Forums

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Posts 161 to 180 of 337

skywake

@RancidVomit86
Pretty damn clear that's what was being said. If anything I'd argue that the Wii U is by far the friendliest console Nintendo has made for third parties in terms of Nintendo's approach, the hardware spec and the ecosystem. All of the things that the third parties could complain about on the Wii are technically gone on the Wii U.

The only change is the fact that the Wii U hasn't sold. That's it. Period. These big companies aren't spiteful they're just really cold and calculated when looked at as large entities. Doesn't matter how good an idea it is if it doesn't look like it's going to make a large return. The evidence supporting this case would be that indie support on the Wii U isn't falling away, indie support on the Wii U is insane compared to what the Wii had.

If Nintendo were still being difficult then you can guarantee that indie support would be falling at the same rate. It's not. So the only sensible conclusion is that this is purely about the potential for large profit margins.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

RancidVomit86

@SCAR392 But you don't get what I'm saying. I'm not blaming karma or saying that's why. I'm just saying I understand not blamimg 3rd parties for it because of Nintendo's history with them.

More to blame right now could be Nintendo's lack of effort to work with them. Nintendo is known for saying here's the dev kits now figure it out.

Edit: and I guess everyone will take my post out of context anyway. If you guys don't get it I'm not going to waste effort explaining it further. @skywake

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

@Super_Gravy
I don't think they have grudges. 3rd parties are just trying to figure out how to either incorporate the Wii U, or might just be ignoring it for whatever reason.

Seeing as 3rd parties have become used to having 2 big consoles and 1 little one, if they're including Wii U into the big 3 games lineup, it would plenty of time and resources to make that happen. What I'm trying to say is, that even if 3rd parties wanted to support Wii U has best as they could, it would still take time and dedication that probably hasn't reached a certain bar, yet.

Even if 3rd parties have big plans for Wii U, they still wouldn't necessarily be prepared to handle such a task. Consider that they're supporting 2 consoles, and are trying to make it 3. That's just an idea of how things could go.

We already know that Battlefeild 4, 2K 2014, KH3, or Star Wars Battlefront 3 would run on Wii U, so it's just a matter of audience, but that begs to question whether 3rd parties will attempt to capture a new audience or not.

That's my take on this whole thing.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MAN1AC

So much salt in this thread.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

RancidVomit86

@MAN1AC I'll be honest. I don't think any of us forum analyst will ever know why these companies make the decisions they do as none of us are there in the mix.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@SCAR392 But you don't get what I'm saying. I'm not blaming karma or saying that's why. I'm just saying I understand not blamimg 3rd parties for it because of Nintendo's history with them.

More to blame right now could be Nintendo's lack of effort to work with them. Nintendo is known for saying here's the dev kits now figure it out.

Ya, and I said that most of the 3rd parties that were involved in that debacle, are still publishing on Wii U anyway. Capacom, Tecmo, Namco, Konami, Square Enix, etc were all part of Nintendo's little 3rd party deal, way back when, and they're still publishing on Wii U.

It clearly hasn't effected 3rd party support. Saying that karma has anything to with it, is ignoring that Wii U already has a ton of games from many of the companies that were involved in Nintendo's little deal that 30 or so years ago.

Ghost n' Goblins, Pac-Man, Ninja Gaiden, Contra, Final Fantasy, etc. were all on NES.

RE, Monster Hunter, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden, and Deus Ex are all games on Wii U from those same 3rd party companies,that signed that NES deal, so it doesn't look like karma or hard feeling are being had.

Qwest

RancidVomit86

@SCAR392 I'M STILL NOT SAYING THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. I'M JUST SAYING THAT PERSONALLY, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU DO NOT BLAME THEM FOR LACK OF SUPPORT FOR THAT REASON THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT VIEW.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

skywake

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@SCAR392 I'M STILL NOT SAYING THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. I'M JUST SAYING THAT PERSONALLY, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU DO NOT BLAME THEM FOR LACK OF SUPPORT FOR THAT REASON THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT VIEW.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

RancidVomit86

@skywake Thank you cause that's the way I feel with this right now. It's like no one can get what I'm saying.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

kyuubikid213

This thread is awful.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

RancidVomit86

kyuubikid213 wrote:

This thread is awful.

Yes it took that turn awhile back.

Guess let's all just agree congrats to Sony on success thus far and let's hope all can take part in it. Competition only benefits us as consumers.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

kyuubikid213

Congrats, Sony on the impressive sales of your console.

I don't hate Sony by the way. Far from it. I grew up with a PS1 and PS2. I'm upset with other gamers and developers that won't work on the Wii U. I'm upset that every time I open NintendoLife, there's a positive article followed by three negative ones. I'm upset that the world refuses to see the Wii U, perhaps the most interesting console of this generation, as a contender in the 8th gen at all. I'm upset that games have to be about blood and sex to be considered worth buying.

I'm just upset with gaming right now and sometimes I wish I could go back to being a gamer that only used his computer for gaming, FAQs, and walkthroughs.

There. Now I'm done with this thread for good.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Blast

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Congrats, Sony on the impressive sales of your console.

I don't hate Sony by the way. Far from it. I grew up with a PS1 and PS2. I'm upset with other gamers and developers that won't work on the Wii U. I'm upset that every time I open NintendoLife, there's a positive article followed by three negative ones. I'm upset that the world refuses to see the Wii U, perhaps the most interesting console of this generation, as a contender in the 8th gen at all. I'm upset that games have to be about blood and sex to be considered worth buying.

I'm just upset with gaming right now and sometimes I wish I could go back to being a gamer that only used his computer for gaming, FAQs, and walkthroughs.

There. Now I'm done with this thread for good.

Whoa. Great comment!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

How would you be able to, though?

I'm confused, perhaps we should just leave it be.

Qwest

GamecubeMan

RancidVomit86 wrote:

That is a lot of capital letters sir. You must be proud of yourself for accomplishing such a feat. u_u

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

RancidVomit86

@GamecubeMan Well it is the most consecutive caps I have ever used.

@SCAR392 Yeah, we should because we obviously getting nowhere anytime soon. Heck, might just be best to leave this thread be.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

Dreamsleep

PS4 for all the games that Nintendo doesn't tend to make (WRPG's, Sandbox, FPS, TPS, whatever), PC for all the awesome RPG's it has (looking at you Pillars of Eternity) coming to it, and the WiiU for Nintendo's games, and whoever actually makes an effort on the system. That's a wonderful way to get all your gaming goodness right there.

And, if you don't like Sony, switch out the PS4, for Xbone. In other words, who cares. Play what you like. It doesn't matter who sells the most, as long as we have all of these companies staying in business, offering games, and competing with one another. It benefits the consumer, the most.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

shingi_70

Sony can cut a good trailer man.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.