Forums

Topic: The Wii U can run Unreal Engine 4 but probably won't get it.

Posts 101 to 120 of 211

shingi_70

Trainer_DJ wrote:

Back on the Unreal Engine, so? I don't say this because I don't want Nintendo to have it, but come its fricking Nintendo. They haven't been in the power race for a while. This was a total given. Nintendo isn't going to try and sell something at a huge loss. Let me repeat, Nintendo is not going to sell something at a huge loss. The sooner some of you guys realize this, the better off NL will be. It doesn't matter if you want an Unreal engine, Nintendo wants money. If you want Unreal get a MS, Sony, and PC. But I'm sure some of already have these things, so why do you care. To troll?

Because this means the WIi U will miss out on a ton of games and therefore probably miss out on sales.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Chrono_Cross

V8_Ninja wrote:

I've always had a problem with the "Iwata is a terrible CEO" comment. The man who takes a 50% paycheck cut when his company is failing, frequently hosts a livestream created for fans of his company, and gives developers extra exposure by interviewing them can't be considered a "Bad" CEO, at least if we're assuming that being a CEO means more than doing your best to raise a select few numbers on a year-end review sheet.

All I'm getting from your post is that because Iwata has been positive towards his company's consumers (most of which are unaware) and he took a 50% pay cut once, he doesn't deserve critism for his past mistakes. (All of which has been vaguely recent, by the way.)

No, I'm not biting.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

shingi_70

rallydefault wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

JogurtTheYogurt wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

Why does Iwata still have a job as Nintendo`s CEO again?

Nintendo fanboys praise him like hes a god, hes a terrible CEO, he makes abysmal decisions. as soon as hes replaced or he steps down this year he has said due to bad sales with the wii u ( hopefully) Nintendo will go a better direction than its already heading

At least someone agrees Iwata is terrible at his job.

A mentally challenged monkey would make better progress.

I've always had a problem with the "Iwata is a terrible CEO" comment. The man who takes a 50% paycheck cut when his company is failing, frequently hosts a livestream created for fans of his company, and gives developers extra exposure by interviewing them can't be considered a "Bad" CEO, at least if we're assuming that being a CEO means more than doing your best to raise a select few numbers on a year-end review sheet.

I hate the comment, too. So many people on this NINTENDO forum seem to forget that the Wii U isn't the only console the company has out right now. The DS/3DS family of consoles is currently making a mockery of its competition and more than holding its own in a market saturated with iPhones and Android phones/tablets. Take a look at sales charts... the 3DS is picking up more steam every day with no end in sight. How soon we forget the OTHER aspects of Nintendo. Or how soon some of us willingly decide to ignore reason.

Isnt the 3ds only doing crazy well in Japan and still under preforming in western markets despite getting a bump after the price jump and software started hitting the market. I really wouldn't call what the 3DS is doing sales wise as holding its own if your comparing sales.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Kaeobais

Wow, this is basically the "Everyone is a cynical jerk who will attack anyone who disagrees with them" thread, isn't it? Seriously, you guys, relax.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

V8_Ninja

Chrono_Cross wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

All I'm getting from your post is that because Iwata has been positive towards his company's consumers (most of which are unaware) and he took a 50% pay cut once, he doesn't deserve critism for his past mistakes. (All of which has been vaguely recent, by the way.)

No, I'm not biting.

I didn't intend to say that Iwata doesn't deserve criticism, but rather that declaring him as "Terrible" seems to be overly judgmental and a bit narrow-minded.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

CanisWolfred

rallydefault wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

@Sony_70

"Underperforming"? Compared to what, exactly?

"Nintendo says they've moved 30 million of the little buggers worldwide..."
http://kotaku.com/5984276/dont-look-now-but-the-3ds-has-becom...

Do some research, bud.

Your article does not have that quote. Good thing I did my research.

Dude.... it's in the third-to-last paragraph. ...are you feeling alright?

The hell, I read it 5 times and never saw that paragraph, wtf?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Knux

Why is Kotaku even being used in this thread?

Knux

V8_Ninja

CanisWolfred wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Your article does not have that quote. Good thing I did my research.

Dude.... it's in the third-to-last paragraph. ...are you feeling alright?

The hell, I read it 5 times and never saw that paragraph, wtf?

Unfortunately, it kind-of does have that quote. I checked, too. Use Ctr-F and type in "little buggers". The sentences will be there.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

LzWinky

At this point I'll remain on the fence in this argument until the prices of those so-called "next-gen" games gets released. I'm positive dev costs will go up with such a powerful system to work with

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

rallydefault wrote:

@Sony_70

"Underperforming"? Compared to what, exactly?

"Nintendo says they've moved 30 million of the little buggers worldwide..."
http://kotaku.com/5984276/dont-look-now-but-the-3ds-has-becom...

Do some research, bud.

Isn't that after having to slash their expectations in half in the first place. Also more to the point that he next iphone/gaalalxy will probably rump that 30 million in a week.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

^Well, yeah. They're phones. They kinda do more things than a Portable game system, and appeal to a much wider audience for many different reasons.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

The game industry deserves to die if 30 million units in about 2 years is a bad thing. (spoilers: it's not)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

its not bad but he did say compared to what.

Anywho I think Nintendo needs to go a step further in its ties with indies. They really need to start an Incubation program or something like the Sony pub fund.

WAT!

Amigaengine

I blame Atari ....................and Reggie

Amigaengine

DefHalan

Sony_70 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Also UE4 isn't the only game engine. There are thousands of others and always custom made ones. It effects the Wii U but if Publishers and Devs wanted they could just invest in other engines that are more compatible.

But Unreal will be the most used as its probably the most used in the industry today and that knowledge of 3 will transfer over too 4. Npw on a smaller scale I'm expecting Unity support to grow as big as UE since its going to be used by a lot of indies.

That is true and that is why it will hurt the Wii U. There are other options that are like UE but not as easy to use. If a Dev or Publisher wanted they could make the game on a different engine from the beginning with just a little more work. I believe the extra sales may compensate for the extra cost of a different engine (paying for the license, teaching people how to use it, more research on fixing bugs) in the long run, especially in a year or so when the Wii U has a bigger instal base.

Plus like what everyone else is saying, another company may figure out how to port it.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.