Forums

Topic: Will Wii U take off this winter season?

Posts 201 to 220 of 327

Relias

feline2 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

But rallydefault the ps4 has 1M+ preorders or 25% of wii u's install base. Don't forget multiplatforms although not exclusives (obviously) still move consoles & drum up enthusiasm

But why do I care, man? I don't give a flying squirrel that the PS4 has 1million+ preorders. Great. Fantastic. I'm supposed to buy one just because lots of other people are? Ugh... this is the problem with the social networking age we live in. Peer pressure has spread even to fictitious environments. The PS4 AND Xbone launch window games don't appeal to me, and the multiplatform games they are both getting will be better on PC. Activision or Infinity Ward or whoever just admitted that the PC version of CoD: Ghosts WILL be graphically superior to that of the next-gen consoles' versions. That didn't take too long, did it?

I bought a Nintendo console because it's the only one that will consistently give me excellent games I can't find anywhere else AND a control method that can't be reproduced consistently and by default anywhere else. Even Kinect is made for PCs, if you didn't know. The Wii U gamepad is not. For Sony's sake I will say that Knack looks interesting and I hope it works out, but aside from that ... meh. Killzone? DriveClub? I hope the PS4 launch window gets as much criticism (or more) as the Wii U did.

The dang TRUTH

As spoken above twice... ... I humbly agree

Edited on by Relias

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

HawkeyeWii

It will do a lot better than last holiday season and I think it will truly take off next spring and into next summer.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Henmii

Will the Wii u take off? Nintendo thinks so because of Mario 3D world and DKC Tropical freeze! But I am not entirely sure. There's always the chance that DKC fails because of DKC Returns 3D (to short released after each other), and that people have a Mario fatigue (New super mario bros u wasn't a gigantic succes, but that may also be because it was released short after New super mario bros 2). We have to wait and see! Personally I am on the edge: Buying it now, or waiting for a price cut or till it takes off. And if it doesn't take off, just waiting for the next device. I have to overthink it a bit further!

Henmii

Relias

HawkeyeWii wrote:

It will do a lot better than last holiday season and I think it will truly take off next spring and into next summer.

Uh hold on.. doesn't that mean it would have to do about 3.35 million or above during one holiday season.. really?? I guess it is possibly.. but that sure is expecting a lot.. (Of course I guess it depends on when you think the Holiday season starts too.. but even at that I don't think it will do past 3 million.. 2.45 or something is a little more realistic I think)

shingi_70

rallydefault wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

But rallydefault the ps4 has 1M+ preorders or 25% of wii u's install base. Don't forget multiplatforms although not exclusives (obviously) still move consoles & drum up enthusiasm

But why do I care, man? I don't give a flying squirrel that the PS4 has 1million+ preorders. Great. Fantastic. I'm supposed to buy one just because lots of other people are? Ugh... this is the problem with the social networking age we live in. Peer pressure has spread even to fictitious environments. The PS4 AND Xbone launch window games don't appeal to me, and the multiplatform games they are both getting will be better on PC. Activision or Infinity Ward or whoever just admitted that the PC version of CoD: Ghosts WILL be graphically superior to that of the next-gen consoles' versions. That didn't take too long, did it?

I bought a Nintendo console because it's the only one that will consistently give me excellent games I can't find anywhere else AND a control method that can't be reproduced consistently and by default anywhere else. Even Kinect is made for PCs, if you didn't know. The Wii U gamepad is not. For Sony's sake I will say that Knack looks interesting and I hope it works out, but aside from that ... meh. Killzone? DriveClub? I hope the PS4 launch window gets as much criticism (or more) as the Wii U did.

It won't. The biggest problems of the Wii U launch Window were.

-Alot of the ports were games that came out six months to a year ago and most of the launch audience were buying anyway.
-Delays of Vital first and third party software out of the
-Two single player games from Nintendo.

The Line up I posted above doesn't suffer from that having current games (Many the wii u won't have due to stupid pubs)

Plus the launch Windows doesn't look as barren as the Wii U's was.

Basement Crawl
Contrast
Counterspy
Daylight
Diablo 3
Doki-Doki Universe
Flower
inFamous Second Son
Mercenary Kings
Mincraft
N++
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
PlanetSide 2
Pool Nation FX
Primal Carnage: Genesis
Ray's the Dead
Super Motherload
The Crew
The Order: 1886
The Pinball Arcade
The Witness
Thief
Transistor
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Plus the games announced that might be passed Launch Window

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Relias wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Uh hold on.. doesn't that mean it would have to do about 3.35 million or above during one holiday season.. really?? I guess it is possibly.. but that sure is expecting a lot.. (Of course I guess it depends on when you think the Holiday season starts too.. but even at that I don't think it will do past 3 million.. 2.45 or something is a little more realistic I think)

Well nintendo wants 12 million copies by March of next year so the vast chunk of that will be during the Holiday.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Relias wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Well nintendo wants 12 million copies by March of next year so the vast chunk of that will be during the Holiday.

WAT!

Relias

Sony_70 wrote:

Relias wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Well unless Mario Kart 8 or something jumps to early Jan. (Which is still Holiday season) Or fantastic deals are due from Black Friday and beyond.. I think Nintendo is in for a disappointment.. by then.. around 8-9 million... most.. 12 million is unrealistic.. (And when did it go up from 9 million I might add??)

shingi_70

@WaveBoy

-Capcom should give Megaman to Nintendo or work closely with them like Sega has done with Lost world. (though it helps that the last two sonic games were good).
=The best way to make a new Ghost and Goblins would be a light hearted take on Dark Souls.
-Contra is konami and its likely that's what the guys who made the new Castlevaina games are working on.
-Resident Evil needs a full on reboot at this point. Survival Horror games have been slowly on the upswing so maybe we might see it. The problem for post 4 games where they tried to emulate gears of war and the resident evil movies to much. Shinji Mikai has the Evil Within next year so there is some hardcore horror to be had

I'd disagree with them pandering to western hyper violence as well. Out of the five big current capcom franchises we have.

-Resident Evil a series that did fall prey to this. (the game would have sold well regardless and people hated six.
-Dead Rising which feels the more action based Zombie game meaning turning Resident Evil into Generic Zombie shooter makes no sense due to overlap. Even than Dead rising is more of a suda 51 style Parody violence.
-Monster Hunter which is probably the most Japanese thing you can get.
Dragon's Dogma which is basically monster hunter with a story. (really surpised they didn't port ark arisen to WIi U)

WAT!

Ryno

I just came to the realization that though Nintendo is for children every 3rd party game that doesn't come to Nintendo's systems are not that good anyway.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SCRAPPER392

@Mahe
It wasn't a mistake, though. They intentionally launched it at that price knowing the software wouldn't be there right away. Just look at Europe. They're getting up to 150 euros off the price which the average joe American would probably sweep up ASAP.
Europe has been lowering the prices and it still isn't selling, while I have no actual proof tons of people in America would buy one, it's pretty likely. Our market is totally different. Walmart/ASDA still sells Nintendo stuff regardless over here, because it always does well, just not AS well of late.

@Poketune
Read my post. I said all the companies are doing that, so you can't point the finger at only Nintendo.

@Sony_70
I like how none of the Nintendo indie/DLC only games were ever in one of your game lists, yet you list PS4's games like they count in comparison to one of your other lists.(sarcasm)

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

rallydefault

uptownsoul wrote:

@RallyDefault "But why do I care, man?" I don't know why you care, man.  I brought statistics to my point.  I wasn't trying to give you something you cared about.  

As far as getting a Nintendo because it "consistently gives you excellent games you cant get anywhere else AND a control method that can't be reproduced consistently and by default anywhere else.". As far as the excellent games, that's a matter of opinion.  As far as the gamepad that can't be reproduced, I doubt that.  I believe that were Sony or Microsoft so inclined, they could make the exact same gamepad down to the very spec.  I don't think they will, but I don't think they'd be barred either.  

@uptownsoul

Have they? They haven't.

Are the games excellent? Sure, you can bring in a certain amount of opinion, but using the reviews and statistics so many of you just LOVE to cite, Nintendo is always and historically the highest-scoring first-party entity. You look silly trying to debate whether or not Nintendo's games are great. They are. Everyone knows they are. That's the reason why the company is still around.

@Sony_70

I'm not going to waste any time debating the merits of the PS4's launch window with a guy whose username is "Sony_70." You're obviously not going to change your mind. But from a fairly objective standpoint of a gamer who knows how to use a PC, the PS4's launch window is pretty barren. Sorry.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Relias

WaveBoy wrote:

Relias wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Relias wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Well unless Mario Kart 8 or something jumps to early Jan. (Which is still Holiday season) Or fantastic deals are due from Black Friday and beyond.. I think Nintendo is in for a disappointment.. by then.. around 8-9 million... most.. 12 million is unrealistic.. (And when did it go up from 9 million I might add??)

Blame Apple and their onslaught of pesky I-pads. The millions of soccer moms have taken a bite of that rype pixel apple to get their Angry Birds fix and there's no turning back. Nintendo just lost a big chunk of their audience. I doubt Zelda Wind Waker and DK:Tropical freeze will make that big of a dent in sales. Mario Kart 8, 3D World and Smash Bros 4 however...

I took a bite out of Apple once.. I started hellucinating about Red and Yellow Birds that liked to be shot out of a Giant Sling Shot and Knock down boards and ran through glass and things... I decided Apple was bad stuff.. and had to come back.. it was hard.. because once your bite your addicted.. bad stuff man.. bad stuff..

brooks83

rallydefault wrote:

But from a fairly objective standpoint of a gamer who knows how to use a PC, the PS4's launch window is pretty barren. Sorry.

As an objective gamer myself, the PS4's launch lineup looks more appealing than the Wii U's launch lineup did.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

SCRAPPER392

The funny thing about Apple, is that they never take advantage of their newest hardware. I had the iPad 2 for a bit, and I was looking forward to what it could do better than the first iPad.
Now they're on iPad 3.5, and the first iPad is still doing just as well besides the camera. The only difference is that they aren't selling the first iPad anymore. They jumped around 4 generations of the same hardware, and there's not much of any improved software to show for it.
Same thing with the iPhone. Plus, Apple products explode, electricute, and freeze up.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

brooks83 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

But from a fairly objective standpoint of a gamer who knows how to use a PC, the PS4's launch window is pretty barren. Sorry.

As an objective gamer myself, the PS4's launch lineup looks more appealing than the Wii U's launch lineup did.

The Wii U has its holiday games that are coming out around the launch of other consoles too, though.
Mario, W101, WW HD, Wii U Party, etc, and other unannounced games are gonna be out during the other systems' launch period.

Qwest

brooks83

SCAR392 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

The Wii U has its holiday games that are coming out around the launch of other consoles too, though.
Mario, W101, WW HD, Wii U Party, etc, and other unannounced games are gonna be out during the other systems' launch period.

I totally agree Nintendo has some great games coming out this holiday. I was just comparing launch titles.

brooks83

brooks83

WaveBoy wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

I'd take NSMB.U, Nintendo Land & ZombiU over sony's and MS's next gen lineup 'combined'.

I love me some 2D Mario, but the game just looked very "been there, done that". I'm sure it's fun, and Zombi U does look awesome, just at the Wii U's launch it wasn't enough to make me want to run out and get a Wii U. I was also very dissapointed that there was no VC at launch. I also agree with you about the bland action and FPS games that litter the shelves these days. I'm getting a Wii U for the Nintendo exclusives and seriously considering becoming a PC gamer for my multiplat fix.

brooks83

shingi_70

@SCAR392

Well I was comapring the lanches and even with the indie games the Window was pretty barren. @brooke83 isn't comparing Nintendo's current line up ot he other system alunches. He's comparing where the Wii U's lauch to that of the upcoming PS4s.

@rallydefault

My old user name was shingi_70 but ti got changed by TBD last year when I was trolling Sony in Chat. Haven;t had any reason to change it since. (mostly becuase only a few of the older guys on the site know me as shingi.)

@Waveboy

The Only developer who seems interested in move are media molecule who's next game looks like it will feature it. Even Killzone shaodwfall has no apparent move controls despite the last game having it as optional control scheme

WAT!

Ryno

brooks83 wrote:

I love me some 2D Mario, but the game just looked very "been there, done that". I'm sure it's fun, and Zombi U does look awesome, just at the Wii U's launch it wasn't enough to make me want to run out and get a Wii U. I was also very dissapointed that there was no VC at launch. I also agree with you about the bland action and FPS games that litter the shelves these days. I'm getting a Wii U for the Nintendo exclusives and seriously considering becoming a PC gamer for my multiplat fix.

If I spent more time playing video games that would be my ultimate one two combo.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.