Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,861 to 3,880 of 4,371

R_Champ

@Tsurii:

REALLY need a sequel. Just as the story was starting to get really interesting...The End. They raised as many questions as they answered with the ending (not in a bad way) so there is a ton of room for a sequel.

And yeah, I finished the last story arc around 120-150 hours due to wanting to complete all available Affinity Missions. Now I'm taking a break to play other games before I dig into the post-game stuff (I did get Mia though before I started my break She NEEDED to be in my permanent team. I feel she fills the Reyn/Riki void that the other characters in the X haven't been able to).

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Eat_Pie

I just hit 120 hours, and I'm around 72% completion. There's still a ton of stuff I have to do though.

This game definitely needs a sequel. That ending needs to be resolved and so does Yelv's storyline.

Eat_Pie

nf_2

Yeah a sequel is basically essential, if only because of how many loose ends there are at the end of the main story. Aside from the main loose end, there's whatever happened to the rest of the Prone, including Goetia; the rest of L's people; what happens with the Lifehold Core stuff; what happens with the Wrothians after the Ganglion leave; and more minor stories .

I just realized, why wouldn't the different escape ships from Earth have some sort of communication system? Is that ever really addressed?

Edited on by nf_2

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

Luna_110

@nf_2:
You kill Goetia in chapter 6 or 7 if I'm not wrong. You blow her Skell to pieces.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

nf_2

Yeah I suppose she is probably dead. I never know what constitutes a real death in these kinds of games unless there's a dramatic scene haha.

As for the other things, the core still has so much potential for more story simply due to it holding everyone's information etc. I suppose it ties more into the actual ending itself, but there's nothing definitive about what really happens with it and why it's a necessary part of the story other than for Elma to get her real body back basically.
And with the Wrothians, I meant what happens to them after they set up camp. Do they really have any reason to stay in those caves? It doesn't seem like that's where they were before the Ganglion exerted power over them. Considering that they had Skells, they had to have been a fairly prominent group on Mira that operated out of more than just one tiny cave.

Edited on by nf_2

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

rishisquid

Sorry to interrupt, but I'm trying to get mechanical lvl 5 atm and am kind of going crazy. I know I have to get the off the record mission, and I've seen it in the quest thingy before, but now when I try to take it, it isn't there...

rishisquid

rishisquid

Nvm, it decided to show up, but I'm arch. lvl 4 as well, so when does that quest appear? After i finish the mechanical one?

rishisquid

Mineral

nf_2 wrote:

Yeah I suppose she is probably dead. I never know what constitutes a real death in these kinds of games unless there's a dramatic scene haha.

As for the other things, YOUR SPOILER TAGS DIDN'T WORK [/ spoiler]

The computer servers that held and transmitted everyone's mind to the mims were destroyed in the crash. The big mystery being how humans are still alive and moving if the thing got destroyed ? My theory is the planet is a giant space ship/computer from a long abandoned experiment that was made to trap and force different intelligent xenoforms to coexist. It probably scanned the lifehold while the thing fell, made a copy and started transmitting to preserve this new life that came crashing onto the planet. (humans)
The part of the life hold that held the DNA data didn't get wrecked too badly, so they can still "reboot" humanity at least.

There's a number of evidence of this with Professor B [spoiler]since he somehow can't leave Mira with his time-traveling car, I think there was also a mention somewhere that the Ganglion couldn't leave the planet, and somehow every xenoform can understand each other perfectly.

Miranium is also a surprisingly versatile material and unknown even to the technologically advanced Ma-non. You can make different metal and fuel out of it. Maybe it's the "life block" the original builders used to make the planet.

Edited on by Mineral

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

Dezzy

I love that I still feel like I'm only scratching the surface of this game. As far as the main story's concerned, I've only just done the part where you get the flight module. But then I just went off doing sidequests for about 10 hours or so.
I'm now working on unlocking all of the classes for the main character. What are people's favourite classes? I did the long sword with assault rifle one first. Maximised that. Now I'm doing the knife with raygun one. Close to maximising that.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eat_Pie

@Dezzy
Drifter is my favorite class because of the 5th skill slot and the customizability of weapons/skills.

Eat_Pie

Dezzy

Eat_Pie wrote:

@Dezzy
Drifter is my favorite class because of the 5th skill slot and the customizability of weapons/skills.

What do you mean customizable weapons?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eat_Pie

@Tsurii
Those stat boosts can be replaced with augments. That fifth skill slot is more valuable than the stat boost.

@Dezzy
Sorry for the bad wording. Ignore that part.

Eat_Pie

Giygas_95

For anyone that knows a lot about photon saber builds, I have a few questions. First, let me describe my build. I'm using all the photon saber melee arts (blade, rondo, blossom, duster, and cataclysm) along with two auras (astrolibrium for boosted beam damage and astral horizon to make astral heal affect everyone), and as I mentioned, astral heal (at the expense of a ranged art for soul voices, but the healing from astral heal makes up for it since I have an arts TP XX augment on my saber.

Skills: I'm using Yamato Spirit for further TP production, Beam boost, and three other skills that boost damage in melee combos and shorten cooldown times in combos.

My question is if it's really worth using a beam saber for astrolibrium though. Does it really boost beam damage enough to make it worth using? I know it helps for galactic cataclysm, but any aura will boost its damage output. I ask this because I went to a lot of trouble to craft a masterstroke lightblade with the electric attribute. I'd like to use it unless my carbide saber with beam attribute is just all around better. Fact is, the masterstroke lightblade has a higher total melee attack while the carbide saber has a higher melee attack (if anyone can explain the difference between melee attack and total melee attack and which is better to focus on, I'd appreciate it). If I use my electric attribute lightblade, I figured I'd drop astrolibrium for a ranged art or maybe astral purge.

Another catch is that the carbide beam saber has three good built in augments plus three empty slots while the electric lightblade has three empty slots. From what I can tell the carbide saber seems the better option, but I just wanted to know what others thought.

As a side note, I also have beam boost and electric boost skills maxed as well as beam attack up XX and electric attack up XX augments.

Long story short: Would I be better off using a carbide saber that benefits from astrolibrium and has extra built in augments, or would I do better dropping astrolibrium and changing to a lightblade with higher total melee attack (300 vs the carbide saber's 160)? Not to mention the masterstroke lightblade looks more like a Star Wars lightsaber which is always good.

Giygas_95

Nintendo Network ID: Supersonic_Flyer

Eat_Pie

@Glygas_95
You'd probably be better off running Ether Saber over beam saber due to access to Core Crusher. Try to switch ranged weapons to make your build more powerful. Add in Essence Exchange and take out Astral Horizion. Astral Heal by itself suffices. You probably shouldn't craft weapons because weapon drops from enemies will be better. I wouldn't use the one you crafted because it has an electric attribute. Electric is fine for other builds, but it does not work with Photon Sabers. I'd stick with Astrolibrium and the beam saber. If you need a good beam saber, buy one from the shop or farm for it(if you're at that point).

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

@Giygas_95
Yep, no problem. Photon Saber isn't too hard to build, as there aren't many roles you can do with it. Beam Saber build is probably the most common and easiest to build, but you're going to do more damage with Ether.

Eat_Pie

WiiWareWave

Is it true that there's a Monado clone legendary weapon in the game that you can obtain?!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Eat_Pie

@Neko_Ichigofan
There's definitely a quest you do that involves a Monado legendary weapon clone but I don't think you can obtain it.

Eat_Pie

Giygas_95

@Eat_Pie: I wish fashion gear applied to weaponry too though because I really don't like how ether sabers look. I know that's not as important but it still bothers me. Also why exactly is electric a bad attribute for sabers? Can't use astrolibrium or core crusher?

Giygas_95

Nintendo Network ID: Supersonic_Flyer

Eat_Pie

@Giygas_95
Fashion gear for weapons would be harder to implement.

You can't use electric because there aren't any electric arts that come from the Galactic Knight class. The electric attribute would be a waste, and you'd have no use for it. Many of the arts would be useless(like Astrolibrium), and you don't have access to Core Crusher. Electric builds are about boosting the chance of shock and using an art that boosts damage when enemy is shocked. There's no way to do that with photon sabers.

The three attributes that work are gravity, beam, and ether. I wouldn't suggest gravity because it's really hard to build. Beam and ether are your best options.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic