Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 241 to 260 of 776

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

New Hardware to soon would scare 3rd Parties away even more

Not if it offers more than what the PS4/One can do.

DefHalan wrote:

and saying there isn't anything the Wii U can't do that can't be done with a new console is a good point to keep the Wii U.

Not really. When they've exhausted the system's potential it bores the consumer. What would they even come out with to fill over 2 years?

DefHalan wrote:

What could Nintendo do with a new system that can't be done on the Wii U? Better looking visuals that increase development time and game budgets even higher?

QoL. Greater interaction between handheld and console games, something along those lines. Or they could surprise us with something else they haven't mentioned.

DefHalan wrote:

They finally got use to the time and money it takes for Wii U development, I don't think running back to that problem is a good idea.

No they haven't. They keep having to juggle 3DS and Wii U development cycles, and we've seen the result of that. Next gen is actually solving that with a merged architecture which allows them to release games quicker.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

New Hardware to soon would scare 3rd Parties away even more

Not if it offers more than what the PS4/One can do.

Seeing as how their games don't sell on Nintendo hardware why would they be interested in a machine with a smaller install base?

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

and saying there isn't anything the Wii U can't do that can't be done with a new console is a good point to keep the Wii U.

Not really. When they've exhausted the system's potential it bores the consumer. What would they even come out with to fill over 2 years?

They haven't exhausted the Wii U's potential. Then general consensus is that they still haven't used the GamePad to its full potential. We have no evidence that the Wii U hardware has been pushed to its limits either.

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

What could Nintendo do with a new system that can't be done on the Wii U? Better looking visuals that increase development time and game budgets even higher?

QoL. Greater interaction between handheld and console games, something along those lines. Or they could surprise us with something else they haven't mentioned.

QoL is adding another pillar to Nintendo's business, not going to be something that heavily relies on games. They can already do lots of interaction between the handheld and console games. Nintendo is good at surprises.

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

They finally got use to the time and money it takes for Wii U development, I don't think running back to that problem is a good idea.

No they haven't. They keep having to juggle 3DS and Wii U development cycles, and we've seen the result of that. Next gen is actually solving that with a merged architecture which allows them to release games quicker.

The merged systems is a rumor. At this point I can't see that working out as a lot of people have pointed out it would cause a lot of problems. Having to develop games for two systems is not a weakness, it is a strength. Not many companies can support two systems with unique and exclusives games as much as Nintendo can. While mixing the two would cause more games for 1 system, it also causes the problem of if that system fails they can't rely on another. The Wii U is fine until 2017.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

They haven't exhausted the Wii U's potential. Then general consensus is that they still haven't used the GamePad to its full potential. We have no evidence that the Wii U hardware has been pushed to its limits either.

They haven't done much with the Gamepad because there's not much to be done with it in the first place.

And you still haven't answered my question, what would they do to fill out the next few years.

DefHalan wrote:

QoL is adding another pillar to Nintendo's business, not going to be something that heavily relies on games.

Well it's going to be used for something, it sends data to the consoles.

DefHalan wrote:

Nintendo is good at surprises.

Not this gen.

DefHalan wrote:

The merged systems is a rumor. At this point I can't see that working out as a lot of people have pointed out it would cause a lot of problems. Having to develop games for two systems is not a weakness, it is a strength. Not many companies can support two systems with unique and exclusives games as much as Nintendo can. While mixing the two would cause more games for 1 system, it also causes the problem of if that system fails they can't rely on another. The Wii U is fine until 2017.

I'm not talking about merged systems. Nintendo themselves confirmed that they're working on a merged architecture/OS for both the console and handheld so that they can release games for both (this was back in the investor's meeting a year ago).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

They haven't done much with the Gamepad because there's not much to be done with it in the first place.

And you still haven't answered my question, what would they do to fill out the next few years.

There is plenty they can do with the GamePad. This year we are seeing Zelda, Star Fox, and Splatoon. Next year could easily have Metroid, Animal Crossing, and Punch Out.

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

QoL is adding another pillar to Nintendo's business, not going to be something that heavily relies on games.

Well it's going to be used for something, it sends data to the consoles.

Yes but QoL is not the next generation Nintendo System. Wii U has plenty of wireless comunications that QoL devices could connect to it.

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Nintendo is good at surprises.

Not this gen.

You weren't surprised by anything in today's direct? I thought the Project S.T.E.A.M. Amiibo thing was pretty surprising.

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I'm not talking about merged systems. Nintendo themselves confirmed that they're working on a merged architecture/OS for both the console and handheld so that they can release games for both (this was back in the investor's meeting a year ago).

They talked about connecting the two systems more to better define the Nintendo brand and they spoke about combining their teams that focused on hardware and their teams that focused on software to make it easier for developers during transitionary periods.

Dreamsleep

New hardware is coming, because it means more money. People get tired of the same old, same old. People who think it will be 6 years before the next console, and maybe even not a new console at all, are delusional. New generation, means a new innovation from Nintendo, and a new push for sales.

Just look at what they do with revisions on the handheld side. They are crazy for new hardware at NCL, and you'd be crazy to not believe you will see new hardware on the handheld, and console side, up until the day the company doesn't exist anymore (which will be never).

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

DefHalan

Dreamsleep wrote:

New hardware is coming, because it means more money. People get tired of the same old, same old. People who think it will be 6 years before the next console, and maybe even not a new console at all, are delusional. New generation, means a new innovation from Nintendo, and a new push for sales.

Just look at what they do with revisions on the handheld side. They are crazy for new hardware at NCL, and you'd be crazy to not believe you will see new hardware on the handheld, and console side, up until the day the company doesn't exist anymore (which will be never).

Well new hardware is always coming, I just don't think it will hit the market until 2017. I could be wrong but that is my opinion.

ZurrrrBlattTron

I'm just interested in the new fire emblem and zelda u. If Mewtwo isn't out yet E3 would be a perfect time for him to have a truely epic trailer. :3 I know the chances are small but I want
A new Final Fantasy, a remake of 5 or 6 or a new tatics would be awesome sauce
A new Metroid!
Star Fox release date
Zelda U release date

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

ZurrrrBlattTron

Haru17 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

1. Metroid Prime Wii U announced with hostile planets in a ship (Corruption-style), hostile environments, and maybe some mass effect-like narrative elements. The narrative will be part of a larger story reboot getting away from the galactic federation and space pirate cliches and timeline weirdness, while still keeping Samus' origin story and metroids. Retro or another competent studio will make it. Finally, Samus will speak in a sassy fem-Sheppard-like-but-still-Samus way that will simultaneously make all of Star Citizen's thralls repent to follow the one true old god: Metroid and literally erase the mess of troublesome gender politics that was Other M from everyone's minds.

2. Paper Mario: the one with an actual story announced for Wii U, developed by Intelligent Systems, featuring a mix of Super Paper Mario-like platforming and RPG elements made new again (without slapping a sticker over them). Miyamoto is given a metaphorical viking funeral right after the announcement (in a replica of the King of Red Lions), then put in a box where he can't screw up anymore of Nintendo's best games.

3. More promising new and returning features are shown for Zelda U like: Shadow of the Colossus-esque boss battles, ice arrows, the grappling hook (not whip), the new sword combat, the new horseback combat, and an actual trailer showing an actual magical FANTASY world that starts a glorious rebirth of the genre ending only in Okami 7 (Okamidendendendendendenden). The trailer will followed by the obligatory Skyward Sword Seppuku (that's not racist, it's alliteration!).

That's all I want, after that all will be well with the world and they can announce all the New Super Star Nintendo Pilot/Sub Wii Sports Maker Resort Land: The Generic-ing bollocks they want without drawing my ire. (or any more of this partial-trolling!)

Wow did you just read my mind?

I do hope you guys got some enjoyment out of my rant, XD.

best rant of 2015 xD

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Blast

Mario Strikers for Wii U really needs to happen. Like, seriously.

I really do honestly expect Animal Crossing for Wii U to happen. That's inevitable.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

RedDevilAde
  • A lot of Zelda U footage
  • First look at new 3D Mario for 2016
  • Paper Mario U surprise release for 2015
  • Roll out of GCN, N64, Sega Saturn & Dreamcast of VC in 2015
  • A new Panzer Dragoon RPG
    That'd do me.

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

baba_944

Here's mine:

1: "Paper Mario U" announcement
2: New 3D Mario game that's original and not a sequel to any previous 3D Mario games (they can borrow gameplay elements)
3: GC VC on "Wii U"

Who are you?

NinjaWaddleDee

I freaking hate when people start talking about next gen consoles, but holy crap, a next gen console that merges both handheld and home consoles together would be a dream come true! Imagine the Wii u gamepad, but much smaller. That could be the handheld part of the console. Then, it could be used to turn on the home console version, so that you could keep playing the same games, but with better resolution! Just take your game out of your handheld, and put it into your home console, and bam! Your playing on the tv now! And using your handheld as your controller! The graphical differences between the tv and portable could be the same as the display differences between the Wii u on the tv, and the gamepad.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Whydoievenbother

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I freaking hate when people start talking about next gen consoles, but holy crap, a next gen console that merges both handheld and home consoles together would be a dream come true! Imagine the Wii u gamepad, but much smaller. That could be the handheld part of the console. Then, it could be used to turn on the home console version, so that you could keep playing the same games, but with better resolution! Just take your game out of your handheld, and put it into your home console, and bam! Your playing on the tv now! And using your handheld as your controller! The graphical differences between the tv and portable could be the same as the display differences between the Wii u on the tv, and the gamepad.

You do realize that you can sorta do that with PS4 Off-TV Play, Right?

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

iKhan

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

There are so many problems with that.

1. It would be expensive enough that they would have to sacrifice other features such as power, battery life, etc.
2. Games would be restricted by needing to be playable on a handheld. Motion controls or unique second screen features may be possible, but in a much more limited capacity.
3. Games are limited in ambition by the handheld system
4. The dual system functionality offers very little gameplay uniqueness in itself

Nintendo achieves the same effect without all the detriments if they sell a separate handheld and console, but maintain a degree of parity such that you can play simpler games on both systems, and add a Remote-Play like feature. Then they can get creative with the console and not take up costs with a feature not everyone will necessarily benefit from.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Jacob717

MrMario02 wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

You do realize that you can sorta do that with PS4 Off-TV Play, Right?

I think he or she is talking about having the handheld naively play console games, instead or just streaming or remote playing it.

Jacob717

NintendoFan64

Are we REALLY expecting a new console? I mean, I WAS expecting a new handheld to be revealed, but with the New 3DS, I think we're gonna have to wait a bit. Not too mention that it isn't time to abandon the Wii U yet, despite many thinking it's a good idea (which it ISN'T).

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Zyon

A new console? Let's wait until 2016 before we start speculating about Nintendo's next console. Same goes for the handheld, we just got the New 3DS give it a year or two at least. I'm thinking 2017 is the earliest we'll see Nintendo actually revealing their next console. It'll be a terrible move on Nintendo to just give up on the Wii U and dumb on us a new console for 2016.

That a side, what I want to see is VC for GCN that's compatible with the Wii U GCN adapter/conroller. I want to use it for something else besides Smash bros at least.
A more in-depth look on Xenoblade Chronicles X, this game is so huge. A release date would be great too.
More info on Zelda U it needs it, and a proper trailer. They can at least do that during E3.

Edited on by Zyon

Zyon

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4646-2043 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyon17

larry_koopa
  • More info on Star Fox and Zelda for Wii U. Perhaps even being playable at the show.
  • Surprise Metroid for Wii U announced.
  • Surprise F-Zero for Wii U announced.
  • I assume Yoshi's Woolly World will not be out by E3, but I'd like a release date at least (early 2015 Nintendo?? Hurry up then.)
  • Some other surprise that none of us will see coming

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Geonjaha

Since the other thread got locked, I'll just copy my answer:

Same as always (i.e hoping for):

"We here at Nintendo are pleased to announce that Square Enix have stopped being massive idiots, and are now translating and localising Dragon Quest: [Anything] to western 3DS owners!".

Massive Applause, Half Life 3 releases, World Peace attained.

...But outside of that fantasy I'd say the only thing I'm really interested in is knowing when we're getting this new Fire Emblem, and hopefully more footage and information.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.