Forums

Topic: What do you think of the Wii U's 2014 Nintendo titles?

Posts 21 to 40 of 55

LzWinky

Nintendo doesn't have unlimited resources to make multiple retail titles, at least not that much

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Punished_Boss_84

WaLzgi wrote:

Nintendo doesn't have unlimited resources to make multiple retail titles, at least not that much

Did you forget the almighty 2013 for 3DS? And the possibly almighty 2015 for Wii U?

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Ryno

I need to see this 2015 10+ games list for Wii U.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Octane

Ryno wrote:

I need to see this 2015 10+ games list for Wii U.

You asked, we delivered:

Octane wrote:

2015 starts off with Captain Toad for Europe, that's for sure.

January 2015:

• Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (PAL)

1st Half 2015:

• Mario Maker
  • Project Giant Robot
  • Splatoon
  • Yoshi's Woolly World

2015:

• Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Mario Party 10
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong
  • Project Guard
  • Star Fox
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • The Legend of Zelda

To Be Determined:

• Devil's Third
  • SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI X FIRE EMBLEM

Source:

This is all that's confirmed for now. If you're interested in rumours, there's one floating around about a ''big'' remastered game for the Wii U coming in 2015.

Source:

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Ryno

Oh thanks, I forgot about the Project Guard and Robot and Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

renaryuugufan92

Lets see...

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Its alright definetly better than Returns but still left alot to be desired at least for me it did
Mario Kart 8: Great! Its quickly becoming my most played game and thats thanks to a fun online experience, something other Nintendo games (Hyrule Warriors, SM3DW, NSMBU/LU) should benefit from
Fatal Frame 5: Oh right, it hasn't been localized... japan only atm..... published by Nintendo, ummm, Fatal Frame 4, the FF2 remake, and now, .. They really should consider doing a 3 in one pack for the u.s >.> seriously.

Bayonetta 2+1 - Still Waiting
Smash U: Still Waiting

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

jariw

If I extend 2014 just a bit backwards to the release of SM3DW, I think the soundtracks of 2014 might beat the 2015 lineup:

• SM3DW changed to a new direction for Mario game soundtracks, in the same way as SM Galaxy 1 changed the direction before.
  • Tropical Freeze got a truly amazing sound track by David Wise. The only minor drawback was that it wasn't all live instruments, but that was a choice made to keep the sound more closely to the original games in the series.
  • MK8 continued the SM3DW with excellent live performances and great remakes of the old music.
  • Hyrule Warriors got "rock Zelda", that matched the gameplay well.
  • Don't know that much about the Bayo 2 soundtrack, but Platinum has a good soundtrack history.
  • Super Smash for the Wii U will probably have much more music material than most will ever listen to, and the quality of the remakes/remixes from the 3DS version are really promising.

In 2015, I only see Zelda and Xenoblade Chronicles X as big soundtrack contenders to the 2014 lineup. But perhaps there will be surprises ahead.

jariw

CanisWolfred

I'll let you know when I can hold all these games.

Punished_Boss wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Did you forget the almighty 2013 for 3DS? And the possibly almighty 2015 for Wii U?

A lot of the Wii U games in 2013 were in development for a while, and they released, like, 10 games on the 3DS that year? It was the other publishers who made up most of the influx that year, IIRC.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Drawdler
  • Tropical Freeze was awesome, best 2D platformer I played in a while.
  • Mario Kart 8 is worse than 7 to me, mainly due to very poor balance that leaves only a few viable kart combos for online, which makes it less fun to experiment with builds and took a lot of the fun away for me. While there were crappy/inferior builds in 7, the lesser builds and all the lightweight karters aren't put at the same kind of horrible disadvantage of those in 8.
  • Hyrule Warriors was exactly what I expected: pretty fun to me 'cause I like the Zelda series, but not that memorable for that even, nor very good outside of that. It seems a little overrated to me.

I can't even remember buying any other Wii U titles... I won't buy Bayonetta, and Captain Toad isn't out here until next year , but I'm pretty excited for Smash.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

crimsoncavalier

Ryno wrote:

How many games do you expect Nintendo to unreasonably reasonably pump out a year?

Nintendo needs to pump out more games. It comes down to basically the loss of 3rd party support, and the need for the Wii U consumer to remain engrossed in the Wii U. Otherwise, the Wii U consumer could/will go to the competition. It's a shame, but this is something that needs to happen.

Either Nintendo themselves need to develop more games, or they need to publish more, or (and this is something I really support) they need to buy some 3rd party developers. But something NEEDS to happen, otherwise there will be a severe lack of content, and the consumer will have no choice but to go elsewhere.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Punished_Boss_84

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Ryno wrote:

How many games do you expect Nintendo to unreasonably reasonably pump out a year?

Nintendo needs to pump out more games. It comes down to basically the loss of 3rd party support, and the need for the Wii U consumer to remain engrossed in the Wii U. Otherwise, the Wii U consumer could/will go to the competition. It's a shame, but this is something that needs to happen.

Either Nintendo themselves need to develop more games, or they need to publish more, or (and this is something I really support) they need to buy some 3rd party developers. But something NEEDS to happen, otherwise there will be a severe lack of content, and the consumer will have no choice but to go elsewhere.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

jariw

crimsoncavalier wrote:

But something NEEDS to happen, otherwise there will be a severe lack of content, and the consumer will have no choice but to go elsewhere.

How many games do you actually need? My main problem is that I don't have the time to complete all great games I have already. The balance of great 1st/2nd parties, occasional 3rd parties, and many excellent indies are quite enough for me.

jariw

crimsoncavalier

jariw wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

But something NEEDS to happen, otherwise there will be a severe lack of content, and the consumer will have no choice but to go elsewhere.

How many games do you actually need? My main problem is that I don't have the time to complete all great games I have already. The balance of great 1st/2nd parties, occasional 3rd parties, and many excellent indies are quite enough for me.

I'm with you on this. I also have other things to do, and I don't always have time to get all the games I would like. But there ARE people who do have the time. I wish I could say Nintendo should cater to ME specifically, but that isn't the case.

If there are people out there who have the time/disposable income to get 4-5 games a year, they have to be able to cater to that market.

I said this in another thread: Nintendo has to pick up the slack left by 3rd party developers/publishers.

If we are going to miss Call of Duty 2015 (and please, don't think I care about this rehash of a game, but some people do), then Nintendo has to fill THAT void with a game themselves. An alternative to it. I mentioned something in the lines of Metroid Prime. If we are going to miss out on the Resident Evil ReRemake, then they need to bring over Fatal Frame. And so on.

So while this fall I will have time to get one new game, some people may have the time to get two or maybe even three games this fall. But what if there AREN'T two-three games for them to get? Maybe they get one for Wii U and one for PS4? That's one sale potentially lost.

crimsoncavalier

jariw

crimsoncavalier wrote:

If we are going to miss Call of Duty 2015 (and please, don't think I care about this rehash of a game, but some people do), then Nintendo has to fill THAT void with a game themselves. An alternative to it. I mentioned something in the lines of Metroid Prime. If we are going to miss out on the Resident Evil ReRemake, then they need to bring over Fatal Frame. And so on.

Why should they do like everyone else, and have similar products? Why not try new angles and ideas instead, such as Captain Toad, Splatoon and Mario Maker? And in the same way, I think it's crazy that another console releases Knack just because Nintendo has a solid lineup of platformers. Games are about having fun, not about filling voids.

However, new Metroid games are in development.

crimsoncavalier wrote:

So while this fall I will have time to get one new game, some people may have the time to get two or maybe even three games this fall. But what if there AREN'T two-three games for them to get? Maybe they get one for Wii U and one for PS4? That's one sale potentially lost.

It's not a potentially lost sale, since the product wasn't there in the first place. If another platform doesn't have a Mario Maker clone, it isn't a lost sale on their platform. I rather see Nintendo (and other developers) focus on quality rather than quantity. And FWIW, this fall I'm getting much more than 2-3 Wii U games.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

crimsoncavalier

jariw wrote:

Why should they do like everyone else, and have similar products? Why not try new angles and ideas instead, such as Captain Toad, Splatoon and Mario Maker? And in the same way, I think it's crazy that another console releases Knack just because Nintendo has a solid lineup of platformers. Games are about having fun, not about filling voids.

I'm getting my threads messed up, but let me rephrase something I said in a different discussion:

Nintendo needs to mix the innovation you and I know and love (the different angles and ideas you mentioned) with mainstream marketability. Why? Because while Nintendo is in the business of fun, it's also in the business of making money. So Nintendo needs to fill in voids left by third-parties because otherwise there will be a lack of software, which is what sells consoles.

Now, while you and I may prefer games like Splatoon (I'm actually looking forward to this game VERY much) and Mario Maker (same), there are obviously millions of gamers out there that do want Call of Duty Again, Assassin's Creed, Generic Rehashed Shooter 13. If they can't get this experience, as stupid as you and I may think it to be, they will go elsewhere to get it.

crimsoncavalier wrote:

jariw wrote:

It's not a potentially lost sale, since the product wasn't there in the first place. If another platform doesn't have a Mario Maker clone, it isn't a lost sale on their platform. I rather see Nintendo (and other developers) focus on quality rather than quantity. And FWIW, this fall I'm getting much more than 2-3 Wii U games.

Great. Like I said, I don't have time to get many games this fall/winter.

Let me give you an example, based on myself (I can't speak for anyone else, though I would assume there are at least SOME people out there that were in the same boat as I was):

I bought an X360 before I bought a Wii (it came out first, after all), and I bought it exclusively to play Oblivion. The Elder Scrolls is my second favorite franchise behind Zelda, and right before Resident Evil. I played Oblivion to death until I got my Wii, and then I didn't touch my 360 for MONTHS, while I played the crap out of my Wii.

However, slowly, I stopped playing as much Wii, and more 360. Why? Because Wii didn't have Mass Effect. Because Wii had watered down versions of games that had full versions on other consoles. Had the Wii had Mass Effect, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc., I would never had gotten a 360. The ONLY reason I got the 360 was to play those games.

The Wii had a void in certain genres and styles of games that the 360 filled. In the end, it ended up that the Wii was my supplementary console, and my 360 became my main console.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy the Wii. I still play Wii, and I hardly ever play 360 anymore, but that's not the point. The point is I could have NOT gotten a 360 and focused all my purchases on Wii, and not 360. That was back in the day, when I had more time to play.

I imagine there are tons of people out there that can afford one console because of money or time, and they have to make their purchases based on what software is available. I picked the Wii U, because I'm a Nintendo fan. But Consumer Joe may not, because he sees a distinct lack of a certain type of game, and so he goes to PS4.

Edited on by crimsoncavalier

crimsoncavalier

Grumblevolcano

sub12 wrote:

and although I think Bayonetta 2 will be a killer title, I reckon it will fly under the radar of a lot of non-core Wii U owners, unfortunately

Honestly I think it'll fly under the radar of lots of core Wii U users too, especially if the Mario Kart 8 DLC is early November.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

sub12

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Ryno wrote:

......and that folks, is why I bought a PS4 early this year after being a launch customer for the Wii U...........I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

sub12

kkslider5552000

sub12 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Ryno wrote:

......and that folks, is why I bought a PS4 early this year after being a launch customer for the Wii U...........I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

I'm not sure why this information matters to me when everything I want that's on Ps4 (barring Infamous) I can get on PC or my 360.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

sub12

kkslider5552000 wrote:

sub12 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I'm not sure why this information matters to me when everything I want that's on Ps4 (barring Infamous) I can get on PC or my 360.

Dunno, it doesn't matter what your platform of choice may be, it's just an example alluding to the fact that the continued software droughts on the Wii U will inevitably lead to consumers purchasing competing consoles or personal computers.

sub12

unrandomsam

Xenoblade Chronicles X and Mario Maker might satisfy me for a few months each. (In the best case scenario).

The rest I want for 2015 on the Wii U I guess will last me a week or two each which still leaves loads of time waiting for games. (Based on NSMBU/3D World/Tropical Freeze etc). Splatoon depends on the amount of variety and quantity of the game modes.

With the SNES I had more games available than I could ever play (And I always got the one I wanted the most out of a choice of loads I really wanted). Still not quite run out even after all this time. (Although I have finished all the stuff I wanted to the most).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.