Wii U Forum

Topic: What would you do if [insert company here] dropped out of manufacturing gaming systems and became a third party developer? A totally mature discussion.

Showing 161 to 180 of 217

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

161. Posted:

Nintendo is mostly renowned world-wide for their first-party titles, so if they did drop out of the console business, I would be stung rather deeply for the sake of being a doting Nintendo fan, but it wouldn't be too much of a loss. I wouldn't expect them to stop making handhelds though, but on the slight off-chance that they did, I guess doing a SEGA would be the best move; they have the game dev mojo. So long as they continue developing games, hopefully with the PC as their main platform, they'd be well off. I personally believe that neither Sony or Microsoft, would do them justice. But for mainstream gaming, I would fall back on Sony consoles.

If Sony dropped out of the console business, then they're practically dead in the water on the gaming front. They generate next to nothing when it comes to first-party titles of their own, so they have almost nothing to fall back on. When it all comes down to it, Sony's strongest point in gaming is their hardware. As third-party devs, Nintendo would surely conquer them on that front. I can only see Sony getting bought or possibly absorbed/merged with, if this whole scenario were to happen.

As for Microsoft, well, seeing as hardware is pretty much all they have, and most of the Xbox's top games aren't console exclusives, save for Halo, then them dropping out of the console business really wouldn't affect me, or anyone. If Microsoft quit the gaming business today, I wouldn't flinch a millimetre.

Edited on by GameLord08

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

Knux

162. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I've answered your question, now you answer mine. What would you do if Microsoft/Sony didn't succeed with 720/PS4&Vita which leads to their dropping out of console manufacture?

Although each company (Nintendo included) is strong enough to last us until our children's children are talking about this.

Sony and Microsoft are way better off financially than Nintendo is. You know why? Because they also concentrate on other departments besides video games. They are also WAY bigger companies than Nintendo. They would never drop out of the console or handheld race no matter what unless the ENTIRE company went bankrupt, which will never happen. Sony makes TV, cameras, and a whole bunch of electronics. Microsoft makes Windows and Internet Explorer. Nintendo is a company that concentrates only on video games though, so it's possible that they can drop out of the console/handheld market if they have massive financial problems.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

163. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Internet Explorer

lol

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

164. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

If Microsoft quit the gaming business today, I wouldn't flinch a millimetre.

I wouldn't, either. They're the only western console maker left right now, but there are plenty lined up to take their place if they fall.

It would be pretty bad if Sony went right now, though. They're the only one keeping Microsoft and Nintendo in check right now.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

165. Posted:

Sony isn't in any kind of finical stability at all.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

166. Posted:

Knux wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I've answered your question, now you answer mine. What would you do if Microsoft/Sony didn't succeed with 720/PS4&Vita which leads to their dropping out of console manufacture?

Although each company (Nintendo included) is strong enough to last us until our children's children are talking about this.

[/div]

[/div]

Sony and Microsoft are way better off financially than Nintendo is. You know why? Because they also concentrate on other departments besides video games. They are also WAY bigger companies than Nintendo. They would never drop out of the console or handheld race no matter what unless the ENTIRE company went bankrupt, which will never happen. Sony makes TV, cameras, and a whole bunch of electronics. Microsoft makes Windows and Internet Explorer. Nintendo is a company that concentrates only on video games though, so it's possible that they can drop out of the console/handheld market if they have massive financial problems.

[/div]

Sony is actually losing quite a bit of money right now: they lost about $6.36 billion US Dollars in fiscal 2012, and the PS3 was the least selling console of the last generation. The Vita is also selling horribly. On the flip side, Microsoft has a huge portion of the computer software market, and XBox 360 is the current best-selling console (not overall, just in recent months). Nintendo is just coming off the monumental success of the Wii, and the 3DS is going strong. So at this point, Sony is actually the most likely to drop out, although I don't think they will.

Edited on by SonyFACE

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

167. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Knux wrote:

Internet Explorer

[/div]

lol

Why lol?

Have you used a modern version of IE? Or how about the fact that microsoft is the only company respecting privacy by keeping the tracking off and having it be optional.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

168. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Not sure if that's directed at me, but I just meant that they provide decent competition in terms of specs, services, and games.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

169. Posted:

Nintendo: Weep.
Capcom: Sniffle
Sony: Worry
Microsoft: REJOICE!!!!!! (Sorry, Xbox fans)

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

170. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

[/div]

Not sure if that's directed at me, but I just meant that they provide decent competition in terms of specs, services, and games.

It was toward knux.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

171. Posted:

PikminMonster wrote:

Nintendo: Weep.
Capcom: Sniffle
Sony: Worry
Microsoft: REJOICE!!!!!! (Sorry, Xbox fans)

Does capcpom make a console?

WAT!

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

172. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

If Microsoft quit the gaming business today, I wouldn't flinch a millimetre.

I wouldn't, either. They're the only western console maker left right now, but there are plenty lined up to take their place if they fall.

Such as?

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

skywake

173. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Naw. I can jump fence and be right wing and all that if the debate necessitates it. What I dislike is the immediate assumption that because we're told something, it must therefore be right. We're taught that free markets, capitalism, democracy and freedom of speech (amongst other things) are civilisation aspirations, but they're incredibly flawed, if not broken in reality.

I prefer to keep my arguments academic - I'm pretty neutral on most things. I just don't like when people don't question these things - anyone that sits squarely on the right or left wings are equally strange to me. I would have thought by now that was pretty obvious.

Monopolies are a good idea in markets that aren't flexible and where competition will just increase the price of goods. The gaming industry is not that sort of market. A consumer of gaming can, and does, buy more than one game and there is no real limit to the amount of games a person can buy. The same is true of consoles, a consumer can buy no consoles, one console or all of them. Ontop of that console makers don't have to spend money building stuffs in different areas in order to service new market because their products can simply be shipped to wherever.

So when you say that a monopoly on a product like a gaming console is a good thing I'm going to mock the stuffing out of you.

Edited on by theblackdragon

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

174. Posted:

Now, now — we're keeping this thread mature, remember? Let's not with the mocking, please :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Knux

175. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Sony is in a better financial situation than Nintendo or Microsoft are right now. Also, the rage in my thread is delicious. :D

Untitled

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

176. Posted:

this is all you need to know.
Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

177. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Sony is in a better financial situation than Nintendo or Microsoft are right now. Also, the rage in my thread is delicious. :D

Untitled

this is terribly unfunny and so are you. You are not good at this trolling nonsense so stop, it's embarrassing to watch.

LordJumpMad wrote:

this is all you need to know.
Untitled

God bless you LJM. Never change. The best around. THE BEST.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

178. Posted:

Interesting how a year later after Vita get's released, Jack Tretton has completely changed his mood towards Nintendo lol

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Hokori

179. Posted:

I'm almost 20 and I'd play a GameBoy, GBC, DS, GBA, G&W, or 3DS on an airplane anyday

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

180. Posted:

Jack Tretton is too manly for a Gameboy. He still rocks his Sega Gamegear hooked up by his bedside and carries his fabulous N-Gage

komicturtle