Wii U Forum

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Showing 321 to 340 of 348

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

321. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@open
Not sure if Titanfall will truly drive One sales. Although I'm not personally impressed by it (it's another first person shooter and we'll see many more. not saying it's not a good first person shooter, but it's essentially battlefield with mechs... oh wait... battlefield 2142...), I know a lot of people that are. However, Titanfall is also releasing on PC. If people are patient and it comes through Steam, in a matter of weeks PC gamers will be able to grab the game for significantly less and still have the same graphic potential, same game, and even larger online community.

Yea, plus I feel like most (common) people will buy it on 360 since it is releasing earlier apparently (or was it later). I could be completely wrong though. Oh well. The game just looks like CoD with mechs to me but whatever. Support Microsoft!

It seems a lot faster-paced and more dynamic than Call of Duty to me, and the rocket pack double jump and Parkour moves could make traversing the environment more interesting. I know I'm excited. Heck, I bought a fancy new PC just to play it. Try looking up straight gameplay of it instead of watching the trailers. It's hard to find (these days it's always hard to find decent gameplay on Youtube. Used to be that you could find anything but not anymore...) but worth it, IMO.

I don't plan on playing it, but I just watched an HD gameplay video of it a few minutes ago and was pretty impressed. It looks very good, and is quite different than your standard COD FPS for sure.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

322. Posted:

@Canis, I'll take your word for it. A couple of guys I'm subscribed recently posted some vids on it so I'll check it out.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

323. Posted:

I'm not saying Titanfall's going to be a bad game or anything, I'm only saying it's a first person shooter...and the market's kind of saturated with those.

I'm sure it'll be great, but in time it will be overshadowed by another first person shooter. And that will release alongside another... And another...

And, sadly, once the next Call of Duty comes out, it'll fly off the shelves and leave Titanfall in the dust. I wouldn't be surprised if mechs were put in the next Call of Duty to compete.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

324. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I'm not saying Titanfall's going to be a bad game or anything, I'm only saying it's a first person shooter...and the market's kind of saturated with those.

I'm sure it'll be great, but in time it will be overshadowed by another first person shooter. And that will release alongside another... And another...

And, sadly, once the next Call of Duty comes out, it'll fly off the shelves and leave Titanfall in the dust. I wouldn't be surprised if mechs were put in the next Call of Duty to compete.

We'll see, but Call of Duty is losing some serious momentum, and Titanfall, which IIRC was made by former Call of Duty developers, looks like it might just steal some of CoD's thunder. But then again, we don't know what the next Call of Duty will look like. They could do something radical that gets it lots of attention again. I do think that the series will only continue to go downhill if they put out another incramental upgrade, though, as the public is starting to tire of the formula.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

325. Posted:

@kyuubikid213

FPS world can hold at least four big high profile shooters per gen. Five or Six if you count first party stuff like Halo with a fan base regardless or trends.

Beyond that the current speculation is that Titanfall and Destiny will upsur Battlefield and Call of Duty at their respective publishers.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

326. Posted:

@CanisWolfred @shingi_70
I dunno... Call of Duty and Battlefield aren't titans (excuse the pun) in the gaming market for nothing. We'll see since anything can happen, but I dunno..

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

dumedum

327. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

@dumedum

This is an actual quote you made last month...

"There was nothing lucky or flukey about the Wii. It is a great console that appealed to a lot of people. People are so happy with it that they don't need to buy another one yet which hurts Wii U sales."

If you actually believe that, there is no way anyone can take you seriously.

This is a fact. I don't know what you're on about. People aren't upgrading from Wii to Wii U because they still have fun with the Wii. You'd notice that Wii games like Just Dance, Mario Kart or NSMB Wii are still selling consistently. These people might be casuals, they might have more than one console, but many are still happy with the Wii and they think Wii U is not worthy enough for an upgrade. This is an established fact that Nintendo is trying to change all the time.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

328. Posted:

^Or maybe they're not upgrading because they don't play games enough to justify spending hundreds of dollars again when the console doesn't offer many games that appeal to them.

Or maybe they've all moved on to the Kinect.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

329. Posted:

@dumedum or they are casual and moved on to tablets/smartphones.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

330. Posted:

Speaking of Titanfall, I just noticed missed the Beta...crap. I can't believe they only had about a month of Beta Testing. Maybe I should reconsider picking it up at launch. No matter what, it's still an EA game, so it'll need months of patching before it's as good as can be...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

331. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Speaking of Titanfall, I just noticed missed the Beta...crap. I can't believe they only had about a month of Beta Testing. Maybe I should reconsider picking it up at launch. No matter what, it's still an EA game, so it'll need months of patching before it's as good as can be...

Its quite fun but seriously over hyped, one complaint is sometimes I confuse real players with bots and end up getting killed by an actual real player from behind.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

332. Posted:

It has Bots?! <3:D<3

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

333. Posted:

The bots are in the multiplayer so you can't avoid them unfortunately.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

334. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It has Bots?! <3:D<3

Yep 6 vs 6 (human players) with a bunch of bots can't remember exact amount.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

335. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

The bots are in the multiplayer so you can't avoid them unfortunately.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this hopefully the full game will have a mode just for humans.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Karakato

336. Posted:

Man, feels like I'm missing out on something big here. Is there any grand sony exclusive game coming out in the horizon to match Titanfall's hype?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

337. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

@dumedum

This is an actual quote you made last month...

"There was nothing lucky or flukey about the Wii. It is a great console that appealed to a lot of people. People are so happy with it that they don't need to buy another one yet which hurts Wii U sales."

If you actually believe that, there is no way anyone can take you seriously.

This is a fact. I don't know what you're on about. People aren't upgrading from Wii to Wii U because they still have fun with the Wii. You'd notice that Wii games like Just Dance, Mario Kart or NSMB Wii are still selling consistently. These people might be casuals, they might have more than one console, but many are still happy with the Wii and they think Wii U is not worthy enough for an upgrade. This is an established fact that Nintendo is trying to change all the time.

Untitled

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

338. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

Man, feels like I'm missing out on something big here. Is there any grand sony exclusive game coming out in the horizon to match Titanfall's hype?

Closest thing is inFamous: Second Son. That does look really good, btw. Dunno if its $400 good though...guess you'll have to see for yourself.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

339. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

Same here ... uhm ... I hear that side-scrolling shooter the PS4 had for free at launch was pretty awesome. Maybe that's what sold all these consoles?

Does anyone think the internet frenzy could be responsible for this? Could the incessant trash talking, fear mongering, and general vile hatred toward Microsoft and Nintendo (and the facts ... lol) actually serve to swing so many consumers Sony's way? I still try to believe that internet forums alone are nowhere near representative of general, coherent thought (let alone can swing the majority of consumers), but maybe it's time to admit that I am sorely mistaken.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

Reala

340. Posted:

The latest figure I came across was the PS4 sold 5.3 million so far, I imagine they will have passed the wii u by March, the Japanese launch might even mean they surpass wii u's total sales by the end of the month.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain