Wii U Forum

Topic: Why has ZombiU got mixed reviews?

Showing 141 to 160 of 196

AuthorMessage

TimDragon

141. Posted:

I have played the game for five hours now and am loving it.
If you are unsure if you would like it or not. You have to ask yourself this question "Is it fun to use a cricket bat to kill zombies ?"
Most games today, it doesn't matter if you die, you don't worry about it at all.
But in Zombiu, you're are really afraid, course here you lose all your skills too.
Can't remember when I last time played a game and really had to fight for my life as much as in Zombiu.
I just wish there was other melee weapons. Just imagine how fantastic Zombiu 2 could be.

Edited on by TimDragon

TimDragon

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

142. Posted:

bonesy91 wrote:

Ugh I ran into a game ending bug and had to restart... but I'm ok with that if it only happens once... And now I know where to go which speeds up the process :D but really, ubisoft... I hope you patch this.

Wow, really? That sucks. You should really email Ubisoft about it if you haven't already. Better to get something like that patched up quick.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

143. Posted:

@TimDragon: There are tons more melee weapons in Zombi U, but they're not hidden in plain sight. Keep your eyes peeled.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

SteamMistwalker

144. Posted:

I just got this game last night (downloaded) and i must say after reading the reviews (the ones with low scores) i was expecting to be disappointed.....Once i started though i forgot everything those reviews said! what a freaky game! what was even better was watching my partners reactions just to the sound of the game! must say this game is worth every penny,pence or whatever currency the readers are using :)

3DS code :
2191 7660 6571
Nintendo ID: Steamerz
Let me know if u add me and ill add u!

AuthorMessage

TWK

145. Posted:

I must say... WOW! This game is incredible! I have played a fair amount of Dark Souls and this game is very similar in regards to gameplay mechanics. You simply can't find many other games that gives you the same sense of accomplishment and edge-of-seat thrills as ZombiU. I can understand why some would rate this game low, that is, if they hate hardcore games like this.

The gameplay is tight, hard and rewarding when it needs to be. The gamepad gives the game another dimension. Sitting organizing your backpack and suddenly hearing nearby noises is extremely nerve wracking in some situations. I also like the games look aesthetically--very nice colour palette and use of lightning. This game also has a very eerie vibe to it. It has an intense atmosphere composed of great sound effects (raining outside/inside), lightning, overall world design and, like I mentioned, a great colour palette. This is something I rarely see in games. Noteworthy recent examples; Metro 2033, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat and Dark Souls

Edited on by TWK

TWK

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4040-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: TobiasWK

AuthorMessage

Reef7009

146. Posted:

Didnt know what to make of this at first. Got off to a shaky start , myself and zombiU....id play an hour here and there. I kept dying what with only having a bat and a pop gun lol and sean bean was getting on my wick to be honest. But i kept playing ( if only for the fact id paid for it to be in my deluxe bundle ) and i eventually got to buckingham palace. It seems this game doesnt really get going until then but now im into it. Cant stop playing and theres more upgrades , more pick ups and the graphics just get better. Id recommend this to anyone provided u give it time to open up and have a bit of patience with the first few missions. Good use of the pad aswell. Its easily as good as resident evil in terms of atmosphere too. Its a good game . Just my thoughts on it :)

Reef7009

AuthorMessage

fortius54

147. Posted:

Okay, IGN give this game a 6.3, and then they put it on the underappreciated games of 2012. That doesn't make any sense to me unless it says, "We played this a little longer and realized its a real good game."

fortius54

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

148. Posted:

fortius54 wrote:

Okay, IGN give this game a 6.3, and then they put it on the underappreciated games of 2012. That doesn't make any sense to me unless it says, "We played this a little longer and realized its a real good game."

"It's so underappreciated even we didn't appreciate it!"

but seriously, different people. I hope.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Bankai

149. Posted:

fortius54 wrote:

It's also possible that IGN has at least two people working for it - one is the reviewer of the game, and the other is the guy/ girl that made the list.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

150. Posted:

machinima wrote:

ZombiU is a mixed bag that just doesn’t deliver, at least for me. Despite how interesting the gamepad is used to play the game, the ten-plus hour campaign itself just isn’t fun. The multiplayer is a better experience, but that’s not saying much. ZombiU is for those gamers that truly want difficult survival horror with no end purpose, and that’s fine for those that don’t need complexity to their zombie apocalypse

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

CoffeeWithGames

151. Posted:

Malkeor wrote:

Well I trust Game Informer more than IGN for sure, and it was reviewed by their resident survivor horror fan.
I think it's a believable review, and if most of them are giving poor to mediocre review than obviously the game most likely has some flaws worth mentioning.
Btw they gave it a 5.

You know, to understand how a reviewer thinks and acts, it helps to listen to them in a podcast or any videos they host really. Like Gameinformer's Replay show is amazing, and you really get a feel for what the reviewers are like and what they enjoy and how they see things. I think that's one of the first steps to trusting (or NOT trusting) a reviewer, other than looking at a score and scoff at it and say the reviewer sucks eggs and hates Nintendo, etc.

Of course I still think anyone should pick up the game if they were interested in it to begin with, but if you haven't played it and if there's a demo somewhere than try that first before you agree with the reviews or not.

I trust GameInformer, like I trust the majority of them...I don't. I even contacted GameInformer about their review, because it contains incorrect information in it. GameInformer has no review standards that actually matter. It's the same as asking somebody off the street what they think, doesn't even matter if they have played the game.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter: CoffeeWithGames

AuthorMessage

Hyrule

152. Posted:

I'm really getting into this. Initially I was quite frustrated at the amount of times I was dying, especially when defending the safehouse, but I kept at it and now at Buckingham palace. It literally sends chills up your spine when you scan the area and multiple red dots appear, you don't know if its rats, birds or infected.
Very tense, atmospheric and difficult. Very much like the first Resident evil. I'm really enjoying the game but for those expecting an FPS rather than a true SURVIVAL horror (emphasis on survival), this is not the game for you.

Any company where the CEO takes a 50% paycut due to a slightly underperforming product, and personally apologises to its customers, cannot have bad customer service. Period.

Love Live Nintendo!

Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

153. Posted:

I really can't understand why gamespot and IGN (mainly gamespot) gave this game such negative reviews. Did they just let the guy who hated it the most review it? If it were an Xboux game would it have scored better. Who knows and quite frankly who cares this is a GREAT Wii U game.
It is a truly well crafted game, which needs to be played in the dark with a quality pair of headphones. There should be a disclaimer on the box that says to be played using headphones only. The sound effects and tension in the game are better than any game I have played in the last (well ever).
The moments when you are walking around and u can hear zombies behind the walls or walking on the floor boards above u are truly tense
(SPOILER ALERT)
The nursery part of the game scared the hell out of me after u get the medicine and are chased by a load of zombies my heart was beating so fast (I'm not making it up) I was so happy to get back to my safe house and save the game as I had just got a load of weapons and ammo.
And that get me to my next comment IGN and GameSpot both said theres hardly any ammo so your always using the cricket bat. Daily I seem to get a new Zombie out side my safe house and more times than not they have Ammo and supply's. (Is this an online thing where they randomly send you a zombie to get some stuff? if so it's excellent)
Some how UBISOFT have created a video game that is truly terrifying. Getting back to the safe house is truly satisfying as u do feel safe. Much like the old save room in resident evil 1 when u first played that.
Yeah it's not perfect (but what game is) and what problems it has which to be honest don't bother me and it may not be to everyone's taste but it's definitely not a 4 out of 10

Edited on by PinkSpider

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

154. Posted:

'Cause people got mixed opinions.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

CoffeeWithGames

155. Posted:

Has anybody finished Survival Mode yet?

AuthorMessage

justjoined

156. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I'll take IGN & Game Spots reviews over the others. :p
So..uh....How about that Rabbids Land?lol

Ign I can understand, but Gamespot lost its credibility when they hired a troll to review Skyward Sword.

justjoined

AuthorMessage

hiptanaka

157. Posted:

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

Somebody did and got a nod from Ubisoft. Or did you mean anybody on this site?

Metroid 5?

AuthorMessage

Sherlock

158. Posted:

still waiting on the demo.

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

AuthorMessage

CoffeeWithGames

159. Posted:

hiptanaka wrote:

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

Somebody did and got a nod from Ubisoft. Or did you mean anybody on this site?

Yeah, anybody on this site. There have been several now to beat it in game, and they got shoutouts via the paint messages from the devs. I have attempted a few times, and failed miserably at all attempts. :(

AuthorMessage

Wolfgabe

160. Posted:

For IGN and Gamespot, they probably went into the game thinking it was gonna be an FPS like RE6 but they were wrong. Or they probably gave the review to a PS3 fanboy

Wolfgabe

Nintendo Network ID: Wolfgabe