Forums

Topic: Epic Mickey Early Review(s)

Posts 161 to 180 of 212

she_gamer

I was just looking at the reviews on Metacritic, and I don't think I've ever seen a game with such a wide range of scores. I'm about 2 hours into it, and I'm still not sure what to make of it. I think I like it... but not enough to buy... hmmm.

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

DF2506

Tommorrow City was cool. And that boss battle! Whoa. And I thought Oh What a Knight was hard...lol.

I'm in Ventureland now. Its very cool. Haven't seen the jungle section yet. Looking forward to it.

Oh and I unlocked the second cartoon. I have not watched it yet though. Also, I know it says there are only two cartoons...but what about those blank spots in the Cartoon menu? It looks like there's room for more toons...

This game is so much fun. You just never know whats around the next corner.

DF2506

Kid_A

Gamesake wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

There are a few homages to more recent Disney affairs, but they're pretty minor. You're not going to see any Lion King or Princess and the Frog in there. This is mostly because the whole story revolves around "forgotten" Disney characters. The more recent stuff is too...well, recent to be "forgotten," you know?

I was expecting to see less forgotten Disney ideas and more never before seen concepts out of Walt's waste basket. In other words, more new content.

Um, why? From the very beginning, Junction Point has said exactly what Wasteland was going to be: a land that Oswald created for forgotten Disney characters.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Gamesake

Yes, they have been saying exactly what Wasteland was going to be: including Oswald, other forgotten characters, twisted Disney rides, and animatronics, but Warren also mentions the use of Walt Disney's rejected material.
Like in this old, old, old video preview at 3:35.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNcQhdBVGM
Over the last 80 years I'd expect there to be tons of rejected ideas buried somewhere. I was hoping to see a lot more of that rejected creativity in Epic Mickey.

...in my pants.

Popyman

^ There still is a bunch of unseen stuff in Epic Mickey, it just isn't the focus. BUT, the gremlins play a large role and they were rejected ideas so there's that.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

CanisWolfred

From another topic:

breegullblaster wrote:

is epic mickey too hard for a ten year old?

my kid really wants this game for x-mas but i hate buying him platformers because he always gives up a couple of hours into them. he is actually very good at fighting and racing games, but terrible at platformers. he really wants it though so what do you guys who have played it think?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

brandonbwii

Epic Mickey is getting a bad rep. I agree with most flaws that sites talk about, sloppy controls, poor camera etc. The side quest, story and exploration aspect makes up for many of its faults imo. Still one of the top Wii games of the year. I am a bit biased as I've loved 3D platformers since the N64 era, so camera problems don't really bother me.

Edited on by brandonbwii

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

Kid_A

Oh yeah: this game is like a 10 year old's dream come true. This is exactly the sort of game I loved playing when I was 10, and I know I would have really fallen for this one. I say buy!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

DF2506

I beat Epic Mickey recently. Great game imo. Enjoyed it alot. I've already started a second playthrough and I plan to go all thinner on everything this time (well for the most part) !

Can't wait to play more of this game. I have a feeling that there's still a lot of stuff I haven't found.

DF2506

nintendonerd0011

I just beat Epic Mickey today, and have to say that I ended up liking the game A LOT more than I thought I would, considering that I wasn't very fond of it at the beginning.
My main complaint isn't the camera like most people (although it certainly could be better), it's the fact that you can't go back into rooms/levels after you go into the next area, and the game auto saves for you! This causes you to miss things by accidentally going forward. Pretty bad design IMO. They really should have let you visit areas again, or not had an auto save feature, so if you accidentally progressed you could just reset your game and go back to where you left off. This caused me to miss 1 piece from each of the robots, so I have no clue what they would have given me had I have been able to fix them. I know I could have saved E Tickets and bough the pieces, but they are over 1,000 tickets each!

nintendonerd0011

SuperMarioFan96

I think the constant auto-saving is so that you can't change any of your decisions, since this game is all about "choice." From that standpoint I do believe it was a good design choice.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

LzWinky

Camera wasn't my friend on the last fight, but other than that and the expired quests I like the game

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Popyman

Just got it for Christmas! It's just as amazing as I thought it would be, all you haters are crazy. =P

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Gamer83

Got the game for Christmas and have been playing it quite a bit. It's definitely a fun game but I do agree with the complaints about the camera. It's not a game breaking issue but in 2010 I expect something better than what we have. Controls aren't perfect but the get the job done. On the plus for the game, the story is great, I'm a big fan of classic Disney so a game like this which has so much of that stuff really appeals to me. And the graphics are excellent. I'd say it's one of the best looking games on any console.

Gamer83

Z_Bone

I've been playing the game for over an hour and my initial impressions are mixed. While I like the paint/paint thinner mechanics and the old school feeling of the game, the qualms about the camera are no joke. Seriously, I've never played a game with such a bad camera. Nintendo did a MUCH better job with the camera on their N64 games! Spector can say whatever he wants, but constantly wrestling with the camera is ridiculous in this day and age. It's the kind of camera you would expect from an N64 cash in title where someone took a crap in a box. Other than the camera, I don't like how visually dark the game is. I want to SEE what I'm playing. Hello. I do like the 2D levels though. So far, I'm happy I'm borrowing this game.

Do the Mario!

LEGEND_MARIOID

Still playing it, very good....

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

Z_Bone

Camera issues aside, I really am enjoying this game. I like all the choices you can make that affect the game in different ways and it is full of Disney history, which is great.

@ NintyFan, The game must be fairly short if you are already on your third play through and you got it for Christmas. Either that or you've been playing it 24/7.

Edited on by Z_Bone

Do the Mario!

LzWinky

The game took me 20 hours to beat it with only some of the quests

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Z_Bone

Yeah, Ninty, I noticed that the first time (which was earlier today). Pretty cool little easter eggs. The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse on the SNES is my favorite Mickey game. I used to love playing that game.

Do the Mario!

Z_Bone

Grrr. I just played through Tomorrow Town or whatever it's called. A really frustrating time. The camera I can deal with, but not being able to see what I'm doing because the only color Warren Spector knows is black is about to make me quit playing this game for good. I can't tell you how many times I've walked right off a cliff and died because this game is so dark. Or it will take me ten times longer than it should to complete a simple task because I can't see the things I'm supposed to interact with. Combine mediocre platforming with a shoddy camera and worst of all visuals so dark that I can't tell where to jump and you get Epic Mickey.

Every time I play this game I wonder how awesome it would have been if Nintendo made it. I love the concept but the execution is riddled with frustration and tedium.

Do the Mario!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.