Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U versus Wii: the magic

Showing 1 to 20 of 23

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

1. Posted:

Is the Wii U as magical as the Wii in your opinion?

I don't think it's as attractive as the Wii was. The game setup is a little more complicated and Nintendo Land has a hub rather than a menu, and notably more games. Nintendo Land is more like Wii Play Motion than the first Wii Play.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shrapmo

2. Posted:

You don't feel the magic of the already tight-knit community? I feel it is more "magical" than the Wii because right out of the starting gate it connected me with a world full of gamers that are just like me! :) I remember my first time playing Black Ops 2 and I got confused at a certain part in the campaign, so I hoped on Miiverse and within minutes of asking for advise 7 others were giving me friendly advice and encouragement. That's pretty friggin "magical" in my book. Friendship is Magic!!!!

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

3. Posted:

The verdict seems to me anyway that the wii u doesn't match the wii in terms of "magic" or creating a buzz; though its probably asking a bit much to do so really pretty sure each consecutive nintendo console sold less than the last until the wii, it stood out and attracted some pretty neat niche titles sadly too many didn't get the sales they really deserved, wii u seems to be attracting more of what the PS360 already does imo, or at least attempting to which just doesn't interest me so far.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zaganh

4. Posted:

you can open the menu on Nintendo land and pic a game or walk to the game in the hub or take the train =D i think the wii u is the most magical concole out its so much fun more than what i expected i love it !

nintendo id zaganh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

5. Posted:

The Wii was magical because you could bowl, play tennis, etc. Nintendo Land has a bunch of silly minigames. Nintendo needs to release a Wii Sports U.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

nocode

6. Posted:

The_Ink_Pit_Ox wrote:

The Wii was magical because you could bowl, play tennis, etc. Nintendo Land has a bunch of silly minigames. Nintendo needs to release a Wii Sports U.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rpPYQfVBSAeEnY2bUNZM8Hum...

nocode

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2314-1034 | Nintendo Network ID: nocode

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Clacko

7. Posted:

rogerwilco wrote:

The_Ink_Pit_Ox wrote:

The Wii was magical because you could bowl, play tennis, etc. Nintendo Land has a bunch of silly minigames. Nintendo needs to release a Wii Sports U.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rpPYQfVBSAeEnY2bUNZM8Hum...

That's no Wii Sports U!
http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/espn_sports_connection

Clacko

Nintendo Network ID: Clacko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

8. Posted:

The_Ink_Pit_Ox wrote:

The Wii was magical because you could bowl, play tennis, etc. Nintendo Land has a bunch of silly minigames. Nintendo needs to release a Wii Sports U.

Hmmm, yes. Sports game on a touch screen. It'd be really revolutionary. I'd like to see the WOW factor it brings when people go "Look! I can swipe the direction that I want to bowl! SPORTS!"

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

9. Posted:

At the surface? No its not anywhere near as much of a "wow factor" the Wii had.

However, playing Nintendo Land for the first time, in my opinion, was quite the magical experience. The game, and the system itself, has a lot of charm. Right down to the menu music and presentation. Of course, the GamePad concept really is neat once you get adjusted to it.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

10. Posted:

My brother, cousin, and I had a blast playing Metroid Blast as 3 player. We haven't finished all the extra missions, but we completed all the main missions(not all mastered though). Wii Sports and Wii altogether killed competition in terms of group game playing, at least from my perspective. My family was over from Washington and California when I went to lauch, and everyone couldn't stop playing bowling(or any of the sports). As much as everyone hated boxing, we eventually figured out how to control it and have fun. Wii was definately a big thing, now it's just adding HD and more features that mainstream stuff has, butbit's still cool. You can still play Wii Sport(Resort), so there's not really a problem.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

11. Posted:

Wii U is a hell lot better than Wii :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

12. Posted:

The GamePad doesn't really lend itself to sports games and the best stuff in Nintendo Land (the chasing games) aren't as easy to grasp as bowling was. It's cool and fun and you can burn hours on it but I don't see people first seeing it saying "I must get one of these" like they did with the Wii.

That said a Wii Sports U is a given. I get why it's not there yet but it really does need to come eventually. Doesn't need to use the GamePad in any special way either, that Golf demo was a good enough demo of the sort of stuff we should expect. Having the bowling scoreboard on the GamePad is equally just as good. Probably the most you'd want to use it would be with a new version of BaseBall where you could have a third player controlling the fielders. Those sorts of things.... doesn't need to be anymore complicated.... wouldn't recapture the magic... but would give more people a reason to buy a Wii U.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

13. Posted:

The Wii U definitely has "magic" to me. Actually, owning a Wii U has revitalized the "magic" of my Wii.
I don't know about you, but I feel really happy when I turn on the Wii U and watch hundreds of Miis pour into the Wara Wara Plaza.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

14. Posted:

The_Ink_Pit_Ox wrote:

Is the Wii U as magical as the Wii in your opinion?

I don't think it's as attractive as the Wii was. The game setup is a little more complicated and Nintendo Land has a hub rather than a menu, and notably more games. Nintendo Land is more like Wii Play Motion than the first Wii Play.

The HUB is optionally, actually. Pressing the Y button will allow the player to open up a menu displaying every mini game. Saves time walking there.

Also, most of the mini games boast plenty of replay value unlike Wii Sports, Play, whatever. Hard to compare, really.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hyrule

15. Posted:

Definitely got the magic feeling when unboxing it and playing it for the first time. Nintendoland is far better at showcasing the Wii U, than Wii Sports was at showcasing the Wii. The different uses of the gamepad, the asymmetric gameplay, the amount of hours spent playing Mario Chase, Luigi's Ghost Mansion, Animal Crossing Sweet Day, all with 5 people having a blast. The clean smooth interface, the absolutely incredible Miiverse, and a fresh new gaming experience. How can you not feel the magic

Any company where the CEO takes a 50% paycut due to a slightly underperforming product, and personally apologises to its customers, cannot have bad customer service. Period.

Love Live Nintendo!

Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlatantlyHeroic

16. Posted:

The_Ink_Pit_Ox wrote:

The Wii was magical because you could bowl, play tennis, etc. Nintendo Land has a bunch of silly minigames. Nintendo needs to release a Wii Sports U.

I'd rather play a Zelda Mini game than play freaking bowling.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

17. Posted:

I think I've felt more magic with the Wii U for a few reasons. A. I'm older than I was when I got the Wii. B. I had played the Wii a good few times before I got )it was about a year after launch while I had just held the controller at a demo station (didn't play the demo) with the Wii U. C. I had more fun with the three competitive nintendo land games with three freinds than I ever did with Wii Sports.

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DashChargedShot

18. Posted:

I can't really compare, as I didn't get a Wii at launch, or care for a couple years, but here's my opinion anyways.

The Wii was more magical, so to speak. It was completely new and stuck up to its codename, Revolution.

The Wii U doesn't quite have that magic until you start playing it. I got to play one at a GameStop and the feeling that went through me was very, very magical. The abilitly to control the TV with a touchscreen and interact with videogames that way is amazing. I can't wait to get one on or around Christmas, and I know even now I'll be playing it all week.

8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!

My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi.

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ducutzu

19. Posted:

@ The_Ink_Pit_Ox:

Get a Wii U first, then we'll talk.

Ducutzu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Uriel_PikpikVII

20. Posted:

I think the Wii U is much more magical, but that might just be because it is the first system I got on launch day.

Edited on by Uriel_PikpikVII

Play Dysfunctional Systems. Seriously. Do it now!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man