Forums

Topic: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Posts 341 to 360 of 582

Haru17

Oh, man, have you guys played Dragon Edge? It's the newest multiplatform killer app!

Also, guys, 90% of literally everything is garbage in contrast with the best bits, especially in anthropogenic matters like art. We only end up caring about the exception to that rule.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

UGXwolf

I said it before and I'll continue to say it until it sinks in. 3rd parties won't come to Nintendo unless the audience is there, it's easy to port to, and Nintendo lays off the releases for a couple years. I don't like saying things can't happen, but this is definitely looking like something that won't be happening. Not because Nintendo is stubborn. Not because the hardware is too weak. Not even because of Nintendrones or crappy 3rd parties. Simply because that's just business. What Do 3rd parties stand to gain from porting to any Nintendo console that justifies the risk of losing out die to high porting costs and audiences that would prefer to play games that are made by a company tgey clearly respect, as they tristed them enough to buy the console in the first place. It's not a gamble any sane person would go for.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Bolt_Strike

Haru17 wrote:

Oh, man, have you guys played Dragon Edge? It's the newest multiplatform killer app!

Also, guys, 90% of literally everything is garbage in contrast with the best bits, especially in anthropogenic matters like art. Wee only end up caring about the exception to that rule.

Tell that to the people throwing money at CoD and NSMB.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Also, guys, 90% of literally everything is garbage in contrast with the best bits, especially in anthropogenic matters like art. Wee only end up caring about the exception to that rule.

Tell that to the people throwing money at CoD and NSMB.

Some of us don't care that it treads old ground. It's fun ground to tread. The level design is all you have to change to make a fresh experience, as evidenced by Super Mario Maker.

Sean_Aaron

"Dragon Edge" - isn't that some kind of Nextflix anime series? Did you mean Dragon Age, the fantasy action RPG thing that's been around for a couple of sequels already? Was that post even serious?

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Haru17

Sean_Aaron wrote:

"Dragon Edge" - isn't that some kind of Nextflix anime series? Did you mean Dragon Age, the fantasy action RPG thing that's been around for a couple of sequels already? Was that post even serious?

I was referencing a post that said EA was doing cool things with 'Mirror Age.'

Edited on by Haru17

rallydefault

Haru17 wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I was referencing a post that said EA was doing cool things with 'Mirror Age.'

lol...oh gosh...

Mirror's Edge was awesome, though. Startling, given that "about" 90% of third-party games are absolute garbage.

rallydefault

UGXwolf

Yeah, no, Haru's right. 90% of all creations are utter garbage. Doesn't mean people won't find a way to enjoy the bad ones, but most of what you find is going to have more than enough problems to qualify as bad to the right person.

beautifulstrong

This conversation has nothing to do with the wii u or the nx! I'm confused.

beautifulstrong

Sean_Aaron

Ah, yes that makes sense now, Mr 17. This thread should die, really, it's overlapping with threads in the NX board and the E3 thread in this one too much and it's confusing!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Haru17

This thread's OP went off topic the second after their press conference and it would have inevitably been mutt by E3 2016 so w/e, jus' go with it...

Edited on by Haru17

Araquanid

In the end I predicted this thread to get locked anyway, either by detrail or flaming. We have a mix of both.

Might as well let it run it's course.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

UGXwolf

Haru17 wrote:

This thread's OP went off topic the second after their press conference and it would have inevitably been mute by E3 2016 so w/e, jus' go with it...

I don't feel like this year's conference had any real effect on the actual topic of this thread. Just brought the doomsayers out of hiding. And I'm gonna assume you mean "moot" instead of "mute." Not trying to make a point by correcting you. Just making sure I know what you meant.

Azooooz

Well, it's time to say goodbye to this thread which went off-topic by the OP.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Haru17

Pretty sure the mods don't like people calling for threads to be closed.

And this was the last E3, the last good opportunity for huge announcements for first party AAAs this year. Do you think the games they announce at E3 2016 will be for Wii U? Hell no; they need to hype up NX. Nintendo Directs are always nice, but they're for additional information or the announcement of smaller titles. And said presentations will not magically pull an entire other year of Wii U games out of their sleeves.

UGXwolf

Haru17 wrote:

Pretty sure the mods don't like people calling for threads to be closed.

And this was the last E3, the last good opportunity for huge announcements for first party AAAs this year. Do you think the games they announce at E3 2016 will be for Wii U? Hell no; they need to hype up NX. Nintendo Directs are always nice, but they're for additional information or the announcement of smaller titles. And said presentations will not magically pull an entire other year of Wii U games out of their sleeves.

I think they'd be pretty stupid not to fully support the Wii U until the NX is less than a minor gaming drought away. Not saying Nintendo hasn't or won't do this, but I would hope they'd learned from when they pulled that with the Wii. And what do we know about that's coming in 2016 to the Wii U? Devil's Third? SMTxFE? Potentially Zelda U, which may also get pushed back further? You really think they're only gonna have three games, next year? Potentially two?

Haru17

Well, Nintendo's story has been all about limited resources in the last several years, so I think it would be folly not to take that into account. The way I see it either the NX launches either Nov. 2016 and the current Wii U games all come out before then (sans Kickstarter) or the NX launches Nov. 2017, the last AAA Wii U games come out in 2016 (sans Zelda U in 2017) and there is another late Wii era-like drought, like you mentioned.

There is, of course, the third and obviously worst option, which hinges on Nintendo being very, very stupid, that many people seem to be foolishly asking for. That Nintendo will die on the cross of the Wii U, release more AAA games for it, launch another console with no games, and fail, potentially being forced to become a third party publisher by market forces. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Edited on by Haru17

rallydefault

If this thread is closed, I just want to say: I'll miss you guys. It was awesome. Remember that one time when that guy said that thing? And that other guy got mad? And then that porcupine just flew in out of nowhere and...

rallydefault

Haru17

Porcupines tend not to like nihilism.

martinskrtel37

Haru17 wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

All this talk about third parties. Tell me, what exactly do people wish they had access to on Wii U? Seems to just be complaints that we don't get those boring, generic, dark, mysterious, vampire slaying, demon eating, cutscene playing rehashes of the same simple story. Lol. That and the latest EA Sports games. I don't feel I've missed out on anything for years. I genuinely wonder what people are missing so bad - or do they just want "third party support" but no real idea as to what?

I will now laugh for 4 lines.

HAHA
LOL
TEEHEE
LOLagain

*To minimize ambiguity, know that this laughter is directed at you, not, in fact, with you.

good one kid. still wondering what i'm missing out on. what's kept you occupied? teletubbies?

p.s. you have made the List Of Users I Don't Like with iKahn and the pokemon loving dweeb, well done. try and redeem yourself, i dare you.

Edited on by Eel

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.