Forums

Topic: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Posts 361 to 380 of 582

Haru17

Because agism as an insult, on the internet no less, is incredibly novel.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MsJubilee

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

All this talk about third parties. Tell me, what exactly do people wish they had access to on Wii U? Seems to just be complaints that we don't get those boring, generic, dark, mysterious, vampire slaying, demon eating, cutscene playing rehashes of the same simple story. Lol. That and the latest EA Sports games. I don't feel I've missed out on anything for years. I genuinely wonder what people are missing so bad - or do they just want "third party support" but no real idea as to what?

I will now laugh for 4 lines.

HAHA
LOL
TEEHEE
LOLagain*

*To minimize ambiguity, know that this laughter is directed at you, not, in fact, with you.

good one kid. still wondering what i'm missing out on. what's kept you occupied? teletubbies?

p.s. you have made the List Of People I Kinda Dislike with iKahn and the pokemon loving dweeb, well done. try and redeem yourself, i dare you.

The what list? Am i on it? How do i get my name in it? Do i need to talk trash about your lovable Nintendo? Or talk trash about your precious Wiiu? Pick your poison

Edited on by Eel

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

IceClimbers

Ooh, I wanna be on the list too. How do I get on the list?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Eel

Please guys, refrain from:

-writing overly long lines of text without breaks and in all caps.
-swearing.
-quoting either of those two things.

Also, play nice with each other.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

erv

Can I subscribe to a list? Are we still doomed? What did I miss while playing games?

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Haru17

erv wrote:

Can I subscribe to a list? Are we still doomed? What did I miss while playing games?

Well, for me it was how 3D Land is pleasantly SM64-like in parts. Also, anime, anime is a heckuva thing.

Azooooz

@Haru17: I disagree on Nintendo Direct not announcing new games. Remember December 2013 Nintendo Direct's Hyrule Warriors announcement? Yeah, it wasn't a new game, was it? Also, January 2013 Nintendo Direct didn't show new games like Xenoblade Chronicles X and Yoshi's Wooly World, right? Don't tell me that was back then. Surprises may be packed in this kind of videos.

However I agree that Nintendo Direct gives updates and info about the games that we have no idea about. Nintendo even said that they'll continue support the Wii U until consumers are satisfied, and it seems they want more Wii U games from Nintendo.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

rallydefault

@Azooooz
They will support the Wii U through the end of 2016, and then from that point on, only Virtual Console games would be my bet. We'll just have to wait and see...lots of interesting rumors cropping up today.

rallydefault

dumedum

They will support Wii U throughout 2017 if they're smart. There's really no reason not to. PS4 is not even outselling it in Japan. They need to better market in the west and keep making games like Splatoon which are huge hits.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

martinskrtel37

Haru17 wrote:

Because agism as an insult, on the internet no less, is incredibly novel.

so i'm not missing out on anything?

@twilightangel i don't have a Wii U

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

SCRAPPER392

Just go buy a PS4 and PC if you don't have or want a Wii U or Xbox One. Go buy a PS Vita and iPhone, too.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MsJubilee

@SCAR392: A Vita? Do you want them to buy disappointment?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Sean_Aaron

The iPad has some decent games on it; I don't think I'd buy one exclusively for gaming though. I am rather surprised Apple hasn't released a gaming-enabled Apple TV, though. That thing is only like £50-60 and already supports Bluetooth and they have a controller standard and a pretty decent third party controller in the Horipad so I can't think enabling some kind of iPad game support, whether a temporary download (a lot of games support iCloud saves so no need to have much if any non-volatile storage) or streaming from iPad would seem sensible.

Of course it would mean developers need to retune their games as I find most don't even support video out on the iPad so if you try using mirroring the lag on the TV makes games nearly unplayable that way. Gaming isn't a core revenue stream for Apple so it would just be an added extra to an existing device; not something they need to put a lot of investment into. It would never be a replacement for something like a Wii U, but it would be a single-player gaming device I could see buying unlike an Xbox or a Playstation.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

shingi_70

@dumedum:

Well its being outsold in all the regions that matter, and let's be honest Nintendo did the same thing with the Wii to Wii U transition.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Haru17

UGXwolf wrote:

@shingi_70: And we see how well that worked out for them. :V

That doesn't make any sense. Sure, letting the brand die for a bit is a bad move, but the Wii U ailed because of it's bad launch. NSMB just isn't the kind of game (or games) that'll sell a system. Neither are ports of games people already have or can get for the PS3 / 360 that they already own.

Peek-a-boo

Bad news ahoy, if true that is:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/61709826867...

Basically, this guy works at Unseen64 and his industry insider information or rumours are correct 99% of the time. He is saying that the 'NX is definitely not aiming to compete with the likes of PS4 on a power level' and is 'absolutely sure of that now'.

The NX is definitely going to be some kind of Android hybrid with Nintendo's sprinklings and their own OS on top.

Seeing as this Unseen64 guy is almost always right, I am already feeling underwhelmed by the NX. I mean, are Nintendo purposely not trying to get any kind of (proper) third party support or something?! I am no 'graphics whore' by any stretch of imagination, but to not have similar nor better specifications than the PlayStation 4 is somewhat of letdown.

Not sure what to make of this.

Peek-a-boo

Azooooz

@Peek-a-boo: Tell him not to make up some news from his armpits. We should wait until next year to find out. Until then, don't post something about a person who works in somewhere knows everything that happens in the present and the future.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

TuVictus

I mean, it makes sense. It definitely seems like something Nintendo would do, and I would not be surprised if this is just another Wii in terms of having very similar power to the console before it. If that's the case, what a huge disappointment. The thing I love about the other consoles is that their power allows for fast multi tasking and such.

TuVictus

rallydefault

It DOES seem like something Nintendo would do, and I love talking about the possibilities, but we do have to wait until official news, you know.

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.