Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,761

cookiex

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Both boxarts for TP HD have Twili Midna which I don't understand given you only see her after beating the final boss (at least that's what I remember). Here's the EU boxart:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/250050-the-legend-of-zelda-twil...

She can (partially) be seen during the cutscene where Midna explains her backstory (I think it played just as you entered Gerudo Desert).

And her artwork is ripped straight from this promotional image from when the game originally came out so this is nothing new.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Octane

I don't mind non-imp Midna on the cover. I would've replaced Ganon with Zant though.. But still, I'm glad we're getting the Japanese box art, the NA box art is just terrible, this one is much closer to the original.

Octane

iKhan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Both boxarts for TP HD have Twili Midna which I don't understand given you only see her after beating the final boss (at least that's what I remember). Here's the EU boxart:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/250050-the-legend-of-zelda-twil...

That's a big time spoiler too. We aren't supposed to know how hot Midna actually is until the end.

Also, from these Famitsu screenshots, the game is looking a lot more impressive now that we've seen more than open fields.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

cookiex

Tsurii wrote:

@iKhan: Nintendo seem to have a thing for showing spoilers in promotional material recently..when they're not blowing their load early, revealing all of the content of one of their game before release (Mario Kart + Tennis, Smash, Hyrule Warriors didn't have any "secret" characters we didn't know about before the was released)

Smash's secret characters were leaked, not revealed officially until after the 3DS version was out.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Kimyonaakuma

Is it true that they reduced the amount of tears of light in TPHD?
Apparently it's 12 instead of 16...

Kimyonaakuma

renaryuugufan92

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

Untitled

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

jariw

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

I saw this mentioned on NeoGAF, but the assumtion was only based on the Famitsu screen shot apparently.

jariw

Octane

@Tsurii: No, they were all the same; 16 in each area. The Twilit Bloat had only tear, that hasn't changed. It appeared once you collected 15 tears in the Lanayru province.

Octane

jariw

FWIW, I noticed this comment in the GameXplain video regarding the 12 tears of light:

"Gamexplain, I'm disappointed of you... In one of the screenshots (the one where Link stands in front of his house) you can see that Link carries 2000 rupees, even though the total amount of rupees you could carry, was originally 1000. So there's another change."

EDIT: GameXplain posted a video about this now:

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Octane

@Tsurii: There were definitely more condensed in Faron. In Eldin they were spread out over Kakariko Village, the graveyard and even Death Mountain iirc. Lanayru was just a huge province in general, a lot of water and a slow swimming speed didn't do the length of the quest much good either.

Octane

iKhan

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

Well that sucks. I loved the tears of light quest. It really gave you a chance to take in the twilight atmosphere, and the figuring out how to get the bugs out of their hiding places was a fun puzzle.

If anything in TP needs to be cut, it's the Owl Statue quest. That's just straight up busy work.

They probably won't do this, but I think it would be an awesome idea if they changed the Dominion Rod such that it allows you to take control of certain enemies as well (like Bokoblins)

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Dezzy

So desperately needs updated geometry. 10 poly rocks are not acceptable in 2016.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

LaserdiscGal

Dezzy wrote:

So desperately needs updated geometry. 10 poly rocks are not acceptable in 2016.

As president I'll have AT LEAST 12 Poly Rocks per area!
Santa/Vader 2016
This message is paid for by Sith Lords National

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Haru17

Guys, you can't recognize non-imp Midna unless you've played the game before. It's just another ambiguous, cool-looking character design on the cover of a JRPG. See FF since forever.

Also, the new concept art is pretty decent.

>the new concept art is pretty decent.

>>the new concept art.

Wut?

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

Character art.

You're saying there's a difference? ...Why?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

shani

iKhan wrote:

Also, from these Famitsu screenshots, the game is looking a lot more impressive now that we've seen more than open fields.

I just saw this comparison (first and second post from StonePT and Kewl0210) with the 1080p dolphin version and the original Wii/GC version. They definitely improved the textures in the HD remake, it looks better than the emulated HD version.
Earlier when I saw the trailer, I commented that it doesn't look much better than the original and thought this would make sense since they decided for WWHD and against TPHD back then because the resolution didn't improve TPHD that much. They didn't replace the textures in WWHD because they didn't need to, but obviously they did more work on TPHD and replaced the textures.

Tsurii wrote:

Nintendo seem to have a thing for showing spoilers in promotional material recently..when they're not blowing their load early, revealing all of the content of one of their game before release (Mario Kart + Tennis, Smash, Hyrule Warriors didn't have any "secret" characters we didn't know about before the was released) or they outright show spoilers in their trailers like showing Fiora in Project X-Zone or showing the ending of Xenoblade X in the launch trailer (I'm serious...they literally showed the last scene before the credits roll)

Well, but does that count as a spoiler nowadays? From my understanding, it can't be a spoiler if you don't know what it is. You claim the XCX launch trailer showed the game's ending? Then you surely must have completed the story already, otherwise you wouldn't know it's the ending. The way I see it, the XCX launch trailer didn't show the ending because we didn't know the ending. Therefore, for someone who hasn't played the game yet, the trailer just showed us some random scenes.
I've watched several trailers of it and never noticed anything. And I'm in chapter 10 right now, so no spoilers please.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

jariw

More new info, from the amazon.fr product listing:

• Hero mode, unlockable from start
  • Switch between hero and normal mode at any time
  • Items inventory on the Gamepad, without interrupting the gameplay
  • The wolf link amiibo unlocks a special cave.
  • Regular Zelda franchise amiibo can be used get things like hearts and arrows

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/zelda-twilight-princess-hd-...

Personally, my guess is that the unlockable special cave will be a connection to the Zelda U game, based on how they described the Wolf Link amiibo functionality during the Direct.

jariw

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.