Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 4,371

Mineral

Does anyone have any skell "build" for the Verus Cain ? I was going to make one but the sheer lack of information on what I should go for stopped me.

I already have a really nice Reflect(all elements) Mastema White Reaper with missiles for easy appendage breaking which is great for farming and a Lailah Queen Tank that doesn't go down easy. I put a F-Wave on it in the hopes the party AI would use it to heal each other but they don't do it. It's still good for online nemesis battles as I can heal my teammates. Both are ranged so I wanted to try Melee.

Edited on by Mineral

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

VelvetElvis

Alright folks, so let's talk about the voices for the Prone women who come to live in new LA.

What.

I like that this game has a sense of humor, but these snippets are just a dude doing his best "dumb guy" while high as a giraffe's ass. The magnitude of this voice's stupidity is really distracting.

I always say that this game is a flawed masterpiece (lots of things with such ambition are), and I'd definitely file this choice into the "I can't believe someone signed off on this" bucket.

VelvetElvis

Luna_110

Hey, for french and spanish speaking players, the nee update includes subtitles in those languages!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Player4

Hey, I was hoping someone here could help me. Whenever I decide to join the Lifehold/Conquest squad my game freezes and goes back to the title screen, however when I disconnect my WiiU from the internet and play offline it loads just fine. It never happened to me until yesterday. Thanks!

Edit: There's an update? How do I download it?

Edited on by Player4

Player4

3DS Friend Code: 4554-1262-6386

rishisquid

Does anyone know how to get better research probes? I only have a few sucky ones and want to get my revenue up.

rishisquid

Xyphon22

I finally got around to starting this last night as I was in the middle of Pandora's Tower when I bought it and wanted to finish that first. I finished the prologue and got into NLA. There are a couple of things that I don't really like so far. First, I know it's been a common complaint but the text really is quite small. Not unreadable, but a pain considering how often I need to try to read it especially just starting and not knowing what all I am doing yet. Second, the mute protagonist. I know it had to be that way since you can choose what voice you want and they couldn't do all that dialogue with multiple voices, but it is still odd especially after having Shulk in the Xenoblade. Finally, I don't like how it is divided into chapters (the Prologue and now I am in Chapter 1). It makes it feel like I'm reading a storybook and makes it harder to get immersed in the world like in the first one. I'm sure it will be few and far between and it will be okay, it's just a first thought finally starting this game.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Player4

@Tsurii: For some reason it worked haha, but thank you so much!!! Now I need to get back grinding reward tickets

Player4

3DS Friend Code: 4554-1262-6386

chardir

@Xyphon22: I totally agree on the mute protagonist. What's the point of choosing a voice if I never say anything anyway? I would much rather be playing the role of a character that the game designers had created than having an avatar that has no character at all, and doesn't really reflect me anyway. The characters in the game even joke that I don't say much!

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

chardir

@Tsurii: That's quite a strong reaction to my preference. So if I would prefer a lead character to take the role of (just like in the prequel to this game and in many other RPGs) I must be playing it wrong? All of the in-game choices could still exist with a fleshed out main character.

Also, note that I wasn't complaining about any of the game's story or characters

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

Xyphon22

@Tsurii: I know that mute protagonists are generally an RPG staple and I am usually good with it. And I am sure that I will become used to it in this game, too. I just wasn't expecting it after having Shulk in Xenoblade. When my character first came out of the stasis pod I just thought he couldn't remember how to talk yet. I'm not complaining about it. I haven't gotten far enough yet to see how everything develops. It was just my initial reaction.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Mineral

I asked this a while ago but I've since completed what I assume are all the social quests so I can answer my own question. I wanted to post it in case other people are looking for the same info.

You can get 6 pets total in the game ! You get them from social quests that pop-up from time to time in mission control. You have to do Gwin's first affinity mission to gain access to pets.
Cats : Silver Tabby, Abyssinian, Calico
Dogs : Labrador, Dalmatian, Beagle

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

nf_2

@rishisquid: In general they come from either quests or from mechanical treasures. If you google search research probes there's a thread on another forum where people list a bunch that they've found. I'd link it but I'm not sure if that's allowed here.

If you're trying to get your revenue up, arrange a duplicator probe next to a booster probe and surround (especially the duplicator probe) with your research probes. You can get around 70k revenue just from 3-4 research probes this way, but the only places where this set up really works are Cauldros and Oblivia.

Cross not being a major character makes a lot of sense in context of the story. I didn't like the idea at first, but once you get to a certain point in the story it makes a lot more sense to have Cross be just another face than anything special.

Edited on by nf_2

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

rishisquid

@nf_2: Thanks, I'd like to have a link but I'll dig around the interwebs if not. I think it's weird that research probes are so rare compared to mining probes. I have dozens of mining probes, a lot of them are rank 6-10, but I only have like 5 research probes, and they are all low rank...

I make around 85k atm but I'm at the point where I need alot more cash, those lvl 50 skells ain't cheep.

Edited on by rishisquid

rishisquid

Eat_Pie

70% completion. I took a break from farming for dual potential dual guns and I'm now farming for the level 60 custom skell.

Eat_Pie

edhe

I'm on Chapter 9, and after relying on my skell with its magical killing sword, I'm now at a fight against two bosses and 3 or 4 goons, and me team is getting shredded.

I went back to NLA to adjust my gear, add some slots and craft some enhancements, but I don't think it would be enough. I managed to get a HP Up XX (+1500 HP) gem on two of my characters and a TP Up XX (+3000 TP) gem on my character, and I threw in a few lower level humanoid attack/critical up gems on everyone.

Are there any gems that would be particularly helpful? I'm nearing level 40 for my main character (35, at least), which will allow me to build the next set of archetype weapons but otherwise, I may clear out some of the other quests. Gwin is usually the one to fall first because I hardly ever use him, but was restricted from using Doug, I believe, so now I have to train him up.

I also completed that mission "Prone away from Home", I think it was called way below the intended level. Or maybe not. I'd wander into the area, and the vulcan cannons would train on me and start blasting the crap out of me, so I jumped about a bit in my skell and avoided a lot of the conflict. When it came to getting the key from a level 17 prone stood a few yards in front of a level 45 vulcan cannon, I unloaded everything on the prone, defeated him, got torn to shreds by the cannon, and respawned with the key.

I'm glad team mates don't need to be concious to earn EXP after the end ofa battle...

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

edhe

@Tsurii:
Thanks for the tips. When the arts make mention of a "combo", that means while in overdrive, right?

Some arts mention a bonus if they start a combo, but my tactics usually involve (with shield and sniper rifle) using the range attack + buff, then a ranged attack to start off the fight, then I go in with the shield to raise my TP a bit, then Wild Down > Wild Bash(?), from there, I'd repeat, being sure to respond to my teammates soul voices when possible.
Usually, I wouldn't be able to gether enough TP with all the Wild Down usage, but then again, with my increased TP pool, If I farm a bit, I'll be able to fire off at least one overdrive combo at the start of the battle.

Ultimately, it looks like levelling up a bit would help.

As for lowering the difficulty, I was given the option to lower the level, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. While I could simply lower the difficulty for subsequent boss battles, losing like this is a wake-up call, and forces me to look at my equipment harder. It is frustrating how little damage I do with some attacks.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

edhe

@Tsurii:

I had been meaning to ask what the potential stat was about. I can't believe I've managed to get so far without knowing a lot of this stuff.

It's definitely more complex than the first game.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic