves for you! This causes you to miss things by accidentally going forward. Pretty bad design IMO. They really should have let you visit areas again, or not had an auto save feature, so if you accidentally progressed you could just reset your game and go back to where you left off. This caused me to miss 1 piece from each of the robots, so I have no clue what they would have given me had I have been able to fix them. I know I could have saved E Tickets and bough the pieces, but they are over 1,000 tickets each!

nintendonerd0011

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan96

176. Posted:

I think the constant auto-saving is so that you can't change any of your decisions, since this game is all about "choice." From that standpoint I do believe it was a good design choice.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

177. Posted:

Camera wasn't my friend on the last fight, but other than that and the expired quests I like the game :)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Popyman

178. Posted:

Just got it for Christmas! It's just as amazing as I thought it would be, all you haters are crazy. =P

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

179. Posted:

I got it for Christmas and played to Tommorrow City, and I can say that I love Epic Mickey just as much as I knew I would! The worlds are my favorite part about it, they entrall me and make me want to explore them to look for any easter eggs that I could spot. The camera's not absolutely wonderful, but it's not absolutely horrible either. In fact, it hardly bothers me at all. I guess it must be those years of playing Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie that made me not mind it. Epic Mickey definitely does feel like it took some pointers from those two, especially the latter.

The fetch quests, while problematic to some, bothered me even less. Sure, I think they pile up quests on you, but the pace really didn't drag for me. If it did, I chose to stick around and complete it and not move on, which I didn't do. The paint and thinner mechanic is very well done, as is the "playstyle matters" idea. Fighting enemies can be intense, and the Clocktower boss that I fought so far shows me how the boss battles will really be something. And the 2D levels, while short, are sweet if you're a Disney fan. So far so good!

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

180. Posted:

Got the game for Christmas and have been playing it quite a bit. It's definitely a fun game but I do agree with the complaints about the camera. It's not a game breaking issue but in 2010 I expect something better than what we have. Controls aren't perfect but the get the job done. On the plus for the game, the story is great, I'm a big fan of classic Disney so a game like this which has so much of that stuff really appeals to me. And the graphics are excellent. I'd say it's one of the best looking games on any console.

Gamer83