Forums

Topic: Wii U Marketing Slogan

Posts 21 to 40 of 85

3Daniel

sykotek wrote:

Wii U: No VC for Wii, No VC for U!

Fav!

3DS FC 2878-9587-9759
3Daniel - 3DS tag/wiiu id/colors id
wawigi #1

Vincent294

Lordlz wrote:

Wii U mad Sony?

PS4 slogan: "Yes. So we copied you. You mad?" or "I have fury!" Sony stole motion control w/ the Move. They stole the Wii U ahead of time w/ Vita + PS3 connectivity. They stole Streetpass w/ the Near feature. What they need is to do is get an original idea.

Vincent294

Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

sykotek

The last one was just a joke, but here is a serious one I thought up.

Here, Wii U is short for Wii University (tons of potential).

I imagine commercials would consist of a cast of various Nintendo characters walking around a school campus, giving lectures as teachers, playing sports/coaching, causing trouble (like Wario/Waluigi) and being forced to sit in detention (young children won't necessarily know there is no such thing as detention at the university level) etc. ...of course, the headmaster would need to be Mario.

...and here are a few slogans to get you started:
Wii U: Get schooled
Wii U: Play smarter
Wii U: Your future awaits

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Vincent294

Wii would like to play with U. I can see it.

Vincent294

Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

3Daniel

sykotek wrote:

The last one was just a joke, but here is a serious one I thought up.

Here, Wii U is short for Wii University (tons of potential).

I imagine commercials would consist of a cast of various Nintendo characters walking around a school campus, giving lectures as teachers, playing sports/coaching, causing trouble (like Wario/Waluigi) and being forced to sit in detention (young children won't necessarily know there is no such thing as detention at the university level) etc. ...of course, the headmaster would need to be Mario.

...and here are a few slogans to get you started:
Wii U: Get schooled
Wii U: Play smarter
Wii U: Your future awaits

This reminds me of Sega Dreamcast's commercial with all the various characters walking around inside the console. Those were awesome.

3DS FC 2878-9587-9759
3Daniel - 3DS tag/wiiu id/colors id
wawigi #1

Bankai

PS4 slogan: "Yes. So we copied you. You mad?" or "I have fury!" Sony stole motion control w/ the Move. They stole the Wii U ahead of time w/ Vita + PS3 connectivity. They stole Streetpass w/ the Near feature. What they need is to do is get an original idea.

Sigh. Nintendo fans.

Sony didn't steal anything, and more than Nintendo stole the idea of making a games console from Atari.

But here's the really big one: The PS3 was able to steam content to the PSP (not the Vita, the PSP), before the Wii U was even announced.

HOLY CRAP NINTENDO STOLE THE WII U FROM SONY!

But let's not let such a trivial thing as a fact or the truth get in the way of blind fanboyism

Bankai

sykotek wrote:

The last one was just a joke, but here is a serious one I thought up.

Here, Wii U is short for Wii University (tons of potential).

I imagine commercials would consist of a cast of various Nintendo characters walking around a school campus, giving lectures as teachers, playing sports/coaching, causing trouble (like Wario/Waluigi) and being forced to sit in detention (young children won't necessarily know there is no such thing as detention at the university level) etc. ...of course, the headmaster would need to be Mario.

...and here are a few slogans to get you started:
Wii U: Get schooled
Wii U: Play smarter
Wii U: Your future awaits

Apple would take issue with that. iTunes U. Apple is more militant than most about protecting its trademarks.

sykotek

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Apple would take issue with that. iTunes U. Apple is more militant than most about protecting its trademarks.

I don't know how it is in Australia, but the letter U is an accepted and pretty well known abbreviation for University, at least, in the United States and the letter U does not belong to Apple.

Apple can no more trademark the use of the letter U than they can prevent other companies from using i as the first letter for their products.
Untitled

Edited on by sykotek

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Bankai

sykotek wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Apple would take issue with that. iTunes U. Apple is more militant than most about protecting its trademarks.

I don't know how it is in Australia, but the letter U is an accepted and pretty well known abbreviation for University, at least, in the United States and the letter U does not belong to Apple.

Apple can no more trademark the use of the letter U than they can prevent other companies from using i as the first letter for their products.
Untitled

You really think that's going to stop Apple from trying? Apple can afford a bigger, longer legal case that Nintendo.

BlueDrizzle

King_Boo wrote:

Wii heard U
Wii know what U want
Now Wii give U what U want
U want it, Wii got it

Nintendo Enthusiast
Formerly "BlueAce127"

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4126-8318-7101 (Defunct)
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 (Mario Kart 7 online races)
Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127 (3DS-only)

You can find me on: MyAnimeList

Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127

CorporalPegasus

Wiiiiiuuuuuuuuwiiiiiiiiuuuuuuwiiiiiiiuuuuuuwiiuuuuuuuuuuu!

Vibes and low lights

Knux

Wii know Wii sucked, but will U try us again?

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Jamouse

Knux wrote:

Wii know Wii sucked, but will U try us again?

XD

Jamouse

Radixxs

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

sykotek wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Apple would take issue with that. iTunes U. Apple is more militant than most about protecting its trademarks.

I don't know how it is in Australia, but the letter U is an accepted and pretty well known abbreviation for University, at least, in the United States and the letter U does not belong to Apple.

Apple can no more trademark the use of the letter U than they can prevent other companies from using i as the first letter for their products.
Untitled

You really think that's going to stop Apple from trying? Apple can afford a bigger, longer legal case that Nintendo.

I hope to god you're joking.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

LordTendoboy

Wii put it inside U

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[strong]PSN ID...

shingi_70

@radixx

go look up apple patent disputes. they don't give a **** at all.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic