Forums

Topic: Will Wii U take off this winter season?

Posts 181 to 200 of 327

DePapier

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Have to say despite this and being $500 the Xbox One is looking to be the console to beat on games alone.

I found the Xbox One launch list to be pretty meh personally. Nothing there that would make me happy about spending $500+. I probably will have a similar attitude toward the PS4's launch lineup too. I'm just over the brown depressing apocalyptic settings frequently featured in the games of today.

Xenoblade ripoff
Untitled
Wind Waker clone
Untitled
Old Nintendo fighter that failed against Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken & Virtua Fighter
Untitled
W101 copy
Untitled
Wii Sports/Wave Race 64
Untitled

The same tired and boring games I can play right now on .

I somewhat knew I missed the best part of that conversation.

Relias

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Nintendo probably would lower the price if it weren't for the expensive Wii U game pad which costs probably twice as much as a dualshock 4.

Which is a big problem when the market has at worse Apathy about the control scheme.

Full body waggle kinect still is the most hated control in the history of gaming
Untitled

And that people is why you should never show up to work drunk... Blackmail usefulness rating.. 20/10

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

PokeTune

SCAR392 wrote:

I think some the Xbox One games are looking pretty good, but I don't think any of these games will really draw anyone away from one or the other. I already have a Wii U, and at this point, I would say Xbox One is as close as people are going to the impossible expectations everyone seems to have these days, at least in regards to Nintendo.

If you look at all the games available, every single one of them is the same ol', same ol' with new visuals and some extra/more gameplay. That's fine, but all the consoles are doing it. The only games that are really new are the IPs like Ryse.
Knack is new, but I don't see anything I can't get anywhere else with that game.

I really don't see why people have doubted the Wii U so much. The way things currently are is not how the entire 8th gen will play out, and with all the criticism the Wii U has gotten for the past 2 years with alot of it being for no reason, expectations are through the roof for other consoles, and I haven't seen much of anything so far that proves that 2 years of complaints were justified.

So Nintendo's poor handling of the Wii U and the reason why its doing so poorly isn't enough justification for why people are negative about it? Also you criticize next-gen games of being the same ol', same ol' thing but Nintendo releasing NSMBU, WWHD, DKCTF, and SM3DW isn't being the same ol', same ol'?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CrossFactorComms/about
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
Xenoblade Chronicles X

shingi_70

We finally got the launch day lists for the Xbox One and PS4 and How they compare to the WIi U.

PS4
DC Universe Online
Drive Club
Killzone Shadowfall
Knack
The Playroom
Resogun
Tiny Brians
War Thunder

Xbox One
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
Lococycle
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Ryse: Son of Rome
Zoo Tycoon

I think if Nintendo tried more cross platform games it would help the Wii U, All of the stuff they showed yesterday has me wanting both a Vita and a PS4 to compliment each other.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Sjoerd

Sony_70 wrote:

We finally got the launch day lists for the Xbox One and PS4 and How they compare to the WIi U.

PS4
DC Universe Online
Drive Club
Killzone Shadowfall
Knack
The Playroom
Resogun
Tiny Brians
War Thunder

Xbox One
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
Lococycle
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Zoo Tycoon

I think if Nintendo tried more cross platform games it would help the Wii U, All of the stuff they showed yesterday has me wanting both a Vita and a PS4 to compliment each other.

Zoo Tycoon. Nice.

None of this excites me enough to justify the prices. But PS4 looks a WHOLE lot better I think. I'll just wait for that PS4/Vita bundle next year.

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

shingi_70

@Sjored

Yeah Zoo Tycoon looks awesome. It seems to be a mix of the older games with the more first/third person kinectimals/Viva Pinita giving multiple ways to play for everyone in the family. (Adults like the sim parts while kids like to run around. You can also play four person co-op.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

banacheck

PlayStation 4 is on track to be the largest PlayStation launch in history, numbers are already “way over and above and beyond” the PS2 and PS3’s launch day deposits.

I got a feeling the PS4 will do well,

banacheck

DefHalan

All this forum is now is the Sony and Microsoft fan arguing with Nintendo fans. Can't we all get along and hope for the best from our favorite systems?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

PokeTune

DefHalan wrote:

All this forum is now is the Sony and Microsoft fan arguing with Nintendo fans. Can't we all get along and hope for the best from our favorite systems?

NEVER!

Untitled

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Sleepingmudkip

@PokeTune why are all your post so negitive...i thought all ponys are nice Untitled

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

PokeTune

feline2 wrote:

@PokeTune why are all your post so negitive...i thought all ponys are nice Untitled

Well with Nintendo at the current moment there's not much positive stuff to talk about. Also that post with ''NEVER'' was mostly just harmless fun

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Dreamsleep

Sony_70 wrote:

PS4
DC Universe Online
Drive Club
Killzone Shadowfall
Knack
The Playroom
Resogun
Tiny Brians
War Thunder

Xbox One
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
Lococycle
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Zoo Tycoon

But, it's been apparent for two generations now, that Nintendo no longer actively considers Sony and Microsoft it's competition. Otherwise, it's hardware would be comparable. So, it doesn't really matter, as Nintendo does not care what these two companies release. You may care. I may care. Nintendo doesn't care. If they did care, they would have released a machine comparable to the PS4, and Xbone. They have the money. And, everyone in the industry knew that Sony, and Microsoft, were going to AMD for their chips. Nintendo could have done the same. But, they didn't.

They realized a long time ago, that their first party games sell systems. End of story.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

DefHalan

uptownsoul wrote:

@DefHalan I agree the more consoles on the market in "competition" the more favorable they have to get to the consumer. Which is always good on our wallets. But I will say in the spirit of good debate I like taking friendly jabs at my Nintendo friends.

It just gets tiring watching a good conversation turn into the same posts over and over about how well or bad Nintendo is doing and people using their opinions as facts

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DePapier

DefHalan wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

@DefHalan I agree the more consoles on the market in "competition" the more favorable they have to get to the consumer. Which is always good on our wallets. But I will say in the spirit of good debate I like taking friendly jabs at my Nintendo friends.

It just gets tiring watching a good conversation turn into the same posts over and over about how well or bad Nintendo is doing and people using their opinions as facts

I agree. I feel this is getting really tiresome.

Edited on by DePapier

Relias

Dreamsleep wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

PS4
DC Universe Online
Drive Club
Killzone Shadowfall
Knack
The Playroom
Resogun
Tiny Brians
War Thunder

Xbox One
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
Lococycle
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Zoo Tycoon

But, it's been apparent for two generations now, that Nintendo no longer actively considers Sony and Microsoft it's competition. Otherwise, it's hardware would be comparable. So, it doesn't really matter, as Nintendo does not care what these two companies release. You may care. I may care. Nintendo doesn't care. If they did care, they would have released a machine comparable to the PS4, and Xbone. They have the money. And, everyone in the industry knew that Sony, and Microsoft, were going to AMD for their chips. Nintendo could have done the same. But, they didn't.

They realized a long time ago, that their first party games sell systems. End of story.

Nonsense.. they realized a long time ago even if they came up with the most powerful machine ever.. and fixed all the problems everyone has with their systems.. they would never win.. because everybody (Starting with third parties) would just come up with another excuse not to make games for or buy a Nintendo System.. as thus Nintendo no longer cares.. Every body blames Nintendo for everything.. the fact is.. even when they tried to compete.. truly tried.. everyone left them high and dry.. and told them basically save yourselves.. they did.. and everyone complained again about other issues.. so they can never actually win period.. it does not make sense if you look at it that way that they should try to compete with Sony and Microsoft.. unless the price is right.. .. it just does not make sense..

Edited on by Relias

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

shingi_70

DefHalan wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

Well we can't ignore that they aren't doing well or how the other consoles factor into the mix.

While I personally think the PS4 is the best deal for your Buck this fall Nintendo has a lot going for it. I'm mostly interested in what's exactly coming in the Wind Waker bundle that's rumored to be on the way.

Cool episoide of RFN with interviews of eshop developers.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/35217

WAT!

rallydefault

uptownsoul wrote:

But rallydefault the ps4 has 1M+ preorders or 25% of wii u's install base. Don't forget multiplatforms although not exclusives (obviously) still move consoles & drum up enthusiasm

But why do I care, man? I don't give a flying squirrel that the PS4 has 1million+ preorders. Great. Fantastic. I'm supposed to buy one just because lots of other people are? Ugh... this is the problem with the social networking age we live in. Peer pressure has spread even to fictitious environments. The PS4 AND Xbone launch window games don't appeal to me, and the multiplatform games they are both getting will be better on PC. Activision or Infinity Ward or whoever just admitted that the PC version of CoD: Ghosts WILL be graphically superior to that of the next-gen consoles' versions. That didn't take too long, did it?

I bought a Nintendo console because it's the only one that will consistently give me excellent games I can't find anywhere else AND a control method that can't be reproduced consistently and by default anywhere else. Even Kinect is made for PCs, if you didn't know. The Wii U gamepad is not. For Sony's sake I will say that Knack looks interesting and I hope it works out, but aside from that ... meh. Killzone? DriveClub? I hope the PS4 launch window gets as much criticism (or more) as the Wii U did.

rallydefault

Sleepingmudkip

rallydefault wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

But rallydefault the ps4 has 1M+ preorders or 25% of wii u's install base. Don't forget multiplatforms although not exclusives (obviously) still move consoles & drum up enthusiasm

But why do I care, man? I don't give a flying squirrel that the PS4 has 1million+ preorders. Great. Fantastic. I'm supposed to buy one just because lots of other people are? Ugh... this is the problem with the social networking age we live in. Peer pressure has spread even to fictitious environments. The PS4 AND Xbone launch window games don't appeal to me, and the multiplatform games they are both getting will be better on PC. Activision or Infinity Ward or whoever just admitted that the PC version of CoD: Ghosts WILL be graphically superior to that of the next-gen consoles' versions. That didn't take too long, did it?

I bought a Nintendo console because it's the only one that will consistently give me excellent games I can't find anywhere else AND a control method that can't be reproduced consistently and by default anywhere else. Even Kinect is made for PCs, if you didn't know. The Wii U gamepad is not. For Sony's sake I will say that Knack looks interesting and I hope it works out, but aside from that ... meh. Killzone? DriveClub? I hope the PS4 launch window gets as much criticism (or more) as the Wii U did.

The dang TRUTH

Sleepingmudkip

rallydefault wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

The dang TRUTH

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.