Forums

Topic: The Wii U can run Unreal Engine 4 but probably won't get it.

Posts 121 to 140 of 211

shingi_70

Amigaengine wrote:

Dreamcast has it lol

Untitled

Well dreamcast is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

NinChocolate

The Wii U is not getting Unreal Engine 4 because Nintendo is cheap cheap cheap. You don't put UE4 into a console that doesn't need it. Nintendo is in the low end market not the high end. UE is designed for the top tech in the market which now includes consoles to certain extents thanks to Sony and Microsoft. And in terms of success in business an industry relies on there being a top and bottom grade. So Nintendo isn't in the wrong to make the consoles it does.

But we're all here because of Nintendo IP. Which there is no upgraded version of if you purchase a premium tech console. A person has to own a Wii U for those experiences, many of which are the pinnacles of their respective genres at times.

There's not much sense in Nintendo crowding Sony's and Microsofts premium console market, even though we'd all like a super console that can offer it all with Nintendo IP and a platform competitive enough for even the most ambitious of the third parties.

If the Wii U fails then its because Nintendo failed to profit in the cheap console market, not because it didn't include the higher grade processors Sony and MS are offering in their products.

Edited on by NinChocolate

NinChocolate

SCRAPPER392

You guys bashing Iwata are as sad as sick dogs. Throwing around the word fanboy doesn't work either. If there are no good reasons to defend a stance, then that is true fanboyism.
Alot of people you guys call fanboys acually have reasons why they like a said company. Sega fanboys have been dead for years, especially if we are talking hardware, which we are. Capcom, Konami, Namco, Microsoft, Hudson Soft, and some others have been in the business for years with hardly any hitches, and are also never the ones complaining about Nintendo.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jamouse

I wish @TBD could ban people for excessive whining.

NL really needs it at the moment.

Jamouse

OptometristLime

Pixelroy wrote:

The Wii U is not getting Unreal Engine 4 because Nintendo is cheap cheap cheap. You can't put UE4 into a console that has a launch price starting with the number 2 (299 for basic).

Sorry but I'm calling BS until you present your sources.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Chrono_Cross

Jamouse wrote:

I wish @TBD could ban people for excessive whining.

NL really needs it at the moment.

A lot of sites need a lot of things.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Itsa

If it can be scaled to mobile platforms and web browsers, is it that the Wii U actually isn't able to handle it, or that there isn't a large enough user base that they'd risk losing money?

3DS FC: 1160-9773-6180

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9773-6180

NinChocolate

@optimist_prime Yes that part is not true from a technical perspective which is not what I was thinking, which was more in a practical sense per the trends of Epic's business. So then It needs to be edited I guess and as it stands it BS, yes. Lol

Edited on by NinChocolate

NinChocolate

Amigaengine

Sony_70 wrote:

Amigaengine wrote:

Dreamcast has it lol

Untitled

Well dreamcast is the greatest thing since cake.

Fixed it for ya

Untitled

Amigaengine

OptometristLime

Pixelroy wrote:

@optimist_prime Yes that part is not true from a technical perspective which is not what I was thinking, which was more in a practical sense per the trends of Epic's business. So then It needs to be edited I guess and as it stands it BS, yes. Lol

Lol, thanks! I appreciate your accountability. :3

Edited on by OptometristLime

noname001

There's no way that game is utilizing the capabilities of the UE4... absolutely nothing graphically is so called 'next generation.' The other tech demos shown however, quite nice.

noname001

OptometristLime

willobee wrote:

There's no way that game is utilizing the capabilities of the UE4... absolutely nothing graphically is so called 'next generation.' The other tech demos shown however, quite nice.

What should we be seeing that is absent from the video?

Pikminboy

Guys he explained why he laughed on an interview with ign

Pikminboy

Aviator

Chrono_Cross wrote:

JogurtTheYogurt wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

Why does Iwata still have a job as Nintendo`s CEO again?

Nintendo fanboys praise him like hes a god, hes a terrible CEO, he makes abysmal decisions. as soon as hes replaced or he steps down this year he has said due to bad sales with the wii u ( hopefully) Nintendo will go a better direction than its already heading

At least someone agrees Iwata is terrible at his job.

A mentally challenged monkey would make better progress.

Marry me.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

noname001

I was just saying that game demo looks like it could be running on UE3 if anything. Not that pretty.

noname001

19Robb92

We'll see how devastating this turns out to be. It's still yet to be determined which engine that will be the most used next-gen.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.