Forums

Topic: What do we know of 2015 release schedule?

Posts 41 to 60 of 61

NinjaWaddleDee

Hopefully Xenoblade comes out nowhere near Zelda. Otherwise, I may have to choose and get the other one later... I'm still deciding what will be my "Christmas game" lol. And it seems like Zelda will probably be that for me, as Smash Wii U was my Christmas game this past year.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

jariw

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Hopefully Xenoblade comes out nowhere near Zelda. Otherwise, I may have to choose and get the other one later... I'm still deciding what will be my "Christmas game" lol. And it seems like Zelda will probably be that for me, as Smash Wii U was my Christmas game this past year.

Apparently, Target in the US now has preorder cards for Xenoblade Chronicles X now, so it might actually be a summer release outside Japan.
Untitled

jariw

Octane

Xenoblade is coming sooner than I thought by the looks of it.

Octane

WebHead

XCX will probably be out around the end of summer I think. And surely Nintendo is doing everything in their power to get Zelda u out in time for black Friday.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

NinjaWaddleDee

jariw wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Apparently, Target in the US now has preorder cards for Xenoblade Chronicles X now, so it might actually be a summer release outside Japan.
Untitled

Oh my goodness! I hope it comes out in August at least. If it comes out in July, that would be even better! Hopefully we'll find out the US and Europe release date by then. I hope June and July aren't barren for the Wii U, but I'm just going to assume that they will be. Hopefully they will bring out Devil's Third and Xenoblade X, but again, I doubt it.

My ideal release schedule:

Splatoon - May
Devil's Third - Late June, Early July
Xenoblade X - Early or late August
Star Fox - September
Mario Maker - October
Zelda - November

I wonder when they will release Yoshi's Wooly World? That game is easily on my must have list, along with Splatoon, Xenoblade, and Zelda. It's already almost half way through February, I thought Yoshi was supposed to be a first half of 2015 title? Maybe that will be our April Wii U game?

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

jariw

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I wonder when they will release Yoshi's Wooly World? That game is easily on my must have list, along with Splatoon, Xenoblade, and Zelda. It's already almost half way through February, I thought Yoshi was supposed to be a first half of 2015 title? Maybe that will be our April Wii U game?

Yes, Yoshi is still first half 2015. That game is one of the contenders for the current hole in April for the current schedule. But we will probably have to wait until some week after the New 3DS release until Nintendo start mentioning Wii U titles again.

jariw

IceClimbers

We'll probably get a release date for Yoshi in the next Nintendo Direct in early March. I'm assuming Yoshi is coming in April.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

crimsoncavalier

I really hope X comes out before fall semester of this year. Otherwise, I'm going to have to miss out on it, and that will make me very sad. I asked the guy at my local GS and he told me they don't even have X in their system yet, so ... but with it coming out soon in Japan, I think we may see it before Fall of this year.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

cookiex

Since Zelda is Wii U's big holiday title it's basically guaranteed to come out the week before Thanksgiving.

I'm willing to bet Yoshi comes out in June, Devil's Third and Xenoblade land in August/September and Star Fox in October.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

IceClimbers

So what do you think will happen for the 3DS in the second half of the year?

My predictions (for NA):

Pokemon Z (or X2/Y2)
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2
Yokai Watch (perhaps they'll pull a Bayonetta and do a double pack with the second game)
Fire Emblem If
Bravely Second
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest

Etrian Odyssey V and the new Rhythm Heaven game will likely come in spring 2016.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

gcunit

Does this look like a 3DS thread? Gedouda here!

Surely they'll be a Direct in February? I thought we were meant to be getting a game a month this year...?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

gcunit wrote:

Surely they'll be a Direct in February? I thought we were meant to be getting a game a month this year...?

On average yes (12 games are scheduled for this year);

Kirby, Mario Party 10, Yoshi, Splatoon, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, Star Fox, Mario vs DK, Mario Maker, Devil's Third, Xenoblade X, and Zelda.

Nintendo never said they were going to release a game every month.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Octane wrote:

gcunit wrote:

Kirby, Mario Party 10, Yoshi, Splatoon, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, Star Fox, Mario vs DK, Mario Maker, Devil's Third, Xenoblade X, and Zelda.

True but at the moment it looks like for Europe it will only be 2 games in the first half (Mario Party 10, Splatoon)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Octane wrote:

gcunit wrote:

True but at the moment it looks like for Europe it will only be 2 games in the first half (Mario Party 10, Splatoon)

Well, and Captain Toad. That's 3 already, and who knows what they'll announce for April, May and June.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

So what do you think will happen for the 3DS in the second half of the year?

My predictions (for NA):

Pokemon Z (or X2/Y2)
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2
Yokai Watch (perhaps they'll pull a Bayonetta and do a double pack with the second game)
Fire Emblem If
Bravely Second
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest

Etrian Odyssey V and the new Rhythm Heaven game will likely come in spring 2016.

I hope not. There needs to be more than just JRPGs.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

Octane wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Octane wrote:

gcunit wrote:

Well, and Captain Toad. That's 3 already, and who knows what they'll announce for April, May and June.

Captain Toad is arguable because although the official release date was in January 2015, everywhere except the Nintendo UK Online Store and eshop released it 2 weeks earlier. For this reason, I consider it a 2014 game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I don't know where you sources are for this. AFAIK, there were 3 games mentioned with first half 2015 releases on the last European Nintendo Direct. And the Supplementary Info from Nintendo's Investor Meeting (info released January 29th 2015) lists 5 games for the first half 2015 in Europe if you don't count Captain Toad. In addition to that, Devil's Third has already been classified for Australia (which happened at approximately the same time as Mario Party 10 got its classification).

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Only in some UK stores, most (mainland) stores didn't sell the game until January 2nd.

Octane

Dreamsleep

jariw wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Untitled

HOLY CRAP!

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

kkslider5552000

A retail like Target suggesting that Xenoblade has relevance of any type through this is almost surreal compared to 4-5 years ago.

or any JRPG that isn't SE or Pokemon, let's be honest

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.