Wii U Forum

Topic: Will Wii U take off this winter season?

Showing 181 to 200 of 384

AuthorMessage

Ryno

181. Posted:

Hey @moomoo, Yes I have seen the Xbox One launch lineup and that is why I disagreed when I orginally read @Sony_70’s opinion “Have to say despite this and being $500 the Xbox One is looking to be the console to beat on games alone.” Admittedly, I was probably being a little bit to general with the brown apocalypse games and I too fall victim to lazy Internet cliché’s from time to like in this case when I lumped Ryse, COD, Battlefield, that description. Anyway, I am jglad that Nintendo is doing their own thing and I have the option to switch to playing on my GamePad on the fly when another member of my family wants to use the TV.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

182. Posted:

I just saw the PS4's launch-window titles. I like Nintendo and everything, but I'm mainly a PC gamer and consider myself mostly platform agnostic when it comes to consoles (still between PS4 or Xbone), but MAN that launch list is boring - it's a whole bunch of third-party stuff available on all platforms plus Drive Club, Killzone, and Knack. Whoopteedoo. And everyone said the Wii U had a bad launch lineup? Please reevaluate. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of that going on when these new consoles launch.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

uptownsoul

183. Posted:

@faint do you have the chart showing the pikmin 3 numbers? Or could you link the chart

uptownsoul

AuthorMessage

uptownsoul

184. Posted:

But rallydefault the ps4 has 1M+ preorders or 25% of wii u's install base. Don't forget multiplatforms although not exclusives (obviously) still move consoles & drum up enthusiasm

uptownsoul

AuthorMessage

faint

185. Posted:

@uptownsoul

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41497/USA/

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

186. Posted:

Even considering the Zelda Wind Waker bundle that will be announced next month I think the Wii U is a hard sale compared to the PS4. The Wii U could really do with a pretty decent price cut to make the gap more noticeable.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

faint

187. Posted:

Meh I don't care about the console wars. I think the wii u will out sell the Game Cube and 64. That's all I care about.

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

188. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

I've got the PS4 pre-ordered and I've always loved Nintendo's first party games and know the selling power they have, and there's no doubt the Wii U sales will pick up this holiday. That out of the way, I've got to admit, Xbox One is the system to beat. Yes, it's $500 and MS' initial plans were complete garbage but looking just strictly at games the X1's day-one library is fantastic. It crushes what the U had and I'm not sure Sony can match it as far as quantity. I'll wait until the end of Gamescom before saying I made a major mistake but MS is off to a great start and no matter what the other two have coming out this fall, I expect at least in North America, Xbox One will easily be the next-gen sales leader.

lolno

I personally think that Nintendo's the worst of the three game line ups overall

Nintendo has games that you can't just get on PC or PS4 instead so I can't agree.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Dark_Link

189. Posted:

Nintendo has seen an increase in Wii U sales in all regions since the release of Pikmin 3. I feel the system will start getting a more consistent bump in sales when Sonic and the Zelda bundle are released.

Dark_Link

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

190. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

I've got the PS4 pre-ordered and I've always loved Nintendo's first party games and know the selling power they have, and there's no doubt the Wii U sales will pick up this holiday. That out of the way, I've got to admit, Xbox One is the system to beat. Yes, it's $500 and MS' initial plans were complete garbage but looking just strictly at games the X1's day-one library is fantastic. It crushes what the U had and I'm not sure Sony can match it as far as quantity. I'll wait until the end of Gamescom before saying I made a major mistake but MS is off to a great start and no matter what the other two have coming out this fall, I expect at least in North America, Xbox One will easily be the next-gen sales leader.

lolno

I personally think that Nintendo's the worst of the three game line ups overall

Nintendo has games that you can't just get on PC or PS4 instead so I can't agree.

Well availability of the games doesn't factor into if a lineup is better than others or not. I could name PS4 games that won't be going to the other consoles or PC's as well. I do agree if you have a gaming PC than a Wii U is a logical next step. However me like most of the mass market aren't PC gamers and in the race for Consoles I find Nintendo has the least diverse line up of both first and third party content.

Still a good line up mind you and speaks to the strength of all three next gen consoles to be honest.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

191. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Have to say despite this and being $500 the Xbox One is looking to be the console to beat on games alone.

I found the Xbox One launch list to be pretty meh personally. Nothing there that would make me happy about spending $500+. I probably will have a similar attitude toward the PS4's launch lineup too. I'm just over the brown depressing apocalyptic settings frequently featured in the games of today.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Brown shooters indeed.

that' the best you got. I'm not convinced, outside of being mildy interested in Kiler Instinct the rest look like generic trash. Knack for the PS4 looks pretty lousy as well. I've lost hope for most western devs. ;) Plus, i'm sure they're all using traditional controls....Not a big fan of 3D games with traditional controls, and i gaurantee these are just more PS3/XBOX experiences with a visual face lift. far from exciting.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

192. Posted:

We get a brah you have a hard one for quote on quote non genric games (despite all of nintendo's art styles this fall blending together or doing nothing truly new) and control styles that nintendo hasn't even shown any merit in.

If you think those art styles are generic I fear what you think is Unique.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

193. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@Sony_70: $500+ to play those or games with worlds set in brown depressing apocalyptic settings? No thank you.

This, i would drop $50 though to play the new Killer Instinct. :p
Seriously though everything i've seen on the one and PS4 just doesn't interest me, at this point the only current games i find that i'm playing most of the time are from Nintendo, with a splash of Capcom and whoever else. But even Capcom's catalgue has been getting less appealing over the years....They've sold out just as bad Konami, hell most of their titles feel like they've been developed my western devs these days. Most videogames these days are severely overrated as it is, I've been gaming for around 24 years now and mostly looking for unique and one of a kind experience, not more of the same crap with a new coat of paint.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

MAB

194. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Have to say despite this and being $500 the Xbox One is looking to be the console to beat on games alone.

I found the Xbox One launch list to be pretty meh personally. Nothing there that would make me happy about spending $500+. I probably will have a similar attitude toward the PS4's launch lineup too. I'm just over the brown depressing apocalyptic settings frequently featured in the games of today.

Xenoblade ripoff
Untitled
Wind Waker clone
Untitled
Old Nintendo fighter that failed against Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken & Virtua Fighter ;)
Untitled
W101 copy
Untitled
Wii Sports/Wave Race 64
Untitled

The same tired and boring games I can play right now on .

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

Cyberbotv2

195. Posted:

The arguments here are foolish. The PS3 and Xbox are going to be fairly attractive this winter. The hardcore will pick up the new consoles but it's the same games on the old and next gen. That's why I didn't buy a WiiU to start. I didn't see anything that differentiated the system. Recently, I realized I have a girlfriend and off tv play would probably benefit us all. Also I saw that the gamepads being utilized justifying me purchasing a few weeks ago. Look, no ones going to be winning the console war this winter other than the 3DS, so get on board and enjoy the games.

Cyberbotv2

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

196. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Wind Waker clone
Untitled

Starring everybodies favorite Jungle dude Mowgli from the Jungle Book.
Untitled
I don't expect much from Western devs these days, unless you're Retro studios, Next Level or WayForward ;)
Why can't these silly western devs invest these big budgets in brand new side scrollers, i'm so sick & tired of twin stick controlled 3D gaming.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

197. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Xenoblade ripoff
Untitled
Wind Waker clone
Untitled
Old Nintendo fighter that failed against Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken & Virtua Fighter ;)
Untitled
W101 copy
Untitled
Wii Sports/Wave Race 64
Untitled

How can the first game be a X ripoff when its a game ina series that not only predates xenoblade but what X and Xenoblad looked to inspiration from.

A wind waker clone that plays nothing like it and has more in common with ico or Journy.

A beat em up in the same vein as Crash looks like W101 how.

Yet the reboot is looking pormising and the fighting game community are gushing over it,

Isn't that like saying pikmin 3 is a warcraft clone with a dash of Whimisy.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

brooks83

198. Posted:

DePapier wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

DePapier wrote:

WebHead wrote:

DePapier wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Hmm...maybe it will, maybe it won't if it doesn't this year it probably will next year. To those saying GTA V won't effect TW101 because it's on different platforms...do you mean to tell me not one single Wii U owner also has a PS3 and/or 360? lol.

When you have the disposable income to buy a Wii U in its doom period while owning a PS3, surely you expect and can afford both. Does that answer your concern?

Yes but here's the thing: GTA V will get easily fives times whatever marketing TW101 gets. I can almost promise you the Wii U owners that have a PS3 or 360 will buy GTA V before they buy TW101. I'm not a GTA fan, but I tell it how I see it.

We've had this discussion before on these forums and you'd be amazed at how many of us are actually going for The Wonderful 101 instead.

On a Nintendo themed forum? Who would have thought?

Listen, brooks, we're here talking about people who own both the Wii U & a PS360 and they are prefering the Wii U game. Tell me what friend of yours that have a PS360 and is eager to buy GTA V:
1. even owns a Wii U
2. even knows what The Wonderful 101 is.
I'll be waiting.

I really don't have that many gamer friends, and I have no idea whether they know about or want the Wonderful 101. And I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. Are you saying people on this forum are picking Wonderful 101 over GTAV, or people in general?

brooks83

AuthorMessage

skywake

199. Posted:

uptownsoul wrote:

Well actually I was referring to the games. And the clearest, most tangible statistical evidence of enthusiasm for an already released console is the preorders for upcoming GAMES on said console. Hence, the aforementioned chart of US preorders sans any wii u titles.

Not entirely. You need to look at the whole picture.

Last year CoD:BO2 on 350 was the best selling game in the US of the year selling 6.1mill units. Six weeks before launch, the same time before launch as the last VGChartz pre-order chart for GTA, it had 1.2mill pre-orders. Scrolling down the list and you get to New SMB 2 which was the 10th best selling game of 2012 with 1.6mill units. Not too shabby all things considered but an entirely different audience. It wasn't on the pre-order charts 'till 3 weeks before launch even with little holiday blockbusters to compete for placings with. At that point it only had 38k pre-orders.

And you're trying to argue that the W101 is failing to get any hype within its target audience because of GTA? Is anyone talking about how poorly Paper Mario on the 3DS sold because it launched in the same week as CoD:BO2? Or do we recognise that they are designed for entirely different audiences?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

200. Posted:

I think some the Xbox One games are looking pretty good, but I don't think any of these games will really draw anyone away from one or the other. I already have a Wii U, and at this point, I would say Xbox One is as close as people are going to the impossible expectations everyone seems to have these days, at least in regards to Nintendo.

If you look at all the games available, every single one of them is the same ol', same ol' with new visuals and some extra/more gameplay. That's fine, but all the consoles are doing it. The only games that are really new are the IPs like Ryse.
Knack is new, but I don't see anything I can't get anywhere else with that game.

I really don't see why people have doubted the Wii U so much. The way things currently are is not how the entire 8th gen will play out, and with all the criticism the Wii U has gotten for the past 2 years with alot of it being for no reason, expectations are through the roof for other consoles, and I haven't seen much of anything so far that proves that 2 years of complaints were justified.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²