Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 221 to 240 of 559

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

I feel like Capcom's only big dumb decision was going from releasing like 25 iterative Mega Man games over 20 years to dropping it altogether. There's a happy medium, where you can release a new Mega Man every few years and make sure it's actually worth making. I mean, Mario still exists, right?

Obviously with Mighty No. 9 making almost $5 million on Kickstarter, the demand is still there. It just causes fatigue and brand damage when you release a mountain of samey sequels that nobody but the most ardent of fans is going to have the energy to keep up with.

Otherwise, they've done about as well as they can for a publisher as small as them. People tend to forget that they're a much smaller company than others like Square Enix or Konami. They can't afford the same risky decisions.

Edit: Holy Moses, I just looked up Konami's number of employees. They have nearly 5,500! That's more than Nintendo! What are all those people doing?!

They probably work in the Pachinko department...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

That's because SE and Konami have deluded themselves into thinking it's still the late 90s I assume. (jk, otherwise Konami would still be making games other than MGS )

I wish Square Enix still thought it was the 90s. That's the decade that entirely got them their reputation that they tried their hardest to ruin in the noughties.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Okay, yeah.... I'm gonna lower my expectations to be on the safe side and say Square Enix isn't behind this. I really want it to be SE but I dont wanna get letdown. If its not SE then whose left? What top notch developer doesn't want a Mature game on Wii U and wants this game to be huge? Who? Capcom? Can't be Street Fighter 4 or DmC. Ubisoft? The Crew? Um, no. Everything else is Mature from Ubisoft. Atlus.....? No.... Well.... Maybe.... !!!!! Tales collection? Hmmmm.... Gosh, this is hard to guess.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

Dragonball Xenoverse?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

That's because SE and Konami have deluded themselves into thinking it's still the late 90s I assume. (jk, otherwise Konami would still be making games other than MGS )

I wish Square Enix still thought it was the 90s. That's the decade that entirely got them their reputation that they tried their hardest to ruin in the noughties.

Super Mario RPG!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

Dragonball Xenoverse?

Wow... I would actually be really cool with that.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

In an interview dated June 2014, the creators of Dragonball Xenoverse mentioned that the Wii U did not meet the criteria they wanted for the game.

I also took the time to pick their brains about possible Wii U, PS Vita, and PC versions. On the Wii U, they mentioned that they liked the platform a lot. However, they conceded that for the type of game they want to make, the Wii U just doesn’t meet the criteria. As for PS Vita and PC, they wouldn’t comment on the possibility of the game launching on those platforms.

Source

Seems like a nice way to say "it wouldn't sell enough," but I guess that's ruled out too.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jaz007

Blast wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Dragonball Xenoverse?

Wow... I would actually be really cool with that.

Unless they're just doing normal PR here, I don't see how this could be their biggest project yet.

Jaz007

TuVictus

I think "Wii U isn't in our plans" could just be a whole bunch of formal PR from every publisher, so I wouldn't count out a bunch of titles just because the pub said something about the Wii U not meeting criteria.

TuVictus

Blast

So Dragonball Xenoverse isn't a choice anymore? WOW! At least give us a chance before assuming sales will be bad! Jeez! I would've bought this game on day one if it was for Wii U!

Master of the Hype Train

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

So Dragonball Xenoverse isn't a choice anymore? WOW! At least give us a chance before assuming sales will be bad! Jeez! I would've bought this game on day one if it was for Wii U!

I would totally buy that! If they fix those god damn servers for the game!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CaviarMeths

Operative wrote:

I think "Wii U isn't in our plans" could just be a whole bunch of formal PR from every publisher, so I wouldn't count out a bunch of titles just because the pub said something about the Wii U not meeting criteria.

Thing is though the publisher said this in June 2014, while Tantalus was already well underway with their project. If Tantalus was already working on it at the time, the publisher would not have specifically said Wii U wasn't coming.

So even it isn't just in the plans for now, it still can't be the project Tantalus is working on, unless that interview was an outright lie.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

It just isn't fair.... I just can't don't like how us Wii U owners miss out on games that might actually be received. Oh, well. More reason to get a PS4.

Master of the Hype Train

Kuhang

Another game that it could be is Sims 4, really it fits the bill. But given it's EA we are talking about here and their relaton with Nintendo, so Idk.

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

Kuhang

Actually the Sims 4 makes a lot of sense :

• AAA
  • Not rated M/18
  • It's not hardcore
  • Top Notch publisher being EA
  • It's a realistic approach cuz it makes sense for the Wii U audience as well
  • The game being their biggest project could be due to taking advantage of Wii U gamepad UI,so much possible with Sims, a possible Miiverse / online integration.

This could be it.

Edited on by Kuhang

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

WebHead

If I recall, there was a guy that accurately reported rumors of devils third being Wii u exclusive as well as Pokemon gen 3 remakes coming to 3ds who said last year that a HD remaster from Nintendo is coming to Wii u. It'd be an important remake to fill the release schedule. And miyamoto did say future ports and remakes will usually be handled by external teams...

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Blast

WebHead wrote:

If I recall, there was a guy that accurately reported rumors of devils third being Wii u exclusive as well as Pokemon gen 3 remakes coming to 3ds who said last year that a HD remaster from Nintendo is coming to Wii u. It'd be an important remake to fill the release schedule. And miyamoto did say future ports and remakes will usually be handled by external teams...

Nintendo hiring Tantalus to remaster a Nintendo game.....

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Kuhang wrote:

Actually the Sims 4 makes a lot of sense :

• AAA
  • Not rated M/18
  • It's not hardcore
  • Top Notch publisher being EA
  • It's a realistic approach cuz it makes sense for the Wii U audience as well
  • The game being their biggest project could be due to taking advantage of Wii U gamepad UI,so much possible with Sims, a possible Miiverse / online integration.

This could be it.

Interesting.... Very interesting....

Master of the Hype Train

WebHead

Blast wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Nintendo hiring Tantalus to remaster a Nintendo game.....

What? The remasters tantalus have done so far were good. Plus obviously Nintendo would be strict.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.