Forums

Topic: Thoughts on SSB Direct...

Posts 181 to 199 of 199

havokpants

well turns out delaying games on wii u is so popular that even nintendo is doing it

havokpants

Nintendo Network ID: HavokPants

Yoshi

havokpants wrote:

well turns out delaying games on wii u is so popular that even nintendo is doing it

Who says it was delayed?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Joeynator3000

Yeah Smash Bros for the Wii U was never delayed, all we knew before is that it was coming out this year. It's still coming out this year.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DudeSean

I know this is late, my here's my response to the direct: I'm honestly not any more excited for the game than I was before the direct. I was already excited for the game. Everything shown in the direct was cool, but nothing shown blew me away, either. Zero Suit Samus, Sheik and Charizard being separate characters is sort of "meh" for me. It's an improvement, but nothing exciting. Greninja looks cool, but since I don't play pokemon his reveal meant nothing to me. Looks like a cool character, though. Honestly, at this point, there's only one character I can think of that would get my excited. Also, I'm looking forward to the Wii U version more, so hearing that the 3DS version is coming soon and the Wii U version later was not exciting, either.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

skywake

Before the direct I was interested in the Wii U version
After the direct I was hyped about both the Wii U and 3DS version and now want to get both

Direct and the release strategy worked
/that discussion

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JayNoobz

Just adding my 2 cents in:

Sheik is Zelda in disguise... If you have either beat Ocarina of Time or read the Hyrule Historia , it tells this.

" Meanwhile, despite the fact that Link was worthy of drawing the Master Sword, his youthful body made him unfit to serve as the Hero of Time. Accordingly, the Master Sword sealed Link within the Sacred Realm.
Within the Temple of Light, the cornerstone of the Sacred Realm, the ancient sage Rauru watched over Link in a small area called the Chamber of Sages. Link, guarded by Rauru, slept for seven long years.
Princess Zelda had no choice but to wait for the seal on Link to be broken. In orderto escape the Demon King's pursuit, she went into hiding by disguising herself as a boy of the Sheikah tribe and adopting the name Sheik."

JayNoobz

Nintendo Network ID: JayNoobz | Twitter:

DudeSean

@JayNoobz I don't understand your point. Sheik is Zelda. You don't have to play Ocarina of Time or read Hyrule Historia to know this. It's apparent in both Melee and Brawl.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

kkslider5552000

the point is that I didn't read his post because Noobz is part of his username

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

DudeSean wrote:

@JayNoobz I don't understand your point. Sheik is Zelda. You don't have to play Ocarina of Time or read Hyrule Historia to know this. It's apparent in both Melee and Brawl.

I can only assume they were bringing up the topic from a few pages back, where people were indeed discussing Sheik's gender.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CaviarMeths

Whoever thinks that the good Cap won't be back is wearing silly pants. Probably on their head. He's a mainstay.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

KryptoniteKrunch

I thought it was an excellent Direct and think the release schedule isn't half as bad as some are making it out to be.

Greninja is gonna be tons of fun to play as, he was my start in PKMN Y and one of my favorite gen. 6 mons. Really happy he's a fighter. I still think Nintendo will confirm the last batch of fighters at E3 or maybe sometime in May. Capt. Falcon, a second Star Fox character, a second Fire Emblem character(Chrom?) and Ness.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

UGXwolf

In a slight response to @DudeSean's reaction to Greninja, I don't play Animal Crossing or Wii Fit, yet their respective inclusions were pretty hype for me, once I saw their movesets.

@JayNoobz and the whole Sheik's gender discussion, we're using the wrong word, anyways. Sheik is a girl, regardless of body parts. There is a counter-argument, but that opens up a can of worms this website isn't really prepared for. Going back to male or female, one could argue that Zelda learned to even change her body parts to match the disguise, as she was disguised as a boy. This doesn't make her any less of a girl, as that's what she identifies as.

@KryptoKrunch That's such a small pool, it's not even funny. I'm sure E3 will be a character reveal, but not the final one. I really doubt we'll see all the characters, anyways. The good Captain, Ness, and Jiggs probably aren't getting announcements, despite their almost too obvious inclusion in the game. I'm sure Falco and Wolf will return, but I doubt they'll announce Wolf. Same goes for G&W, though IC may get an official reveal at E3 or sometime after. Ganondorf is probably going to be at E3, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Wario there, either, as well as up to three newcomers. Maybe more.

As for the character roster, itself, I'm still standing by my size prediction of 42, and hoping for more. I still want Lloyd over Pac-Man, and I still think Palutena and King K. Rool are sure to be playable. Who knows? Maybe K. Rool will just be a stage boss? I'd be cool with that. Just seeing an updated iteration would be nice.

I also think we'll see Magnus as an assist trophy, and we haven't seen all of the new Zelda items, I'm sure. Zelda has been so neglected, in terms of item rep, considering it's a series all about getting items to make previously impossible tasks become possible.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

GuSolarFlare

reggie will be on smash.
it will.
definitely.
there was an image on the direct where he appeared in the corner but they cut so no one would see him fighting

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Uncle_Franklin

CaviarMeths wrote:

Whoever thinks that the good Cap won't be back is wearing silly pants. Probably on their head. He's a mainstay.

Where can I buy these Silly Pants?

Uncle_Franklin

GuSolarFlare

CaviarMeths wrote:

I want to agree but Nintendo seems to be wanting to make everyone forget F-Zero, at least for now...

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

CaviarMeths

GuSilverFlame wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I want to agree but Nintendo seems to be wanting to make everyone forget F-Zero, at least for now...

F-Zero for SNES was one of the first games ever released on the Wii U VC, was recently a Club Nintendo reward, and F-Zero: Maximum Velocity is due next week. They haven't forgotten about the IP quite yet.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

GuSolarFlare

CaviarMeths wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

F-Zero for SNES was one of the first games ever released on the Wii U VC, was recently a Club Nintendo reward, and F-Zero: Maximum Velocity is due next week. They haven't forgotten about the IP quite yet.

you just made my day!
always wanted to try F-Zero, so if the IP dies I'll have to hunt down a new Gamecube and F-Zero GX or I'll be never satisfied!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Samurai_Goroh

GuSilverFlame wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

you just made my day!
always wanted to try F-Zero, so if the IP dies I'll have to hunt down a new Gamecube and F-Zero GX or I'll be never satisfied!

Do it, get a GameCube or a compatible Wii. F-Zero GX is the best racing game of all times. It's also hard as f***, but I can recommend it to anyone with the need for high speed thrills. Even newbies can have a lot of fun playing GP on Novice class. Story Mode on the other hand... it's been keeping me busy to this very day.

Oh, and we have Capt. Falcon too on Nintendo Land. Not sure how relevant that is, but at least it's not completely forgotten.

Samurai_Goroh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.