Forums

Topic: Why has ZombiU got mixed reviews?

Posts 141 to 160 of 187

Bankai

fortius54 wrote:

Okay, IGN give this game a 6.3, and then they put it on the underappreciated games of 2012. That doesn't make any sense to me unless it says, "We played this a little longer and realized its a real good game."

It's also possible that IGN has at least two people working for it - one is the reviewer of the game, and the other is the guy/ girl that made the list.

Chrono_Cross

machinima wrote:

ZombiU is a mixed bag that just doesn’t deliver, at least for me. Despite how interesting the gamepad is used to play the game, the ten-plus hour campaign itself just isn’t fun. The multiplayer is a better experience, but that’s not saying much. ZombiU is for those gamers that truly want difficult survival horror with no end purpose, and that’s fine for those that don’t need complexity to their zombie apocalypse

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CoffeeWithGames

Malkeor wrote:

Well I trust Game Informer more than IGN for sure, and it was reviewed by their resident survivor horror fan.
I think it's a believable review, and if most of them are giving poor to mediocre review than obviously the game most likely has some flaws worth mentioning.
Btw they gave it a 5.

You know, to understand how a reviewer thinks and acts, it helps to listen to them in a podcast or any videos they host really. Like Gameinformer's Replay show is amazing, and you really get a feel for what the reviewers are like and what they enjoy and how they see things. I think that's one of the first steps to trusting (or NOT trusting) a reviewer, other than looking at a score and scoff at it and say the reviewer sucks eggs and hates Nintendo, etc.

Of course I still think anyone should pick up the game if they were interested in it to begin with, but if you haven't played it and if there's a demo somewhere than try that first before you agree with the reviews or not.

I trust GameInformer, like I trust the majority of them...I don't. I even contacted GameInformer about their review, because it contains incorrect information in it. GameInformer has no review standards that actually matter. It's the same as asking somebody off the street what they think, doesn't even matter if they have played the game.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

Hyrule

I'm really getting into this. Initially I was quite frustrated at the amount of times I was dying, especially when defending the safehouse, but I kept at it and now at Buckingham palace. It literally sends chills up your spine when you scan the area and multiple red dots appear, you don't know if its rats, birds or infected.
Very tense, atmospheric and difficult. Very much like the first Resident evil. I'm really enjoying the game but for those expecting an FPS rather than a true SURVIVAL horror (emphasis on survival), this is not the game for you.

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

PinkSpider

I really can't understand why gamespot and IGN (mainly gamespot) gave this game such negative reviews. Did they just let the guy who hated it the most review it? If it were an Xboux game would it have scored better. Who knows and quite frankly who cares this is a GREAT Wii U game.
It is a truly well crafted game, which needs to be played in the dark with a quality pair of headphones. There should be a disclaimer on the box that says to be played using headphones only. The sound effects and tension in the game are better than any game I have played in the last (well ever).
The moments when you are walking around and u can hear zombies behind the walls or walking on the floor boards above u are truly tense
(SPOILER ALERT)
The nursery part of the game scared the hell out of me after u get the medicine and are chased by a load of zombies my heart was beating so fast (I'm not making it up) I was so happy to get back to my safe house and save the game as I had just got a load of weapons and ammo.
And that get me to my next comment IGN and GameSpot both said theres hardly any ammo so your always using the cricket bat. Daily I seem to get a new Zombie out side my safe house and more times than not they have Ammo and supply's. (Is this an online thing where they randomly send you a zombie to get some stuff? if so it's excellent)
Some how UBISOFT have created a video game that is truly terrifying. Getting back to the safe house is truly satisfying as u do feel safe. Much like the old save room in resident evil 1 when u first played that.
Yeah it's not perfect (but what game is) and what problems it has which to be honest don't bother me and it may not be to everyone's taste but it's definitely not a 4 out of 10

Edited on by PinkSpider

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

justjoined

WaveBoy wrote:

I'll take IGN & Game Spots reviews over the others.
So..uh....How about that Rabbids Land?lol

Ign I can understand, but Gamespot lost its credibility when they hired a troll to review Skyward Sword.

justjoined

hiptanaka

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

Has anybody finished Survival Mode yet?

Somebody did and got a nod from Ubisoft. Or did you mean anybody on this site?

Metroid 5?

Sherlock

still waiting on the demo.

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

CoffeeWithGames

hiptanaka wrote:

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

Has anybody finished Survival Mode yet?

Somebody did and got a nod from Ubisoft. Or did you mean anybody on this site?

Yeah, anybody on this site. There have been several now to beat it in game, and they got shoutouts via the paint messages from the devs. I have attempted a few times, and failed miserably at all attempts.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

Wolfgabe

For IGN and Gamespot, they probably went into the game thinking it was gonna be an FPS like RE6 but they were wrong. Or they probably gave the review to a PS3 fanboy

Wolfgabe

Nintendo Network ID: Wolfgabe

kkslider5552000

I died after about an hour or so, and then it sent me to the hideout where zombies were attacking it apparently. I really hope that's because I was supposed to get back there because story before the first character died and not because this happens everytime you get a new character. Because I then died 2 more times within minutes.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

luisesteban

That happens just once....I'd think.

luisesteban

Retro_on_theGo

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I died after about an hour or so, and then it sent me to the hideout where zombies were attacking it apparently. I really hope that's because I was supposed to get back there because story before the first character died and not because this happens everytime you get a new character. Because I then died 2 more times within minutes.

I died twice with my friend when we were playing and I don't think we were attacked by zombies the second time.

rallydefault

kkslider5552000 wrote:

That's part of the questline, don't worry! I died there, too haha. I like the game. I can see why people hate it if they were expecting a shooter with Zombies, though. You need to approach it with a "slow and steady" sort of mindset, and not so much focus on the guns, but focus on your movement, your supplies, etc.

rallydefault

purpleibby

I don't understand those inital few negative reviews at all(though the tide seems to be turning here because it's a good title).....just got it and it's a great game.

Edited on by purpleibby

purpleibby

sanasa

i got this for christmas with my wii u, but damn it, this game is too scary for me!
wish it had online play

sanasa

3DS Friend Code: 1547-6552-4827 | Nintendo Network ID: sanasa | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.