Forums

Topic: Why has ZombiU got mixed reviews?

Posts 101 to 120 of 187

Magi

Here's another USER comment about ZombieU from a guy at CAG, named spicoli420:
"I was very surprised at the various bad reviews and was questioning whether to open my just purchased game. I decided against that because it was one of the main reasons I purchased a u right at launch. Zombiu is terrific......the atmosphere is awesome, the use of the gamepad is so new and refreshing. I am still on my 1st character with 2 hours in and 75 infected killed. I haven't felt this level of supense in a game for a very long time. Those bad reviews are wrong........ "

Magi

GameLord08

Apparently, Ben Kuchera (the guy at Penny Arcade) also dismissed the GameSpot review as being rather superficial. He said something along the lines of the reviewer reviewing it negatively for not liking the game's goals, not for not liking what the game attempts to achieve.

GameLord08

PinkSpider

Are the graphics in ZombieU really that bad as they look great from all the youtube walk throughs and trailers

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

GameLord08

@PinkSpider: They're not horrible per sé, but Zombi U doesn't show effectively any graphical improvement from most current-gen titles. However, it's very atmospheric and has bits of detail in abundance (thanks to the Wii U's RAM), so that is an improvement in its own.

GameLord08

PinkSpider

So are the reviewers saying the graphics are poor coz there not better than current gen

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

GameLord08

@PinkSpider: Well, to be honest, the graphics don't look very refined and they are noticeably rough around the edges, more so than a lot of recent current-gen titles. However, one thing these reviewers overlooked is how atmospheric it is, which indeed does qualify it as a substantial improvement.

GameLord08

RetroGBHippie92

Do you get Club nintendo points with ZombiU? Also @PinkSpider Who cares about graphics? I know the Wii U is HD, but from what i've heard about ZombiU, it's still pretty awesome to play. I've played some of it at a local expo, it's actually pretty good in both the graphics department and the gameplay department, these reviewers should do a proper job and stop being lazy or hateful PS360 fanboys .
You know I bet you those PS360 gamers are now grinding their teeth now that Nintendo has a HD platform, but oh they'll get really critical once the next consoles come out and point out the obvious enhancements and benefits of their consoles over ours. Oh well....Haters gonna hate.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

The_Fox

Gamesake wrote:

Looks like this game took the Wii U GamePad a little too far. Repeatedly tapping the touch screen to interact with manhole covers and barred doors is an idea that needs to go away immediately.

Agreed.

PinkSpider wrote:

Are the graphics in ZombieU really that bad as they look great from all the youtube walk throughs and trailers

The graphics aren't going to wow anybody but I certainly wouldn't call them "bad". They're decent.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

dolabla

I personally like the game. It's not the prettiest looking graphically, but the gameplay is very fun IMO. It kind of reminds me a little of Resident Evil because you use lockpicks, keycards etc. to open doors.

dolabla

Malic

Gamesake wrote:

Looks like this game took the Wii U GamePad a little too far. Repeatedly tapping the touch screen to interact with manhole covers and barred doors is an idea that needs to go away immediately.

Malic wrote:

I can understand knocking a game because its tedious but a 4.5 states the game is basically unplayable and that isn't fair at all

The belief that a playable game automatically falls somewhere between 5/10 and 10/10 is another idea that needs to go away.

that's funny because most of the negative reviews talked about how the game pad wasn't used enough and yeah the idea of a playable game being in the range of 5-10 does need to go away because skyrim was unplayable on my ps3 but was getting perfect reviews from everywhere

Edited on by Malic

Malic

Malic

The number system needs to go away altogether

Malic

RetroGBHippie92

If this game sells well and achieves the status of 'sequel worthy', what do you think the sequel'll be called? ZombiU 2 or Zombi U2? I'm thinking the latter would be hilarious! LOL

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Razalom

The reason I bought a Wii U and still looking forward to getting it a lot. Good to see the Review here on NL was also positive but the best reviewer of any game is myself in the end.

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

Discostew

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

If this game sells well and achieves the status of 'sequel worthy', what do you think the sequel'll be called? ZombiU 2 or Zombi U2? I'm thinking the latter would be hilarious! LOL

You play the zombie, and everyone around you is not a zombie. Gain allies by infecting people, and make the world a place where zombies reign supreme.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

rowchi93

The reviews worried me as well when I saw them, but I decided to go with my gut and purchase the game anyways. I don't regret the decision whatsoever...I personally love it!

rowchi93

Nintendo Network ID: rowchi93

Moshugan

It's advisable to read the actual review instead of focusing on the score. For example, I knew Risen 2 was a very flawed game, but after all I did enjoy it.
After reading through the varied reviews I came to understand that Zombi U is a flawed game with some potentially frustrating and boring design choices, but with a right attitude provides a unique gaming experience that is sure to challenge, and in the end reward the player.
Can't wait to get my hands on it in a couple of weeks!

Edited on by Moshugan

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

fortius54

I am not usually a conspiracy theorist, but outside of the traditional "hardcore" gaming sites, most everyone likes ZombiU. It seems like those that have spent some time with it have a completely different reaction.

fortius54

Nintendo Network ID: mitchell_rsvl

kkslider5552000

I'll also say that this game deserves a lot of respect. While it's understandable why between hypocritical "hardcore gamers" refusing to buy interesting games and AAA HD titles costing way too much to make, publishers are too scared to support a big title that's remotely different than what's already worked in the past few years. They are terrified. So for Ubisoft to decide not only to heavily support Wii U but to have their big title being a slow survival horror game, almost certainly completely aware at how the brodudes would react to it, took some guts and was a risk. I hope it pays off just entirely because of that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.