Wii U Forum

Topic: What would you do if [insert company here] dropped out of manufacturing gaming systems and became a third party developer? A totally mature discussion.

Showing 181 to 200 of 217

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

181. Posted:

What about a wonderswan

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

182. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

What about a wonderswan

Untitled

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

183. Posted:

I noticed that this year Tretton didn't utter the words "hitting its stride".

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

184. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Knux wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Sony isn't in any kind of finical stability at all.

[/div]

Sony is in a better financial situation than Nintendo or Microsoft are right now. Also, the rage in my thread is delicious. :D

Untitled

[/div]

this is terribly unfunny and so are you. You are not good at this trolling nonsense so stop, it's embarrassing to watch.

Last time I checked, you weren't given the option to be derogatory towards other users, regardless of their trolling abilities. This isn't the first time either, so I suggest you stop.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

185. Posted:

Knux wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I've answered your question, now you answer mine. What would you do if Microsoft/Sony didn't succeed with 720/PS4&Vita which leads to their dropping out of console manufacture?

Although each company (Nintendo included) is strong enough to last us until our children's children are talking about this.

Sony and Microsoft are way better off financially than Nintendo is. You know why? Because they also concentrate on other departments besides video games. They are also WAY bigger companies than Nintendo. They would never drop out of the console or handheld race no matter what unless the ENTIRE company went bankrupt, which will never happen. Sony makes TV, cameras, and a whole bunch of electronics. Microsoft makes Windows and Internet Explorer. Nintendo is a company that concentrates only on video games though, so it's possible that they can drop out of the console/handheld market if they have massive financial problems.

That's great and all, but you didn't answer my question...

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

186. Posted:

He did but in a way of it would never happen.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

187. Posted:

Cmon man this is the golden age of American Tv. Just watch Kamchatka, and cable channels

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eternalstar0211

188. Posted:

For me,this may only happen to Nintendo if Miyamoto is gone.When that happens,I will be getting an eBay account and looking up for Wii and wii u games.
If this happens to Sony or Microsoft,I would not care.

Edited on by eternalstar0211

Now Waiting for: Animal Crossing 3ds and the Wii U
Love forum games!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

189. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

He did but in a way of it would never happen.

No...no...he just completely avoided the question. This is a "What If?" scenario. There is no, "Well, that's just impossible. I pass." response to What If questions.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

190. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

He did but in a way of it would never happen.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

No...no...he just completely avoided the question. This is a "What If?" scenario. There is no, "Well, that's just impossible. I pass." response to What If questions.

I'm not avoiding your question, which was simply asking for the impossible. I simply just told you cold, hard facts. Sony and Microsoft are MAJOR electronic companies that roll in billions of more dollars than Nintendo could ever dream of coming close to. You might as well say that Sony or Microsoft will go bankrupt, because that is essentially what it will take for them to drop out of the console wars. Like I said, Sony and Microsoft have a lot more money than Nintendo do. Not only that, but they have a lot more third party support and popularity than Nintendo currently has.

Sony and Microsoft can pull themselves out of a financial situation a hell of a lot easier than Nintendo can. Both companies are also one of the biggest electronic companies in their respective country of origin. I wouldn't be surprised if the government would help them financially because of their importance IF they ever got in that bad of a financial bind. I highly doubt that Nintendo is in any such position.

The biggest difference between Sony and Microsoft compared to Nintendo is that the latter company is the only first party left that concentrates solely on video games. This puts said company in a much riskier financial position.

There also has to be competition in the video game market. In other words, you need at least two traditional video game consoles competing with each other. If Sony and/or Microsoft drop out of the console wars, then that would mean we are heading toward a future where traditional video game consoles will no longer be usable (which I'm not too fond of to be honest) and replaced by this rumored digital only cloud service BS that some journalists seem to think it's the best thing since sliced bread, but that's going way off topic here. But even if something like that happened, it will never happen in our lifetimes.

The point of the matter is that as long as there are traditional video game consoles, then Sony and Microsoft will be in the console wars. Nintendo however can drop out of the console wars without major changes to the video game market.

But go ahead and claim that I didn't answer your question, because I did...twice. I can't tell you what I will do in a ''What If?'' situation when something like that is practically impossible. But hey, if it makes you feel any better, you can mock me and say ''I told you so'' if something like that ever happened. :P

@KKSlider: I'm not trolling anyone. Instead, I'm entertained by this thread. ;)

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

191. Posted:

You say Microsoft and Sony roll in more money than Nintendo with such pride, I swear you're forgetting the fact that Nintendo only makes video game related merchandise.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

192. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

You say Microsoft and Sony roll in more money than Nintendo with such pride, I swear you're forgetting the fact that Nintendo only makes video game related merchandise.

Nope, I'm saying that Microsoft and Sony are much better off financially than Nintendo because they don't concentrate only on video games like Nintendo does. I'm well aware of the facts, Chrono. ;)

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

193. Posted:

@Knux
If someone asks you a "What If" question, then it involves you coming up with an scenario even if it isn't possible to happen.

You stated that the "What if" was impossible.
UR DOIN IT WRONG.

...Also, if a company doesn't focus on just one market, say video games, yet FAILS in the other ones, then they can most definitely be worse off then one who is less broad in markets. Of course, I'm not saying that Sony or Microsoft do badly in their other pursuits, but you are being overly smug in your 'fact' that Nintendo will never be as financially successful as Sony or MS, which, looking at Sony's losses last year, is not quite an impossibility.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

194. Posted:

Microsoft and Sony are better off financially than Nintendo? Please Knuxx, wow us with your newly found wisdom!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

195. Posted:

Guys, lay off Knux. He's got the right idea.

Nintendo is running a high-risk business. When you focus on one core product (in this case, gaming), it's relatively easy for the entire castle to fall down around you. If gaming continues to transition to iOS devices and the like, Nintendo is going to struggle.

Sony struggled with a very difficult transition away from old ways to do business and unprofitable hardware, to where it's headed now - content and Cloud. Both of which are profitable areas of opportunity, and coupled with Sony's multiple product lines, should see it re-emerge as a healthy company.

Microsoft... the lack of understanding about the breadth of Microsoft services amazes me. Microsoft is not a consumer business, first and foremost - that's a very small piece of its pie. Its enterprise services - cloud and the like - as well as its very powerful developer and OEM partnership model means it would easily survive if the entire consumer business fell off a cliff. Microsoft could easily go the same way IBM did and forget about selling stuff to people, and focus on selling stuff to business.

If Nintendo wants to stick to the gaming business, that's fine, but Nintendo would also be well aware that it is running a high risk business model. Don't attack Knux for pointing that out.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

196. Posted:

Don't get down on knux laying down that hot truth.

Nintendo is in the wordy position going into next-gen.

Hey waltz your knowledgeable on business. How big is the rumored buyoit of yatter?

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

197. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Don't get down on knux laying down that hot truth.

Nintendo is in the wordy position going into next-gen.

Hey waltz your knowledgeable on business. How big is the rumored buyoit of yatter?

You mean Yammer? Microsoft's looking at about a billion, I think.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

198. Posted:

Yeah thats the one. I'm wondering will they let it work on its own like they allow skype to or will they try to inrergate it into there sharepoint suite's social features.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

199. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Yeah thats the one. I'm wondering will they let it work on its own like they allow skype to or will they try to inrergate it into there sharepoint suite's social features.

[/div]

I would bet that it's going to be worked into Sharepoint. Microsoft is pretty keen on Cloud collaboration at the moment, and Messenger isn't enough for corporates.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

200. Posted:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

What about a wonderswan

[/div]

Untitled

From the sound of it, Wonderswan has potential. It was a handheld that was able to play both vertically and horizontally, it lasted a while, and was Gunpei Yokoi's (maker of the Gameboy/Virtual Boy) final project

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus