Forums

Topic: Why has ZombiU got mixed reviews?

Posts 121 to 140 of 187

CoffeeWithGames

The real reason the reviews are so skewed on this game, I believe, is because apparently many of the reviewers didn't even finish the game before putting a score on it. They don't tell you how many hours they played it, if they even finished it, and that is very revealing in some of them after completing the game myself.

Having grabbed the game day one, I recommend it to Wii U owners that go in looking for a survival horror...with almost a sense of terror being thrown around at times...and not a FPS or heavy action game. The combat mechanics are designed the way they are, because it forces you to stay on your toes. There are no 100 hit combos in this game at a time, it's one zombie at a time.

Edited on by CoffeeWithGames

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

OneZeoN

That's why I'm getting ZombiU

Ive always wanted a Zombie game where its genuinely hard to survive and not full of boring guns!
When I hear people saying its hard to stay alive its perfect!

OneZeoN

Nintendo Network ID: OneZeoN

bonesy91

Zombie U is just awesome. I feel sorry for any wii U owner that passes on it. It's survival horror like it should be.... not like resident evil 5.... that game still gives me nightmares for how awful it is...

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Ryno

So, it appears that pretty much everyone here at NintendoLife is enjoying ZombiU? Great news as I'm looking forward to getting around to it someday.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Bluesummer

Because IGN loves Sony, just read their articles and you can see for yourself how obvious that is. The Gamespot review was a joke, check it out on youtube. The reviewer was very unprofessional. He wasn't talking about the game objectively but subjectivity. He thought the game was too hard for him ( Which he obviously didn't say) Because he complained about the atmosphere being claustrophobic and dark (Pretty much the point in a survival horror game, no?) Ammo being scarce (It's survival horror). Bottomline he liked the multiplayer better because it had more action. So he wanted another left 4 dead or cod with zombies, a run n gun game. Gamespot is ridiculous.

Leave luck to heaven.

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6228-1113 | Nintendo Network ID: Bluesummer

MAB

Stomped on a crawlers head for the first time today the punk grabbed my leg and scared the crap right out of me. I thought my first survivor was a goner but in the panic I did the press all the buttons 'f***,f***,f***' thingy and then SPLAT! its head went allover the bloody place... My No.1 ain't going down that easy you punk deadites This game is da classic. Resident Evil has now suffered dethronement.

MAB

PinkSpider

After an extensive play through I'm really enjoying this game . I kind of see it as metroid prime with zombies, the scanning the isolation and starting with nothing and having to find your abilities are all very similar and for me that is a very good thing. It's just a shame there are that many reviews out there slating it for not being another left for dead. I love that u loot something and there is nothing to be found it makes it that much more satisfying when you do find something and you really appreciate the items u get, so far I have barely used any ammo and gone for the whole stealth approach but that's great because it means when I play through again I'm gonna try and go I'm guns blazing and probably get a different kind of experience in the words of Reggie "its these experiences that keep u coming back" I don't know if he said thAt lol but he does use the word experiences alot
So yeah love the game wouldn't change it Ihaven't come aross anything that has made me think the game is less than an 8 yet
Just hope it does well enough to get a sequal

Edited on by PinkSpider

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

Kevin_H

Played about an hour of this last night and absolutely loved it.

Great suspense, well designed levels, intuitive controls and nice graphics.

Kevin_H

xBASSxMONSTAx

I didn't buy zombiU in the end when I bought the Wii-U. I can safety say what an idiot i am for actually not buying the game because of them stupid reviews.

I have always wanted a zombie survival game that doesn't go all guns blazing and this sounds perfect. I can only feel for the developers who took a brave risk on creating something different and then reviewers slaughtering it because its different. It must of hurt sales no doubt.

I will make it my duty as a gamer to spread the word that this games well worth the purchase.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Bluesummer

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

I didn't buy zombiU in the end when I bought the Wii-U. I can say what an idiot i am for actually not buying the game because of them reviews. I wanted a decent zombie survival that doesn't go all guns blazing and this sounds perfect.

Funny, because it really does emphasise Survival, and not mowing your way through a horde of zombies.

Leave luck to heaven.

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6228-1113 | Nintendo Network ID: Bluesummer

Reef7009

Its a good game.

Reef7009

bonesy91

Ugh I ran into a game ending bug and had to restart... but I'm ok with that if it only happens once... And now I know where to go which speeds up the process but really, ubisoft... I hope you patch this.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

TimDragon

I have played the game for five hours now and am loving it.
If you are unsure if you would like it or not. You have to ask yourself this question "Is it fun to use a cricket bat to kill zombies ?"
Most games today, it doesn't matter if you die, you don't worry about it at all.
But in Zombiu, you're are really afraid, course here you lose all your skills too.
Can't remember when I last time played a game and really had to fight for my life as much as in Zombiu.
I just wish there was other melee weapons. Just imagine how fantastic Zombiu 2 could be.

Edited on by TimDragon

TimDragon

Retro_on_theGo

bonesy91 wrote:

Ugh I ran into a game ending bug and had to restart... but I'm ok with that if it only happens once... And now I know where to go which speeds up the process but really, ubisoft... I hope you patch this.

Wow, really? That sucks. You should really email Ubisoft about it if you haven't already. Better to get something like that patched up quick.

GameLord08

@TimDragon: There are tons more melee weapons in Zombi U, but they're not hidden in plain sight. Keep your eyes peeled.

GameLord08

SteamMistwalker

I just got this game last night (downloaded) and i must say after reading the reviews (the ones with low scores) i was expecting to be disappointed.....Once i started though i forgot everything those reviews said! what a freaky game! what was even better was watching my partners reactions just to the sound of the game! must say this game is worth every penny,pence or whatever currency the readers are using

3DS code :
2191 7660 6571
Nintendo ID: Steamerz
Let me know if u add me and ill add u!

TWK

I must say... WOW! This game is incredible! I have played a fair amount of Dark Souls and this game is very similar in regards to gameplay mechanics. You simply can't find many other games that gives you the same sense of accomplishment and edge-of-seat thrills as ZombiU. I can understand why some would rate this game low, that is, if they hate hardcore games like this.

The gameplay is tight, hard and rewarding when it needs to be. The gamepad gives the game another dimension. Sitting organizing your backpack and suddenly hearing nearby noises is extremely nerve wracking in some situations. I also like the games look aesthetically--very nice colour palette and use of lightning. This game also has a very eerie vibe to it. It has an intense atmosphere composed of great sound effects (raining outside/inside), lightning, overall world design and, like I mentioned, a great colour palette. This is something I rarely see in games. Noteworthy recent examples; Metro 2033, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat and Dark Souls

Edited on by TWK

TWK

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4040-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: TobiasWK

Reef7009

Didnt know what to make of this at first. Got off to a shaky start , myself and zombiU....id play an hour here and there. I kept dying what with only having a bat and a pop gun lol and sean bean was getting on my wick to be honest. But i kept playing ( if only for the fact id paid for it to be in my deluxe bundle ) and i eventually got to buckingham palace. It seems this game doesnt really get going until then but now im into it. Cant stop playing and theres more upgrades , more pick ups and the graphics just get better. Id recommend this to anyone provided u give it time to open up and have a bit of patience with the first few missions. Good use of the pad aswell. Its easily as good as resident evil in terms of atmosphere too. Its a good game . Just my thoughts on it

Reef7009

fortius54

Okay, IGN give this game a 6.3, and then they put it on the underappreciated games of 2012. That doesn't make any sense to me unless it says, "We played this a little longer and realized its a real good game."

fortius54

Nintendo Network ID: mitchell_rsvl

kkslider5552000

fortius54 wrote:

Okay, IGN give this game a 6.3, and then they put it on the underappreciated games of 2012. That doesn't make any sense to me unless it says, "We played this a little longer and realized its a real good game."

"It's so underappreciated even we didn't appreciate it!"

but seriously, different people. I hope.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.