Wii U Forum

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Showing 181 to 200 of 348

AuthorMessage

Blast

181. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Congrats, Sony on the impressive sales of your console.

I don't hate Sony by the way. Far from it. I grew up with a PS1 and PS2. I'm upset with other gamers and developers that won't work on the Wii U. I'm upset that every time I open NintendoLife, there's a positive article followed by three negative ones. I'm upset that the world refuses to see the Wii U, perhaps the most interesting console of this generation, as a contender in the 8th gen at all. I'm upset that games have to be about blood and sex to be considered worth buying.

I'm just upset with gaming right now and sometimes I wish I could go back to being a gamer that only used his computer for gaming, FAQs, and walkthroughs.

There. Now I'm done with this thread for good.

Whoa. Great comment!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

182. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@SCAR392 I'M STILL NOT SAYING THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. I'M JUST SAYING THAT PERSONALLY, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU DO NOT BLAME THEM FOR LACK OF SUPPORT FOR THAT REASON THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT VIEW.

How would you be able to, though?

I'm confused, perhaps we should just leave it be.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

183. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@SCAR392 I'M STILL NOT SAYING THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. I'M JUST SAYING THAT PERSONALLY, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU DO NOT BLAME THEM FOR LACK OF SUPPORT FOR THAT REASON THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT VIEW.

That is a lot of capital letters sir. You must be proud of yourself for accomplishing such a feat. u_u

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

184. Posted:

@GamecubeMan Well it is the most consecutive caps I have ever used.

@SCAR392 Yeah, we should because we obviously getting nowhere anytime soon. Heck, might just be best to leave this thread be.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Dreamsleep

185. Posted:

PS4 for all the games that Nintendo doesn't tend to make (WRPG's, Sandbox, FPS, TPS, whatever), PC for all the awesome RPG's it has (looking at you Pillars of Eternity) coming to it, and the WiiU for Nintendo's games, and whoever actually makes an effort on the system. That's a wonderful way to get all your gaming goodness right there.

And, if you don't like Sony, switch out the PS4, for Xbone. In other words, who cares. Play what you like. It doesn't matter who sells the most, as long as we have all of these companies staying in business, offering games, and competing with one another. It benefits the consumer, the most.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

186. Posted:

Sony can cut a good trailer man.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

187. Posted:

@shingi_70 Still better ;)

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

188. Posted:

That dude has some slick dance moves.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

189. Posted:

That was awesome.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

190. Posted:

Basically what I was getting it is that Nintendo always had problems with third party companies. I do agree that the problem with them now is the fact that it's based on sales rather then the past. It's just logical business you are going to put you stuff out where it will get you the most money. For example look at the top selling Wii games on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Bestselling-Wii-Games/lm/RYL8HD000XXM5

If you notice from number 1 to 13 they are all third party games, heck the best selling third party game at number 13 is Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. If you look the first third party game to come out on other systems as well as the Wii is Guitar Hero III and that's at number 18.

While this is just one list Amazon is a pretty big retailer and I am sure that third parties look at this.

Now take the this list of top selling game for the Xbox 360

http://www.statisticbrain.com/xbox-360-best-selling-games-sta...

Notice that the number three spot is Call of Duty Black Ops which is a third party game. Not only that but look at how many third party games there are in the top 20 and compare it to the Wii.

Again this is only one list but again the companies look at these numbers.

This is why third party games get the treatment that they do on the Wii U after all these companies are in business to make money.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

micronean

191. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Basically what I was getting it is that Nintendo always had problems with third party companies. I do agree that the problem with them now is the fact that it's based on sales rather then the past. It's just logical business you are going to put you stuff out where it will get you the most money. For example look at the top selling Wii games on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Bestselling-Wii-Games/lm/RYL8HD000XXM5

If you notice from number 1 to 13 they are all third party games, heck the best selling third party game at number 13 is Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. If you look the first third party game to come out on other systems as well as the Wii is Guitar Hero III and that's at number 18.

While this is just one list Amazon is a pretty big retailer and I am sure that third parties look at this.

Now take the this list of top selling game for the Xbox 360

http://www.statisticbrain.com/xbox-360-best-selling-games-sta...

Notice that the number three spot is Call of Duty Black Ops which is a third party game. Not only that but look at how many third party games there are in the top 20 and compare it to the Wii.

Again this is only one list but again the companies look at these numbers.

This is why third party games get the treatment that they do on the Wii U after all these companies are in business to make money.

Thing is, that Nintendo games ALWAYS sold more on Nintendo systems. Their games, for whatever reason, are still on the highest level of quality and "timelesness" and nearly all third parties cannot compete. It's almost like if 3rd parties were ever to gain a foothold in this industry they'd have to destroy Nintendo.
Now, I don't think that kind of outcome is necessary, but their visions of gaming go in two separate directions. Personally, I think third parties will probably end up destroying themselves (due to the rising development costs, and competition between xbox and Playstation) before Nintendo ever starts to really suffer.

micronean

AuthorMessage

micronean

192. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

rbmoura85 wrote:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Well, the PS4 has become the PS2 of this generation. Congrats Sony, now you have your respect again.

It might become...but right now it has what, like 3 months in the market? Its incredibly soon to make this kinds of statements about any console, even for the one year old wii u

If you look at the PS4 towards the other consoles, the PS4 has the most support from publishers, developers etc this is actually documented. The PS4 has 100+ games from 1st party's, 3rd party's to Indies that's releasing in 2014 alone, a sign of a healthy platform 3 months in.

Links can be provided.

That doesn't mean anything until they are actually in store shelves--and crippling bug free! We're already getting tons of delays on PS4 and Xbox, there has recently been a number of major publisher titles that will not release to next-gen (FIFA World Cup being the latest one), and there's no guarantee that these games will play bug-free. Heck, they're being delayed for a reason!

It's been already 3 months since the PS4 launch, and nothing of any great "next-gen" quality has come out. They have now 10 months for these "100+" games to get released in 2014 alone.

As far as I'm concerned, "Next-Gen", up to this point, has been nothing but a major disappointment, and it could very well be a hint of what's to come for this generation...

micronean

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

193. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Congrats, Sony on the impressive sales of your console.

I don't hate Sony by the way. Far from it. I grew up with a PS1 and PS2. I'm upset with other gamers and developers that won't work on the Wii U. I'm upset that every time I open NintendoLife, there's a positive article followed by three negative ones. I'm upset that the world refuses to see the Wii U, perhaps the most interesting console of this generation, as a contender in the 8th gen at all. I'm upset that games have to be about blood and sex to be considered worth buying.

I'm just upset with gaming right now and sometimes I wish I could go back to being a gamer that only used his computer for gaming, FAQs, and walkthroughs.

There. Now I'm done with this thread for good.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

skywake

194. Posted:

It's all this guy's fault

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

banacheck

195. Posted:

The release of the Wii U release - delays,
When has 3rd party support been top notch on the Wii U? - buggy games, overpriced, missing features, you don't need an exclusive game for it not to be on the Wii U that's just sad. I can safely say I'll be playing some excellent games both on the PS4 & WiiU, but I also know for fact I'll have more PS4 games.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

196. Posted:

skywake wrote:

It's all this guy's fault

/thread :p

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

197. Posted:

^ those eyebrows will haunt me the rest of the day

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

198. Posted:

want to see that guy going retro to show off his collection of Atari 7800s :p

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

MAB

199. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

want to see that guy going retro to show off his collection of Atari 7800s :p

None of that matters when you own 4 32X's ;)

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage

Nintenjoe64

200. Posted:

Is that a 128x? Does Virtua Fighter play well on it?

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.