Forums

Topic: Thoughts on SSB Direct...

Posts 101 to 120 of 199

Rezalack

@CaviarMeths Strangely enough, I think Tharja would be the best pick FE pick as well. She just seems like a really cool character for Smash. It needs a Mage like her.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

MAB

Just think of the 3DS version as a entree and when everyone is sick of the half baked laggy crap online... Along comes the succulent Wii U main course

MAB

Hunter-D

Thoughts on SSB Direct...

I'll never put these games down.

NEVER!

Hunter-D

SkywardLink98

Not enough 3DS. They say it's coming first but show more of the Wii U.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

jariw

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Not enough 3DS. They say it's coming first but show more of the Wii U.

If you HD footage of the characters, moves, etc - why not use that?

jariw

MuchoMochi

First of all,

Although I wish the Wii U version was being released sooner, obviously the game needs a bit more polish, judging from the Rosalina error shown above. It is a great financial move on Nintendo's as well. They know that the console version will sell well, It's one of Nintendo's only core gamer titles that appeals to everyone and it is the first HD title. Many people here say they wish they were being released together because they would prefer the Wii U version, well Nintendo probably realizes this, so with the early release many of us will be tempted to buy it and experience the game. I'll be getting both, but I would have probably only gotten the Wii U version had they not done this, and anyone who says they will probably only buy the 3DS version now and won't drop money for the first HD Smash Bros. and probably the only big Winter release for Wii U is a liar.

All in all I think this game is coming together great, what he said about internet connections is somewhat concerning and I really hope Nintendo makes a really strong push to make this game function online well. Sakurai dropping Kirby Air was just cruel, I wish he would make another one already I don't really like the separation of Sheik and Zelda, but I can see why he did it to balance both characters better. Zero Suit Samus looks like she will get more use from me now. I liked the assist trophies and Megaman's move set is pretty much just how I imagined it would be. I like the modes for the 3DS version and hope the Wii U has a great one to separate the two titles. Move set customization sounds interesting but I'm not sure how it'll flesh out yet. The Master ball as a new item will eb really cool and I can see myself turning on those only for a really hectic round for my friends and I to mess around in.

My biggest disappointment besides having to wait for my preferred version was Making Charizard his own character separate from the Pokemon trainer, and the Greninja announcement. I like using Greninja in Pokemon X/Y, but he is one of the laziest and least appealing looking final evolutions to a starter Pokemon. His jagged face and ears make him look so polygonal, and in comparison to his previous evolutions who look a lot more rounded out I don't think his design makes any sense. His previous Evolutions all had bubble like scarves around their necks, smoother ears and much more expression in their faces. Greninja looks like a bad Strider rip-off. He isn't really an all star of one of Nintendo's best franchises, and I would have pretty much preferred any other character announcement. I'm sure he will play great, but I just don't like looking at him in the game. Chrom would have been a great choice Isaac from Golden Sun, KK Slider would be an awesome addition to the roster and follow the unofficial "most IP's get multiple characters" rule, Maybe Nintendo could have done a throwback Belmont to look like Super Castlevania IV,Ridley from Metroid, I mean the list goes on.

Edited on by MuchoMochi

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

LzWinky

Moorpheel wrote:

The spot for woman in tights is already taken though. Twice.

Wait, three with Sheik.

Sheik is male btw.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JoyBoy

Unca_Lz wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

The spot for woman in tights is already taken though. Twice.

Wait, three with Sheik.

Sheik is male btw.

Why? Because Sheik is flat chested?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

LzWinky

Yup, and the fact that Ocarina of Time (even 3D) referred to Sheik as male

I also noticed that Sheik's face in this game looks a lot more masculine than in Brawl

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

dumedum

My wish for the additional characters:

Wolf / Falco
Captain Falcon
Prof. Layton
Yarn Kirby
A namco character

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Eel

Unca_Lz wrote:

I also noticed that Sheik's face in this game looks a lot more masculine than in Brawl

big spoiler tiem

As much as Sheik likes to pretend she's a dude, that's just a cover to hide the fact that she is in fact Zelda in a disguise.

I'd like to pretend that Zelda hasn't perfected the magic of gender reassignment.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

Moorpheel wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

big spoiler tiem

As much as Sheik likes to pretend she's a dude, that's just a cover to hide the fact that she is in fact Zelda in a disguise.

I'd like to pretend that Zelda hasn't perfected the magic of gender reassignment.

Using the Triforce of Wisdom, Sheik is a man

Yoshi

Unca_Lz wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

big spoiler tiem

Using the Triforce of Wisdom, Sheik is a man

According to Super Smash Bros., Sheik is female.

EDIT: And OoT referring to Sheik as a male? Just a really good disguise.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

LzWinky

Nintendo's just confused on his gender

Yoshi

Unca_Lz wrote:

Nintendo's just confused on his gender

Don't you mean her gender?

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Eel

@brewsky: Since Sheik is presented as an androgynous character at first in Ocarina, her gender defaults to male, and that's good for her.

In Smash Sheik is pretty obviously just Zelda in cosplay, so they see no need to hide her gender there,

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

Moorpheel wrote:

@brewsky: Since Sheik is presented as an androgynous character at first in Ocarina, her gender defaults to male, and that's good for her.

In Smash Sheik is pretty obviously just Zelda in cosplay, so they see no need to hide her gender there,

Have you noticed that Zelda's eye color changes? It's not just an outfit

Yoshi

Unca_Lz wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

Have you noticed that Zelda's eye color changes? It's not just an outfit

This is Zelda's alter ego. Using a variation of the name of the ancient Sheikah tribe, she appears before Link and teaches him melodies instrumental to his success. It's believed that she's not just a quick-change artist, but rather that she is able to instantaneously alter her clothing and her eye and skin color by using her magical skills.

-Sheik's trophy info from Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Now playing:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.