Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 861 to 880 of 4,371

Blast

I don't really care about review scores but this game is almost destined to be reviewed highly.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

bezerker99

VoodooTrumpet wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

I'm tempted (when I get home later tonight) to walk completely thru each area in the game from start to finish...and time it as best I can. Anyone else up for the challenge???

I'd be interested to hear your findings!

tl;dr version:
Bionis' Leg took 8:15 mins to travel from left side of map to upper right corner

I had company over last night and we mostly played MK8 and then went out. However, I was able to play thru one of the numerous areas in Xenoblade Chronicles and record the time it took to traverse it's massive landscape.

The third area in the game is the Bionis' Leg. Here's a map of it. Starting at the 1 on the left, I went in a straight line right and made my way up to Crevasse Waterfall (top right corner). It took me 8 minutes and 15 seconds to make it up there.

There are other places in this area I could have gone (the Upper Level of the Bionis' Leg, which is lower right, for instance) but since I didn't have time to explore every corner, I went to that top right waterfall.

This is just one area out of a dozen or so to explore. There are other areas much bigger than here (Eryth Sea) but the Bionis' Leg is the first area where the gamer really gets a sense of just how huge this game's landscapes are.

I used a save file that has my character's party at the final boss and I'm so overpowered that I could just run past all the enemies in this early stage of the game. However, when you first get to this area you can't just run past them. You're going to have to fight thus making that 8 minute trek something more of an hour at the least.

But remember, the point isn't to run through these areas as fast as possible but yet to fight enemies and level up; explore every nook & cranny looking for 'secret areas'; and to complete side and main story quests. These big areas are meant for the gamer to spend some time in. I know I would spend days in each area before moving on to the next.

Edited on by bezerker99

Ryno

@bezerker99: Nice update, every time I think back on this game and seeing the images and maps makes me want to play through it again!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CaviarMeths

5 bloody times the size of XBC?

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

19Robb92

Untitled

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Hy8ogen

@CaviarMeths @19Robb92 Someone needs to sell me XBC so I can get an idea how huge the new game is going to be.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Spoony_Tech

Hy8ogen wrote:

@CaviarMeths @19Robb92 Someone needs to sell me XBC so I can get an idea how huge the new game is going to be.

50$ at Gamestop and you won't find it cheaper anywhere else. I doubt anyone here would sell it for less either.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TheLilK98

Ryno wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Why have you not got XBC yet? What are you waiting for? http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/xenoblade-chronicles-gamest... Click check availability and type in your zip code and find a copy.

To be fair, XBC copies were $100+ for a while. Which isn't exactly a great deal.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Hy8ogen

@Ryno I live in Canada. And there are none in where I live T_T

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

bezerker99

Tonight I'm going to walk around the entire perimeter of the Bionis' Leg and time it. This will give everyone another perspective on the size of this area.

Blast

*Coming from an EDGE interview with executive producer Tetsuya Takahashi...

• “a much more user-friendly experience”
  • “objectives and relevant people will be displayed on the map.”
  • implementing “a number of other features to help with quests”*

YES. YES. YES.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Akazury

Blast wrote:

*Coming from an EDGE interview with executive producer Tetsuya Takahashi...

• “a much more user-friendly experience”
  • “objectives and relevant people will be displayed on the map.”
  • implementing “a number of other features to help with quests”*

YES. YES. YES.

Sounds like a the gamepad get's another time to shine

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

OmegaMetroid93

Having useful quest related info on the gamepad would be PERFECT.
Going into the menu so much to check up on things got a little tedious since you did it so much.
The gamepad could really be useful for a game like this. I hope they really utilize it well.

OmegaMetroid93

CaviarMeths

The speculation that XBC is 145,000 square miles or whatever comes from a dev's comment that the game was the size of the Japanese archapalego, which is complete rubbish. The game is huge, but it's nowhere near that huge. It's probably not even the size of Tokyo. Think about it. You can walk from one end of XBC to the other in a few hours, but it would take days to walk across Tokyo. It would take months to walk across Japan.

And considering that the largest city in Skyrim has a population of like 70, its figure of 16 sq. mi. probably isn't that inaccurate either.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

Yeah that was my issue. I sometimes forget that huge in videos games isn't that huge IRL.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

cookiex

Tokyo Metropolis is over 2.000 square kilometers in size alone. Over twice the size of Just Cause 2's map (923 square kilometers) for reference.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

erv

I loved xenoblade chronicles but thought it was dauntingly huge sometimes. So 5 times bigger is... big...

I lost some of the appeal over not having seen beautiful landscapes in the new game yet. I saw mechs, space and whatnot, but I loved the nature and the beauty of its areas and thought the industrial parts were less interesting.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

bezerker99

Back to looking at my trusty map of the Bionis' Leg, last night I started out at Ragrinar Canyon Path (the '1' on the left side of the map) and traveled north along the perimeter, all while recording the time with the stopwatch app on my phone.

I followed along every path and crevice eventually arriving at the Rho Oasis and then Tirkin Headquarters. I passed the Sky Stage and the Viliera Hill and went up along the Daksha Shrine. I made my way to the bridge (point 5) and by the time I got across (point 6) I was looking at 18 minutes and 37 seconds.

That is when I quit because I was tired of this experiment hangovers suck.

Bottom line is, if I had stuck with following along the perimeter and made a complete circle back to where I started, it would have taken me about 40-50 minutes (bare minimum!). It might very well take an entire hour!

Oh well.............

HERE'S TO XENOBLADE ON THE NEW 3DS~!!!!

Edited on by bezerker99

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic