Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,761

Haru17

I couldn't care less about the mirrored thing. One thing I learned replaying TP on gamecube (after playing it at launch on Wii) was that left / right don't matter—it's the same game. The environments are literally the same, they just feel slightly unfamiliar.

What Twilight Princess does need is a scene replay mode. Each dungeon, each boss, each Twilight section, and each story sequence (learning to wrestle, various instances of saving children, etc.) need a quicksave that I can select from the first time I see the main menu, play, and create a save file for if I so desire.

Sure, sure, but it behind a spoiler wall, but this is a remaster on Wii U. Basically everyone who's buying it has already played this game and those who haven't can exercise some self control if they don't want spoilers (as they already have to do b/c youtube). There's no need for any moronic 'git gud' / 'waste more of your life in some sacrificial rite inexplicably involving a computer game' complexes.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Randomname19

It's not gonna happen, but if Nintendo turned the sumo part into it's own (wiiu eshop) game with more playable Zelda characters( Mayor Bo included),I would buy it.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

jariw

Here's a cool fan art. It references lots of available and arriving Nintendo games and other stuff, although Twilight Princess HD and Splatoon are the most obvious references:

Untitled
Source:
http://stupjam.tumblr.com

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Haru17

Wait, what's the lightning / fire from?

Shinion

I love that pic! Though I too don't recognise a few elements of it, the Inklink's (see what I did there?) mask, the thing on Wolf Link's head and Wolf Link's tail. Oh and yes I would love Zelda sumo-wrestling to be its own game series lol.

Shinion

Haru17

TheLastLugia wrote:

I love that pic! Though I too don't recognise a few elements of it, the Inklink's (see what I did there?) mask,

Inkle.

the thing on Wolf Link's head

(Star) Wolf.

and Wolf Link's tail. Oh and yes I would love Zelda sumo-wrestling to be its own game series lol.

Link's Sumo Training? ....7/10, not bad.

But for real, does anyone expect Link's Crossbow Training Remastered as a mode? I kinda liked it, TP's environments & assets were just so preeety it was fun to revisit them. They could contextualize it by incorporating it as a minigame run by The Resistance (I can dream).

Edited on by Haru17

jariw

TheLastLugia wrote:

the Inklink's (see what I did there?) mask

That mask is a new item in the latest Splatoon update.

TheLastLugia wrote:

Wolf Link's tail.

Tsurii wrote:

And yeah...the lightning seems out of place. I have no idea what that's supposed to reference either.

Tail+Lightning = Pokken Tournament?

jariw

iKhan

Morpheel wrote:

I think it should be a separate option (the whole mirroring thing).

Ideally sure, but it would be way easier for Tantalus to just flip the game and add in the Wii control scheme than for them to try to get the Wii control scheme to work for the unmirrored game.

That said, @Chandlero might be right unfortunately. The Wii Remote is an accessory for the Wii U, so you get the same "peripheral problem" you saw with Kinect, Move, and Motion+. Adding motion controls doesn't really contribute to sales at all, as the entire base has an alternative.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Eel

What would they need to "try and get to work" about the Wii remote scheme with the unmirrored game?

The only reason they flipped that version to begin with was because they wanted link to be righ handed, nothing more. With the amount of "motion controls" the game had, Link's handedness is completely irrelevant if you ask me.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

What would they need to "try and get to work" about the Wii remote scheme with the unmirrored game?

The only reason they flipped that version to begin with was because they wanted link to be righ handed, nothing more. With the amount of "motion controls" the game had, Link's handedness is completely irrelevant if you ask me.

True, the difficulty only comes in if they want Link to be right handed in the unmirrored, gamecube world. Mainly because of cutscene continuity in that either Link or the world would have to flip (unless they wanted to render them twice more).

iKhan

Morpheel wrote:

I would assume they were programmed with the assumption that the player was using their right hand. The developers may have taken some directional information into account when programming the controls, such as maybe a slight rightward tilt. If it existed, you probably wouldn't have noticed it while playing, as it likely only made the control scheme less finicky.

I've been working with an accelerometer in a design class this semester, and when you make assumptions about orientation and location, they become much easier extract meaningful information out of.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Eel

You're probably thinking too hard about it. It's really not that in-depth in this game. Moving the wiimote quickly simply activates a button press.

The orientation of the screen or handedness of the player has no effect on it, they just mirrored the game because most people are right handed... So they didn't want to "weird us out" (I don't think anyone would've complained thogh), and flipping the entire game was easier than actually reprogramming it to change Link's handedness.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@jariw: I don't know if that clear Yokai Watch reference to Satoru Iwata is more sad or hilarious.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

jump

I really wish they would say what the Wolf Amiibo actually does in both this game and Zelda U so I know if it's worth pre-ordering or not.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TuVictus

I imagine it won't be much, unless they developed something new just for it, which I doubt. I did enjoy the earlier ideas of maybe storing items or rupees in it for use in Zelda U, eventually.

TuVictus

jump

Operative wrote:

I imagine it won't be much, unless they developed something new just for it, which I doubt. I did enjoy the earlier ideas of maybe storing items or rupees in it for use in Zelda U, eventually.

I'm thinking the same but if it's something like getting Twilight Princess skins for Zelda U I'll be peed I missed out.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jariw

More info arriving tomorrow in the new Famitsu issue.

jariw

Dezzy

How do you know?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kshixson

Amazon Prime members get 20% off any pre-ordered game. that means TLP for 39.99! YAY

kshixson

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.