Forums

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Posts 181 to 200 of 337

RancidVomit86

@shingi_70 Still better

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

shingi_70

That dude has some slick dance moves.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

OptometristLime

That was awesome.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Tasuki

Basically what I was getting it is that Nintendo always had problems with third party companies. I do agree that the problem with them now is the fact that it's based on sales rather then the past. It's just logical business you are going to put you stuff out where it will get you the most money. For example look at the top selling Wii games on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Bestselling-Wii-Games/lm/RYL8HD000XXM5

If you notice from number 1 to 13 they are all third party games, heck the best selling third party game at number 13 is Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. If you look the first third party game to come out on other systems as well as the Wii is Guitar Hero III and that's at number 18.

While this is just one list Amazon is a pretty big retailer and I am sure that third parties look at this.

Now take the this list of top selling game for the Xbox 360

http://www.statisticbrain.com/xbox-360-best-selling-games-sta...

Notice that the number three spot is Call of Duty Black Ops which is a third party game. Not only that but look at how many third party games there are in the top 20 and compare it to the Wii.

Again this is only one list but again the companies look at these numbers.

This is why third party games get the treatment that they do on the Wii U after all these companies are in business to make money.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

micronean

Tasuki wrote:

Basically what I was getting it is that Nintendo always had problems with third party companies. I do agree that the problem with them now is the fact that it's based on sales rather then the past. It's just logical business you are going to put you stuff out where it will get you the most money. For example look at the top selling Wii games on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Bestselling-Wii-Games/lm/RYL8HD000XXM5

If you notice from number 1 to 13 they are all third party games, heck the best selling third party game at number 13 is Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. If you look the first third party game to come out on other systems as well as the Wii is Guitar Hero III and that's at number 18.

While this is just one list Amazon is a pretty big retailer and I am sure that third parties look at this.

Now take the this list of top selling game for the Xbox 360

http://www.statisticbrain.com/xbox-360-best-selling-games-sta...

Notice that the number three spot is Call of Duty Black Ops which is a third party game. Not only that but look at how many third party games there are in the top 20 and compare it to the Wii.

Again this is only one list but again the companies look at these numbers.

This is why third party games get the treatment that they do on the Wii U after all these companies are in business to make money.

Thing is, that Nintendo games ALWAYS sold more on Nintendo systems. Their games, for whatever reason, are still on the highest level of quality and "timelesness" and nearly all third parties cannot compete. It's almost like if 3rd parties were ever to gain a foothold in this industry they'd have to destroy Nintendo.
Now, I don't think that kind of outcome is necessary, but their visions of gaming go in two separate directions. Personally, I think third parties will probably end up destroying themselves (due to the rising development costs, and competition between xbox and Playstation) before Nintendo ever starts to really suffer.

micronean

micronean

banacheck wrote:

rbmoura85 wrote:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Well, the PS4 has become the PS2 of this generation. Congrats Sony, now you have your respect again.

It might become...but right now it has what, like 3 months in the market? Its incredibly soon to make this kinds of statements about any console, even for the one year old wii u

If you look at the PS4 towards the other consoles, the PS4 has the most support from publishers, developers etc this is actually documented. The PS4 has 100+ games from 1st party's, 3rd party's to Indies that's releasing in 2014 alone, a sign of a healthy platform 3 months in.

Links can be provided.

That doesn't mean anything until they are actually in store shelves--and crippling bug free! We're already getting tons of delays on PS4 and Xbox, there has recently been a number of major publisher titles that will not release to next-gen (FIFA World Cup being the latest one), and there's no guarantee that these games will play bug-free. Heck, they're being delayed for a reason!

It's been already 3 months since the PS4 launch, and nothing of any great "next-gen" quality has come out. They have now 10 months for these "100+" games to get released in 2014 alone.

As far as I'm concerned, "Next-Gen", up to this point, has been nothing but a major disappointment, and it could very well be a hint of what's to come for this generation...

micronean

MikeLove

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Congrats, Sony on the impressive sales of your console.

I don't hate Sony by the way. Far from it. I grew up with a PS1 and PS2. I'm upset with other gamers and developers that won't work on the Wii U. I'm upset that every time I open NintendoLife, there's a positive article followed by three negative ones. I'm upset that the world refuses to see the Wii U, perhaps the most interesting console of this generation, as a contender in the 8th gen at all. I'm upset that games have to be about blood and sex to be considered worth buying.

I'm just upset with gaming right now and sometimes I wish I could go back to being a gamer that only used his computer for gaming, FAQs, and walkthroughs.

There. Now I'm done with this thread for good.

MikeLove

banacheck

The release of the Wii U release - delays,
When has 3rd party support been top notch on the Wii U? - buggy games, overpriced, missing features, you don't need an exclusive game for it not to be on the Wii U that's just sad. I can safely say I'll be playing some excellent games both on the PS4 & WiiU, but I also know for fact I'll have more PS4 games.

banacheck

GuSolarFlare

skywake wrote:

It's all this guy's fault

/thread

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

MikeLove

^ those eyebrows will haunt me the rest of the day

MikeLove

GuSolarFlare

want to see that guy going retro to show off his collection of Atari 7800s

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

MAB

GuSilverFlame wrote:

want to see that guy going retro to show off his collection of Atari 7800s

None of that matters when you own 4 32X's

Untitled

MAB

Nintenjoe64

Is that a 128x? Does Virtua Fighter play well on it?

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

MAB

@Nintenjoe64 Including the 16-Bits of the Mega Drive you can say I am playing with 144-Bits of true next gen blast processing power

MAB

Snagrio

Idk, it must be my wishful fanboy thinking, but it feels to me that Nintendo is playing the waiting game. With the ever-rising development costs and lower profit returns the industry as a whole is increasingly having a problem with, odds are at least one of the big 3, or even just 3rd parties, are eventually going to implode on themselves. It already happened to THQ and the only thing keeping Capcom afloat is Monster Hunter, and that's just a couple examples.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

GuSolarFlare

WingedSnagret wrote:

Idk, it must be my wishful fanboy thinking, but it feels to me that Nintendo is playing the waiting game. With the ever-rising development costs and lower profit returns the industry as a whole is increasingly having a problem with, odds are at least one of the big 3, or even just 3rd parties, are eventually going to implode on themselves. It already happened to THQ and the only thing keeping Capcom afloat is Monster Hunter, and that's just a couple examples.

I bet they're making underpowered consoles with simple(but cool) gimmicks while they secretly research how to make a console with quantum computer tech, the old bits are doomed!

my Backloggery

LzWinky

I'm also not sure why anyone is expecting congratulations considering everyone knew this would happen anyway.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

supermario182

and the xbox one still has not outsold the atario 7800.

i still think that ps4 and xb1 are still riding their hype trains though. they had a big surge in the start from people who wanted them right away, but im not sure if that will hold up in the long run. im sure we'll have a better idea after this years holiday season, but i honestly wouldn't be surprised if nintendo has continued sales while the other two get stale and peter out a lot more.

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
my website
play my games and demos here!!

Twitter:

Hy8ogen

I don't care which console sold more, if the console has the games and features I want I buy it. Simple as that.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.