Wii U Forum

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Showing 141 to 160 of 348

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

141. Posted:

Sony is in the lead through getting a ton of goodwill from the last half of the PS3s life.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

142. Posted:

@AJ_Lethal @SCAR392 I also never had any issue using original Xbox game on 360 either but I only played Shenmue 2, Jet Set Radio Future, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 on it.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

143. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@AJ_Lethal @SCAR392 I also never had any issue using original Xbox game on 360 either but I only played Shenmue 2, Jet Set Radio Future, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 on it.

I tried to play GTA Vice City on 360 and its borderline unplayable. It runs too fast, making driving very twitchy and aiming your gun almost mpossible. I had to quit playing after a few missions because it was too hard to control and wasn't fun. That's the only original Xbox game I tried to play on it though.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

Blast

144. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Sony is in the lead through getting a ton of goodwill from the last half of the PS3s life.

Yup. And I don't blame people for buying the PS4 early cuz they see it as investment but I am shocked at the same time. I honestly thought the PS4 sales wouldn't jump to crazy heights until something like Infamous: Second Son released. Turns out... tons of people are buying the console even before that game releases.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

145. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

See, I didn't even know that Starwars Battlefront II was on Xbox. If I would have known that, I definitely would have went out of my way to get an Xbox. I can only imagine how fun that game would have been on Xbox Live...

Just more reasons why I didn't like PS2 :P

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

146. Posted:

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Yup. And I don't blame people for buying the PS4 early cuz they see it as investment but I am shocked at the same time. I honestly thought the PS4 sales wouldn't jump to crazy heights until something like Infamous: Second Son released. Turns out... tons of people are buying the console even before that game releases.

I didn't think PS4 sales would be this good, either. It just goes to show that PS and Xbox fans bought their consoles with the same motive as Nintendo fans... Waiting for Second Son and Uncharted, is like waiting for Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, X, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Zelda, Starfox, etc. Some of which are already out or haven't been announced, but are still wished for.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

147. Posted:

@SCAR392 You definitely missed out. Was all I played on on Live for long time. Can't wait for 3 to come out.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

148. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I have no interest in getting a PS4, sales or no sales

Me neither...Although, i am interested in The Evil Within....But that's technically a PS3 game, which i can just get on my PS3. :P Nothing has caught my interest on either of the twins, outside of maybe Killer Instinct....even then, i could easily do without it.

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

149. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@SCAR392 You definitely missed out. Was all I played on on Live for long time. Can't wait for 3 to come out.

I thought it was only on PS2, so maybe that gives more explanation of why I would think it's a big deal to be on Xbox.

See, I want those games for Wii U, but if they never come, I'll just have to play them on the Xbox One I eventually get my hands on. The issue with that, though, is that Wii U can support games like that, so buying another console specifically for 3rd parties is kind of missing the point of expanding their audience.

Kingdom Hearts 3, for example. First of all, DX11 is a piss poor excuse. Fact. Also, Nintendo has arguably a bigger KH(or FF) fanbase than Microsoft. That doesn't mean I have angst for Xbox, either(obviously), but I'm just pointing some things that I would consider relevant. Looking back at past gaming systems, expanding their audience to Wii U is just as relevant as catering to PS1 or the original Xbox, seeing as those were new entities in the gaming scene. Just my $0.02.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

150. Posted:

I think I'll get one in a year or two- mainly for Madden and maybe a few others.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

Blast

151. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I didn't think PS4 sales would be this good, either. It just goes to show that PS and Xbox fans bought their consoles with the same motive as Nintendo fans... Waiting for Second Son and Uncharted, is like waiting for Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, X, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Zelda, Starfox, etc. Some of which are already out or haven't been announced, but are still wished for.

@SCAR392 Totally agree with you.

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

152. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Nintendo decided to stay with the same overall hardware base that the Gamecube and Wii had, which is one of the reasons why Third Partys bailed.

Really? Nintendo staying with the same hardware base drove third parties away? Back in the day third parties bailed when Nintendo changed their hardware for the n64 from the snes and went with playstation because it was similar to snes.

I swear it doesn't matter what Nintendo does, third parties always find a reason to either not make games for Nintendo or gimp the Nintendo versions.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

srhades

153. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

I would complain about the Wii U's plight once more, but Sony is apparently forecasting a 1.1 billion in annual loss, so I'll keep my mouth shut about PS4.

i do believe, good sir, I am the biggest Pikmin fan here.
On topic, the Wii U still has more sales overall (to my knowledge) at 5.8 million.

Puni Power
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753
Formerly NintyKing or NintenKingiiU.
"Does that make me Crazy?"

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

154. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Nintendo decided to stay with the same overall hardware base that the Gamecube and Wii had, which is one of the reasons why Third Partys bailed.

Really? Nintendo staying with the same hardware base drove third parties away? Back in the day third parties bailed when Nintendo changed their hardware for the n64 from the snes and went with playstation because it was similar to snes.

I swear it doesn't matter what Nintendo does, third parties always find a reason to either not make games for Nintendo or gimp the Nintendo versions.

Third parties jumped ship to the PS1 because it used CD which despite loading times could hold more data and was cheaper to produce than cartridges.

As much as we like to play the blame on their parties Nintendo has made a huge mistake nearly every gen that stopped support from coming. The Wii probably being the only one where they didn't.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

155. Posted:

I love how backwards compatibility, a great FEATURE, is your reasoning for devs turning away from the Wii U. That's more ignorant than not realizing that streaming GAMES will be far more difficult than streaming MOVIES. Netflix isn't even extremely stable with frequent quality drops and complete cutting out of video. You think GAMES will be a walk in the park?

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

AJ_Lethal

156. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I love how backwards compatibility, a great FEATURE, is your reasoning for devs turning away from the Wii U. That's more ignorant than not realizing that streaming GAMES will be far more difficult than streaming MOVIES. Netflix isn't even extremely stable with frequent quality drops and complete cutting out of video. You think GAMES will be a walk in the park?

Pretty much this. Not everyone has a decent internet connection.

deviantART

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

157. Posted:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Well, the PS4 has become the PS2 of this generation. Congrats Sony, now you have your respect again.

You know what that means? The Wii U is the Gamecube of this generation! Yay! :3 (And the X Box "one" will just be there like the first "one") ;)

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage

Blast

158. Posted:

Actually... Playstation Now is rumored to be Sony's first step into becoming a digital only company for gaming.
Call me crazy but I keep hearing theory that everywhere.
10-20 years from now if Sony becomes a digital only company for gaming then well.... I called it. LOL

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

159. Posted:

If you know your Nintendo history then you will remember back in the NES days Nintendo was not to kind to third party companies to begin with. Back then Nintendo put a limit as to how many games a third party company could put out on the NES a year, that's where companies like Ultra came from (which was Konami getting around that little detail). Then you also had the fact that all cartridges had to be manufactured by Nintendo, and to be paid for in full before they were manufactured. Cartridges could not be returned to Nintendo, so publishers assumed all the risk. As a result, some publishers lost more money due to distress sales of remaining inventory at the end of the NES era than they ever earned in profits from sales of the games. This is where you had the infamous Tengen cartridges come about.

During this time because Nintendo was the most well known video game system the third party games went along with this during the 8 bit and into most of the 16 bit era. Well then came along Sony with the PS and third party companies had an alternative to go to then Nintendo. The came Microsoft and that pretty much sealed the deal.

So in a way I can't blame third party companies not want to deal with Nintendo after years of that B.S.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

160. Posted:

If you know your Nintendo history then you will remember back in the NES days Nintendo was not to kind to third party companies to begin with. Back then Nintendo put a limit as to how many games a third party company could put out on the NES a year, that's where companies like Ultra came from (which was Konami getting around that little detail). Then you also had the fact that all cartridges had to be manufactured by Nintendo, and to be paid for in full before they were manufactured. Cartridges could not be returned to Nintendo, so publishers assumed all the risk. As a result, some publishers lost more money due to distress sales of remaining inventory at the end of the NES era than they ever earned in profits from sales of the games. This is where you had the infamous Tengen cartridges come about.

During this time because Nintendo was the most well known video game system the third party games went along with this during the 8 bit and into most of the 16 bit era. Well then came along Sony with the PS and third party companies had an alternative to go to then Nintendo. The came Microsoft and that pretty much sealed the deal.

So in a way I can't blame third party companies not want to deal with Nintendo after years of that B.S.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311