Forums

Topic: Thoughts on SSB Direct...

Posts 121 to 140 of 199

LzWinky

"She" is referring to Zelda in that paragraph.

Also, in the Japanese version, Sheik is male

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

We can neither confirm nor deny Sheiks ACTUAL sex, but we do know that Sheik is actually Zelda in disguise, and we are aware that Zelda, is female. Even so, it's gender etiquette to refer to someone by the pronouns of their preference, and as Sheik clearly considers himself a "he," regardless of whether or not it's part of the disguise. Sheik is a "he." That said, it doesn't change Sheik's actual sex, and as Smash Bros. refers to Sheik as female--even if you try to suggest it's actually talking about Zelda--the sex has not changed, unless you're willing to prove there's a bulge.

Either way, the whole thing is a gender community nightmare.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

LzWinky

I'm actually willing to admit that Sheik is neither gender and just androgynous

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

Squid wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I don't understand the *Smash" hype

I'm in agreement, somewhat. I've always felt the series was a bit overrated; it's fun, sure, and I'll probably pick it up at launch, but it's not mind-blowing like the way some people treat it.

I honestly don't see how anyone could enjoy another fighting game, but not Smash Bros. I'm not saying everyone needs to love Smash Bros, but if you like fighting games, in general, I don't really see how you'd be unable to enjoy Smash Bros.

Smash Bros. is completely different than your average fighting game like Street Fighter or Tekken. Yes they're both fighting games but they have totally different play styles and appeal to different audiences, Smash Bros. being something more of a party game and less of a dedicated fighter. Smash Bros is probably my favorite game series but even I understand the difference between it and other fighting games; it should be simple to see why not all fighting-game fans like Smash Bros.

What are the differences between these audiences, exactly? I realize the mechanics and such are different. That still doesn't change that they are both fighting games, which is the similarity I was drawing, not the mechanics or play styles.

I play Tekken, MK/Injustice, Capcom vs, and Smash Bros. If I'm playing alot of fighting games and enjoy all of them for having one thing in common(being a fighting game), I'm going to wonder why some would enjoy one series, but not the other.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

citizenerased

You guys should argue about Sheik's gender a bit more.

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Eel

Ok, if you say so.

Whether Zelda considers Sheik to be female or male is irrelevant to this discussion, Sheik still counts as a woman in tights.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JoyBoy

OK, Sheik has to be female because I'm attracted to her. See what you made me do!!!?? >_<

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I don't understand the *Smash" hype

I'm in agreement, somewhat. I've always felt the series was a bit overrated; it's fun, sure, and I'll probably pick it up at launch, but it's not mind-blowing like the way some people treat it.

I honestly don't see how anyone could enjoy another fighting game, but not Smash Bros. I'm not saying everyone needs to love Smash Bros, but if you like fighting games, in general, I don't really see how you'd be unable to enjoy Smash Bros.

Smash is way different gihter because even within the scope of For Glory Play there's this era of ra dimness and it's not as technical as a street fighter or hell even a PlayStation all stars.

First of all, I have no idea what that text is, that I bolded. Secondly, are you kidding? While I realize that Street Fighter, Tekken, and maybe Mortal Kombat/Injustice are somewhat more technical, they also lack things that Smash Bros. has, such as default items(admittedly, Injustice has the stage interactions), more diverse stages, besides cosmetics, and the character's movesets aren't usually nearly as different as Smash Bros.

Also, thinking that PS Battle Royal being more technical than Smash Bros. is horsesh***. No offense.

Keep in mind that the only similarity I'm drawing is that they are fighting games; not necessarily the specifics.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

19Robb92

I don't see how this could be considered female. It's obviously a male body.
Untitled

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

LzWinky

Nintendo is afraid of political correctness

JoyBoy

19Robb92 wrote:

I don't see how this could be considered female. It's obviously a male body.
Untitled

You've never seen female bodybuilders have you? And obviously you haven't seen male ice skaters either. Because they have this huge package down there.

SW-7849-9887-2074

19Robb92

Spanjard wrote:

You've never seen female bodybuilders have you? And obviously you haven't seen male ice skaters either. Because they have this huge package down there.

I've seen both & they don't look like that.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

JoyBoy

As long as Sheik is convinced she is a woman, then that's fine by me.

SW-7849-9887-2074

MuchoMochi

I don't think you guys are very good at reading the title of forums, this one isn't called "Sheik's Package Inspection"...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

LzWinky

Rosalina also has legs through her dress. Game is still in development

64supermario

I almost feel like they did the whole Wii U thing on purpose because they would sell better during Christmas time, as long as they advertise the heck out of it during the holidays it should be good, but yeah I would have preferred the Wii U version be out first, but I'm getting both versions anyways so

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

faint

Squid wrote:

Okay, since we're on the topic of Sheik's gender, is it just me or can I see that Sheik's got boobs in this pic?
Untitled
Maybe it's just a strange angle/pose?

well sheik is zelda hence the boobage. dont tell me you guys never beat ocarina of time?

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.