Forums

Topic: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Posts 321 to 340 of 582

Haru17

martinskrtel37 wrote:

All this talk about third parties. Tell me, what exactly do people wish they had access to on Wii U? Seems to just be complaints that we don't get those boring, generic, dark, mysterious, vampire slaying, demon eating, cutscene playing rehashes of the same simple story. Lol. That and the latest EA Sports games. I don't feel I've missed out on anything for years. I genuinely wonder what people are missing so bad - or do they just want "third party support" but no real idea as to what?

I will now laugh for 4 lines.

HAHA
LOL
TEEHEE
LOLagain*

*To minimize ambiguity, know that this laughter is directed at you, not, in fact, with you.

Edited on by Eel

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Bolt_Strike

martinskrtel37 wrote:

All this talk about third parties. Tell me, what exactly do people wish they had access to on Wii U? Seems to just be complaints that we don't get those boring, generic, dark, mysterious, vampire slaying, demon eating, cutscene playing rehashes of the same simple story. Lol. That and the latest EA Sports games. I don't feel I've missed out on anything for years. I genuinely wonder what people are missing so bad - or do they just want "third party support" but no real idea as to what?

Yeah, I find the vast majority of third party games to leave much to be desired thanks to many of them being very similar in tone and gameplay. I couldn't care less if we get the latest Generic Military Shooter 17, Gritty Action Game 13, or Boring Medieval Fantasy RPG 5.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget Generic Car Racing Sim 23.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

You people are even parodies of the parodies of yourselves...

Sean_Aaron

martinskrtel37 wrote:

I can't disagree, there's nothing drawing me to another console and I've seen the reviews for Bloodborne and other games. If these are the system sellers, then those systems aren't for me. Feel free to say I'm not a "real gamer" or whatever and that "everyone" must play these games or their lives are wasted, etc.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Grumblevolcano

Bolt_Strike wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Yeah, I find the vast majority of third party games to leave much to be desired thanks to many of them being very similar in tone and gameplay. I couldn't care less if we get the latest Generic Military Shooter 17, Gritty Action Game 13, or Boring Medieval Fantasy RPG 5.

You say that but when the Nintendo consoles have literally none of them then you see huge gaps in the genres the console provides. Main third party games generally don't cover that many genres but neither does Nintendo's first party games. For example the vast majority of Wii U first party games can be categorised as either 2D platformer or party game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

Bolt_Strike wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Ahhhhh.... this line of reasoning is so overdone and so darn flawed. It reeks of obstinacy and ignorance. You realize that, right? You are literally committing the sin of stereotyping, something that you'll be the first up in arms against when people do it against Nintendo - "Turtle Jumping Simulator version 29!"

We know that stereotype isn't true around these parts, so what the heck makes you think your "Gritty Action Game 13" is true? Very childish, very frustrating. Such a close-minded way of thinking.

rallydefault

UGXwolf

rallydefault wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Ahhhhh.... this line of reasoning is so overdone and so darn flawed. It reeks of obstinacy and ignorance. You realize that, right? You are literally committing the sin of stereotyping, something that you'll be the first up in arms against when people do it against Nintendo - "Turtle Jumping Simulator version 29!"

We know that stereotype isn't true around these parts, so what the heck makes you think your "Gritty Action Game 13" is true? Very childish, very frustrating. Such a close-minded way of thinking.

Actually, Bolt_Strike is usually the one saying "turtle jumping simulator 29." He's made it excessively clear he has little but disdain for most recent 2D Platformers.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

jump

rallydefault wrote:

"Turtle Jumping Simulator version 29!".

What a load of rubbish! You jump over mushrooms, blankets with masks and...erm...you jump over centipedes too

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo isn't that much better... now. Previous generations they've had better variety though and they've actually made their sequels legitimately interesting.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

TuVictus

I think the thought process of Nintendo-exclusive fans is "If it's not on our console, 3rd parties are terrible and only make generic games."

TuVictus

dumedum

Operative wrote:

I think the thought process of Nintendo-exclusive fans is "If it's not on our console, 3rd parties are terrible and only make generic games."

Its kinda true. Unless it's PC. There you have some unique games like RTS.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

DefHalan

Operative wrote:

I think the thought process of Sony-exclusive or Microsoft-exclusive fans is "If it is not on our console, those companies are terrible and only make generic 'kid' games."

EDIT: PC-exclusive fans are to busy cooking their ramen and trying to save for the next steam sale to see anything the other systems have.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Haru17

dumedum wrote:

Operative wrote:

Lol, people acting like stupid purists. Go home you compromised fanboys and girls, stop spewing your ignorance.

rallydefault

Haru17 wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Operative wrote:

Lol, people acting like stupid purists. Go home you compromised fanboys and girls, stop spewing your ignorance.

On this, the 30th day of June, I actually agree with @Haru17.

rallydefault

Araquanid

rallydefault wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Operative wrote:

On this, the 30th day of June, I actually agree with @Haru17.

Untitled
Impossible...

Nah, but really though, the last time I asked myself when will nintendo come up with a third party game that I'll more than likely ignore or pass over for another console verison that I already own, was never. Just like CoD came out for the wii and DS, but nobody actually played it on those consoles.. it was just an option for those desperate to play it without an xbox.

Want to buy a wii just to play the next zelda game without having to make effort and unplug the wii to plug in your xbox so you can play Call of Duty? WELL NOW YOU CAAAAAAAN!!!!

In reality, all third party support will do is increase the wii u library, but availablility =/= demand. The ONLY third party game I've ever seen people actually beg for was minecraft (ew) but other than that, the majority of them that we did get were never shown interest, got bad reviews (which we can't blame nintendo for huehue) or just became the definition of controversy. (Binding of isaac)

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

TuVictus

dumedum wrote:

Operative wrote:

That's just silly. It's not true. Nintendo would be lucky to have the 3rd party library that the other consoles receive. Unfortunately, that is not the case. And I hope they fix it in the future, no matter how long it takes.

TuVictus

Sleepingmudkip

I for the most part exclusively play Nintendo but I do not think all 3rd parties are terrible. While I think EA and ubisoft may not be the best companies, I respect a lot of 3rd parties games that do not come to nintendo such as mirror age, fallout 4, kingdom hearts 3 and persona 5.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Operative wrote:

I don't quite think that way, every once in a while there is a third party game that actually catches my attention, but about 90% of third party games are generic garbage.

Bolt_Strike

rallydefault

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Operative wrote:

I don't quite think that way, every once in a while there is a third party game that actually catches my attention, but about 90% of third party games are generic garbage.

So says @Bolt_Strike. Therefore, FACT. FACT, people. There you have it. 90%.

Edit: I'm sorry, "about" 90%

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Bolt_Strike

rallydefault wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Operative wrote:

So says @Bolt_Strike. Therefore, FACT. FACT, people. There you have it. 90%.

Edit: I'm sorry, "about" 90%

And how exactly does that come off as treating an opinion as fact?

Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.