Forums

Topic: What would you do if [insert company here] dropped out of manufacturing gaming systems and became a third party developer? A totally mature discussion.

Posts 161 to 180 of 211

shingi_70

turtlelink wrote:

Knux wrote:

Internet Explorer

[/div]

lol

Why lol?

Have you used a modern version of IE? Or how about the fact that microsoft is the only company respecting privacy by keeping the tracking off and having it be optional.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

Sony isn't in any kind of finical stability at all.

Not sure if that's directed at me, but I just meant that they provide decent competition in terms of specs, services, and games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CommanderAudio

Nintendo: Weep.
Capcom: Sniffle
Sony: Worry
Microsoft: REJOICE!!!!!! (Sorry, Xbox fans)

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

shingi_70

Mickeymac wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

[/div]

Not sure if that's directed at me, but I just meant that they provide decent competition in terms of specs, services, and games.

It was toward knux.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

PikminMonster wrote:

Nintendo: Weep.
Capcom: Sniffle
Sony: Worry
Microsoft: REJOICE!!!!!! (Sorry, Xbox fans)

Does capcpom make a console?

WAT!

The_Fox

Mickeymac wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

If Microsoft quit the gaming business today, I wouldn't flinch a millimetre.

I wouldn't, either. They're the only western console maker left right now, but there are plenty lined up to take their place if they fall.

Such as?

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

skywake

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Naw. I can jump fence and be right wing and all that if the debate necessitates it. What I dislike is the immediate assumption that because we're told something, it must therefore be right. We're taught that free markets, capitalism, democracy and freedom of speech (amongst other things) are civilisation aspirations, but they're incredibly flawed, if not broken in reality.

I prefer to keep my arguments academic - I'm pretty neutral on most things. I just don't like when people don't question these things - anyone that sits squarely on the right or left wings are equally strange to me. I would have thought by now that was pretty obvious.

Monopolies are a good idea in markets that aren't flexible and where competition will just increase the price of goods. The gaming industry is not that sort of market. A consumer of gaming can, and does, buy more than one game and there is no real limit to the amount of games a person can buy. The same is true of consoles, a consumer can buy no consoles, one console or all of them. Ontop of that console makers don't have to spend money building stuffs in different areas in order to service new market because their products can simply be shipped to wherever.

So when you say that a monopoly on a product like a gaming console is a good thing I'm going to mock the stuffing out of you.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

theblackdragon

Now, now — we're keeping this thread mature, remember? Let's not with the mocking, please :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Knux

Sony_70 wrote:

Sony is in a better financial situation than Nintendo or Microsoft are right now. Also, the rage in my thread is delicious.

Untitled

Edited on by Knux

Knux

LordJumpMad

this is all you need to know.
Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Knux wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Sony is in a better financial situation than Nintendo or Microsoft are right now. Also, the rage in my thread is delicious.

Untitled

this is terribly unfunny and so are you. You are not good at this trolling nonsense so stop, it's embarrassing to watch.

LordJumpMad wrote:

this is all you need to know.
Untitled

God bless you LJM. Never change. The best around. THE BEST.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

komicturtle

Interesting how a year later after Vita get's released, Jack Tretton has completely changed his mood towards Nintendo lol

komicturtle

Hokori

I'm almost 20 and I'd play a GameBoy, GBC, DS, GBA, G&W, or 3DS on an airplane anyday

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

komicturtle

Jack Tretton is too manly for a Gameboy. He still rocks his Sega Gamegear hooked up by his bedside and carries his fabulous N-Gage

komicturtle

Hokori

What about a wonderswan

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

shingi_70

I noticed that this year Tretton didn't utter the words "hitting its stride".

WAT!

GameLord08

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Knux wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

[/div]

Untitled

[/div]

this is terribly unfunny and so are you. You are not good at this trolling nonsense so stop, it's embarrassing to watch.

Last time I checked, you weren't given the option to be derogatory towards other users, regardless of their trolling abilities. This isn't the first time either, so I suggest you stop.

GameLord08

kyuubikid213

Knux wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I've answered your question, now you answer mine. What would you do if Microsoft/Sony didn't succeed with 720/PS4&Vita which leads to their dropping out of console manufacture?

Although each company (Nintendo included) is strong enough to last us until our children's children are talking about this.

Sony and Microsoft are way better off financially than Nintendo is. You know why? Because they also concentrate on other departments besides video games. They are also WAY bigger companies than Nintendo. They would never drop out of the console or handheld race no matter what unless the ENTIRE company went bankrupt, which will never happen. Sony makes TV, cameras, and a whole bunch of electronics. Microsoft makes Windows and Internet Explorer. Nintendo is a company that concentrates only on video games though, so it's possible that they can drop out of the console/handheld market if they have massive financial problems.

That's great and all, but you didn't answer my question...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

shingi_70

He did but in a way of it would never happen.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.