Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 881 to 900 of 4,371

ZyroXZ2

I have to say, the 5-times-bigger thing is getting a little taken out of context. In XBCX, you have mechs that can fly (meaning travel in a straight line over obstacles), turn into a bike, or roving vehicle. This most likely moves MORE than 5 times as fast as walking on foot. Given these travel options, 5 times bigger may not feel 5 times bigger at all, and is simply a scale increase based on the new mechs that can travel at naturally much higher speeds.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2 | Twitter:

OmegaMetroid93

I agree, but at the same time, you still CAN explore on foot.
And as long as they put enough content in the world, it'll be all good with me.

OmegaMetroid93

shingi_70

Honestly the world size doesn't mean that much to me, i'm hoping for an abundance of content for side quests.

Interesting how this is much more of a Dragon Age style rpg, while Zelda is much more in vain of Skyrim and the Witcher.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

unrandomsam

shingi_70 wrote:

Honestly the world size doesn't mean that much to me, i'm hoping for an abundance of content for side quests.

Interesting how this is much more of a Dragon Age style rpg, while Zelda is much more in vain of Skyrim and the Witcher.

It means something to me if it is mostly empty.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

shingi_70

unrandomsam wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

The game will be mostly empty based on the what type of game it is coupled with the plot. Especially for the early going.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Nintenjoe64

unrandomsam wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

If it is anything like its predecessor, there will be plenty to fill the vast landscape. Mainly monsters of varying sizes but the battle system made it much less annoying to battle through the world than in most other JRPGs.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

SammyPegs

This game just cannot come soon enough for me...

http://wiiugamingzone.wordpress.com/ - My new Wii U blog!

Blast

I wonder what kind of drama and story will be around Elma...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

OmegaMetroid93

So I remember someone used all the footage we have so far to put together a map of the Wilderness-area.
And that made me thinking about what size that area would be in comparison to Bionis Leg.
Because udging from the treehouse demo, that place is far from empty and if every area is like that in terms of content, I don't think we have to worry about that at all.

Also, about the world being seemless.. Was there actually a single loading screen in that entire demo? Because I don't think there was.

OmegaMetroid93

Datasun_7

Well just bought xenoblade, it better be good

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

OmegaMetroid93

It is. Assuming you like JRPGs, that is.

OmegaMetroid93

Datasun_7

Haven't played any Jrpgs for awhile but I love the DQ series and I'm really excited for XCX so I took the plunge

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Blast

Let's talk about how online multiplayer could work.

Maybe there's a cool racing mode where you can race with other people in your mech

Maybe there's a mode where your friends and you can fight monsters in a glorified battle arena like in Monster Hunter

Master of the Hype Train

OmegaMetroid93

Well, I think the best would be if you could actually go out and explore the world with your friends. That's what I really hope they'll do.
I can imagine there being some sort of a guild building in the cities that take care of multiplayer sessions and quests and such. And you go there, meet up with friends and then head out together. I dunno, that's just one idea.

Definitely liking your idea of having multiple modes where you can do different things, especially if they involve the mechs.

Also, seeing as how the mechs can fly, do you think we'll see any vertical areas that are inaccessible by foot? That'd be awesome. And since there'll be several different mech-types, maybe they can limit travel that way as well.

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Well, I think the best would be if you could actually go out and explore the world with your friends. That's what I really hope they'll do.
I can imagine there being some sort of a guild building in the cities that take care of multiplayer sessions and quests and such. And you go there, meet up with friends and then head out together. I dunno, that's just one idea.

Definitely liking your idea of having multiple modes where you can do different things, especially if they involve the mechs.

Also, seeing as how the mechs can fly, do you think we'll see any vertical areas that are inaccessible by foot? That'd be awesome. And since there'll be several different mech-types, maybe they can limit travel that way as well.

Yeah Mech usage is limited by fuel so a gamer can't just ride around in his mech all the time. He's gonna have to stop and refill the tank somehow.

And this is freaking Monolith Soft... I'm just positive there's gonna be many hidden areas that only mechs can reach

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Been playing through Xenoblade in anticipation for X. I love Xenoblade so much, it's so crazy good. I'm at frontier village, hopefully I'll beat the game before X comes out.

Master of the Hype Train

MsJubilee

@DiscoGentleman Don't worry you just need 200 hours to beat the game, so no biggie.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

OmegaMetroid93

Well, we've already seen floating islands in the Primordial Wilderness. Hell, I think you could even see them in the very first teaser they released. Pretty sure you can only get to those by mech. They're small though, so I wonder what in the world could be up there. Maybe just a salvage point or a unique monster, probably?

OmegaMetroid93

TheLilK98

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Well, we've already seen floating islands in the Primordial Wilderness. Hell, I think you could even see them in the very first teaser they released. Pretty sure you can only get to those by mech. They're small though, so I wonder what in the world could be up there. Maybe just a salvage point or a unique monster, probably?

There could be a special mech/mech upgrade up there...

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

conman2012

Looking foward to this game as my most anticipated Wii U upcoming game (that we know about). The Mechs look appealing and I am assuming from the cut scenes there will be a good storyline.

Never played Xenoblade chronicles though, just like the look of this one from the trailers thus far.

conman2012

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic